Prayers please

bigbird

Prayers continue for entire family. Much love BROTHER. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CR said:

Not trying to be too nosy but have you tried any lyrica for the nerve pain? I know some people that have neuropathy pain and it has helped them. Best of luck to all of you.

Been trying it since last Thursday.

On 10/18/2019 at 2:02 PM, bigbird said:

Most would say I should let him win, but nah...He would know

This made me laugh. For years I thought I could beat my dad in basketball. One day he decided to kick my arse much to my shock. 🤣

It did make me want to work harder though. I developed a lethal outside shot but he still had a mean hook. How do you defend that? lol. 

Just now, AUBwins said:

How do you defend that? lol. 

My dad used to try and pants me. It definitely slowed me down.

So sorry to read this. Will be praying for your family. I can't think of anything any worse than seeing your kid go through that kind of pain.

On 10/13/2019 at 4:01 PM, bigbird said:

Some here know...some don't, but my son has a very rare and severe bleeding disorder. He has been in and out of the hospital his entire life and many of y'all have walked through each stay with us. My wife and I typically can take care of his issues at home. Unfortunately, we have been chasing a severe knee bleed the last 10+ days and the pain and continued swelling has once again led us to another hospital stay. He is beginning to show some beginning signs of compartment syndrome in his lower leg and his pain meds have now become ineffective to handle the level of pain he is having. James is unbelievably strong and resilient. That said, due to the pain and a sense of things not getting any better, he is emotionally drained and is starting to spiral into a depressed state. Please pray that the pain subsides quickly, the swelling doesn't lead to more complications, and for his continued strength and resilience.  

Thank y'all for always being here for times like these.

Praying for you and your family today my brother!!!🙏❤️🙏❤️

Update:

James slept through the night and is still sleeping as I type this. The pain when awake is still pretty bad but he is either acclimating or it's slightly better. The constant pain is still there and high but the span between spikes has lengthened and the episodes are not lasting as long. That's a blessing. His knee is still bent at about a 60° angle and static. He can't move it but maybe a 1/4" and that's with really bad pain. The latest thoughts from the docs are to watch and wait. They have been really good but are at a loss to the cause and treatment. Once again James is the future case study.

If possible, along with the reduction in pain, please pray that his range of motion starts to increase. Thank you so much for all the support. The prayers are not going unanswered or unfelt.

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Update:

James slept through the night and is still sleeping as I type this. The pain when awake is still pretty bad but he is either acclimating or it's slightly better. The constant pain is still there and high but the span between spikes has lengthened and the episodes are not lasting as long. That's a blessing. His knee is still bent at about a 60° angle and static. He can't move it but maybe a 1/4" and that's with really bad pain. The latest thoughts from the docs are to watch and wait. They have been really good but are at a loss to the cause and treatment. Once again James is the future case study.

If possible, along with the reduction in pain, please pray that his range of motion starts to increase. Thank you so much for all the support. The prayers are not going unanswered or unfelt.

Absolutely praying daily! Thank you for the updates so we all know what to pray for!

Sitting in a cabin in the middle of nowhere. My bride and I are taking a mini vacation. Can’t stop thinking about James and my Buddy Bird. Praying just now for pain relief and healing. I have dealt with sickness in our children. I Know YOU are suffering too. May God send His peace and comfort to you all. Here for you my Brother. 

James woke with almost no pain and about 75-85% range of motion! He is smiling and acting like himself again. I can not express my appreciation for everyone that has prayed, put our family on prayer list, shared our story, reached out, and every other form of support. Thank you so much.

I'll update again soon.

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

James woke with almost no pain and about 75-85% range of motion! He is smiling and acting like himself again. I can not express my appreciation for everyone that has prayed, put our family on prayer list, shared our story, reached out, and every other form of support. Thank you so much.

I'll update again soon.

Great news, bird! Praise God!  I hope they can figure out what caused this so he (and y'all) doesn't have to go through this again.

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'll update again soon.

Glad to hear that Bird. Thanks for the regular updates. 

Praise God for answered prayers. Prayers continue!!!

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'll update again soon.

BEST. NEWS. EVER!!!!!!

Thanks for he updates my brother!

Prayers will continue for full recovery! 

20 minutes ago, alexava said:

Awesome! Do they know what worked? Medicinally?

They think it's a condition called CRPS, complex regional pain syndrome. There is no real clinical test to diagnose. More of a process of elimination diagnosis. It is another rare thing for him to now deal with. At least we have a name to put on it

58 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'll update again soon.

So happy to hear this man, brought tears to my eyes! So happy for James and all you guys, much love, brother!

411A4E71-A329-48B8-A61C-2320F73B3991.gif

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I'll update again soon.

Hell yeah.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'll update again soon.

I checked in here today just hoping for good news!!! Very happy to see that James is feeling much better!  

8 hours ago, doverstutts said:

Whew, now maybe I can something done around here. No telling how many times I checked this board since this started

Me too! 

Archived