Deion Sanders a candidate for FSU job

GwillMac6

Was just coming to bring this up.

Meyer, Stoops (Bob and Mark perhaps), Fleck, and Norvell... And can't strike a deal with any of these coaches? They must be reaching into the bottom of the barrel if Deon "I coached high school football once..." Sanders had emerged as a serious candidate.

Hell, at least Gus Malzahn was somewhat of a contemporary legend at the high school ranks in Arkansas 

Maybe I need to keep my phone line clear in case I get a phone call from the 850 area tomorrow 😅

36 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Makes as much sense as anybody else. It's a grab bag situation anyway, why not grab some glitter? Deion has the glitter.

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Was just coming to bring this up.

Meyer, Stoops (Bob and Mark perhaps), Fleck, and Norvell... And can't strike a deal with any of these coaches? They must be reaching into the bottom of the barrel if Deon "I coached high school football once..." Sanders had emerged as a serious candidate.

Hell, at least Gus Malzahn was somewhat of a contemporary legend at the high school ranks in Arkansas 

Maybe I need to keep my phone line clear in case I get a phone call from the 850 area tomorrow 😅

I don't think any of the employed coaches you mentioned would leave their current jobs for the FSU gig. Bob Stoops and Meyer are out of college coaching and neither has publicly stated that he wants back in. Maybe Deion will get the gig and we'll have fun watching how he does.

Sounds like a planted story to make FSU fans be thankful for whoever they do hire for the job.

16 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

But Florida State couldn't afford NOT to fire Willie Taggard right?

Correct. His record there was 9-12, both seasons were losing seasons.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Correct. His record there was 9-12, both seasons were losing seasons.

And the solution to fixing the mess left by Jimbo Fisher is a former stand-out star with no coaching or executive experience? I'm not necessarily defending Willie Taggard's coaching ability but I have to imagine he stands a much better chance to right the ship than an NFL broadcast analyst.

4 minutes ago, CR said:

Sounds like a planted story to make FSU fans be thankful for whoever they do hire for the job.

I agree, it's almost TOO ridiculous to be true. But if it is then we the Auburn Family should pay close attention because I don't see how this doesn't get ugly for the Seminoles. 

35 minutes ago, Tiger said:

LMAOOOOO this would be like if we hired Carlos Rogers out of the blue to replace Gus

Or Takeo? Auburn connections and all...😉

2 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

If we're talking flamboyance probably more like Cam. Takeo could definitely get stuff done through sheer force of personality and intimidation 😅

I feel I should know this. Off the top of your heads, what WAS Coach Malzahn's position/s as a player?

3 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I feel I should know this. Off the top of your heads, what WAS Coach Malzahn's position/s as a player?

WR

2 hours ago, TigerOne said:

Would you take Deion or Gus?

Deion probably a great recruiter.

he would probably be a good receivers or secondary coach

Saw an interview with Deion and Irving once. Deion admitted to not liking to hit or be hit and would ask Irving to block him out of bounds on run plays.

This reeks of desperation!   Don't think FSU gave Willie enough time.  His MO is a couple of bad seasons and then turns it on.  Did it at WKU and USF.  Of course, maybe he was in over his head too? 

6 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Don't give the BOT any ideas.

That said I think this might indeed be a ploy. You know how stores will put out insanely expensive items to make you feel better about spending more than you normally would?

• WarTiger changed the title to Deion Sanders a candidate for FSU job

Archived