Dug up after a year, for some reason: Endorsement for Steele

AUght2win

On 12/1/2019 at 2:07 PM, AU64 said:

That would have been  scary....but as for the bama receivers, nobody  has done much to control them and I guess  KS had plenty of film to study and we just don't have the speed... 

Where did you run off and go to?! I almost forgot you existed!!! Lol. Man I reallllllly did not like you. So I will probably regret this post if you come back.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Where did you run off and go to?! I almost forgot you existed!!! Lol. Man I reallllllly did not like you. So I will probably regret this post if you come back.

Read the date posted bro 

What I am hearing right now makes me want to puke....Its sickening and worse than I thought,even if its only partially true....Steele should be fired if he did what I am hearing....Its for damn sure, if they hire Steele, I'm done

I can’t believe this is a thing. “Endorsement” for Kevin Steele? A guy that’s such a “good/great” candidate to be a head coach he hasn’t had a serious chance to be a head coach in 20 years. So now, at 62, he should get a second chance at one of the programs that can play and compete at a national championship level? Good Grief! 

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

This needs its own thread 

Brother you ain't kidding I just listened to it and caught myself talking to my screen.

21 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I can’t believe this is a thing. “Endorsement” for Kevin Steele? A guy that’s such a “good/great” candidate to be a head coach he hasn’t had a serious chance to be a head coach in 20 years. So now, at 62, he should get a second chance at one of the programs that can play and compete at a national championship level? Good Grief! 

This thread was started last year

He was only a spring chicken of 61 then, so it made more sense then, I guess.... 

2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

This thread was started last year

He was only a spring chicken of 61 then, so it made more sense then, I guess.... 

indeed , I should have been more thorough 😆. At least he’s aged and grown since then. 

2 hours ago, mom2kid said:

We need clean start.  Steele is not the guy to change AU football culture.  Obviously he has a close relationship w some powerful board members and will allow their meddling.  We need a strong leader with a vision. 

The culture change is the reason the PTB want Steele, they are afraid of change.  JMO.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

This was a little bit over a year go tbh, but shout out to @AURealist for finding this golden nugget. It is definitely eye opening how it is happening again!

Is it? I was the OP and have a completely different POV after watching another year. As I said in the opener, KS would have been a short term bridge, one year experiment. But now, with the program in such dire straits, there's no WAY I'd give him the keys even for a year.

• AUght2win changed the title to Dug up after a year, for some reason: Endorsement for Steele

I think another big reason my, and obviously others', opinions have changed is that our defense suddenly fell off a table. 

If we had another top 10 level defense again this year, maybe we are more apt to say "this guy is a real deal coach, who can reload every single year". 

I like CKS for what he's done for the defense. But no freaking way would I hire him now. We need a clean sweep. 

On 11/19/2019 at 2:17 PM, AUght2win said:

**NOTE FROM OP: This thread was from last year, I do NOT want Steele as HC, losing repeatedly to UGA is a helluva drug.**

Assuming the multitude of rumors are true, with Gus being out and Steele being promoted, I understand people's negative reaction. It does seem like another JABA move of keeping everything within the family. But I actually like the move. Let me sell you on it.

If it's Steele, I am assuming he will be given the kind of contract that coaches should have - a short term, low pay, prove-it deal. He won't have much of a buyout because, like Coach O at LSU, nobody is gonna want to steal him away from us. This will free up money for a real-deal offensive coordinator. 

The Steele promotion would also keep the ship somewhat stable, and maintain our great defense. We have the pieces to win RIGHT NOW, so I think it's good not to totally rock the boat if you don't have to.

Steele is a CEO. Steele is a true coach and developer. Steele is the embodiment of Auburn's fearless, tough attitude. If he isn't the answer, then we can take a ride on the coaching carousel next year. We and Coach Steele both know he isn't the long term solution, but he could help the organization he's been a part of building reach its potential before he retires.

Man, you may have just broken the record for the post with the most dislikes! 😂

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

Man, you may have just broken the record for the post with the most dislikes! 😂

I know 😂😂😂 I don't know why tf @AURealist dug this up. It doesn't prove any parallel to what the boosters are thinking. I wrote this 13 months ago because I thought Steele could be a bridge, not because he's my buddy and thought I could control him.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

I know 😂😂😂 I don't know why tf @AURealist dug this up. It doesn't prove any parallel to what the boosters are thinking. I wrote this 13 months ago because I thought Steele could be a bridge, not because he's my buddy and thought I could control him.

I agree, might be just because emotions are running high right now. 😂

Y'all were having a big Ol group smoke out when this thread was made.   No way a sober person thought Steele was anything other than an interim to finish the year if Gus was fired.  But it does show the disinformation being spread by the money folks that truly want Steele.  

Damn, y'all were gas-masking, 808!🤣

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

@AUght2win,

Sorry about the down votes.

I "dug" this thread up so that people could see that the idea of promoting Kevin Steele to HC, possibly without due diligence, is not a new idea.  In fact, some of us last year thought there may have been some sly scheme going on to do just that.  

I never thought you had anything to do with any such plot. 

I wish you hadn't changed the name of the thread so as to dismiss its relevance to our current situation and rumors of backroom skulduggery.  But I understand why you would.  

I just wanted everyone to see what was going on back then and that some of us were suspicious even then of what I then coined "The Steele Agenda."  I also thought it would be interesting for folks to revisit their thoughts on the matter then vs now.

War Eagle!

33 minutes ago, AURealist said:

@AUght2win,

Sorry about the down votes.

I "dug" this thread up so that people could see that the idea of promoting Kevin Steele to HC, possibly without due diligence, is not a new idea.  In fact, some of us last year thought there may have been some sly scheme going on to do just that.  

I never thought you had anything to do with any such plot. 

I wish you hadn't changed the name of the thread so as to dismiss its relevance to our current situation and rumors of backroom skulduggery.  But I understand why you would.  

I just wanted everyone to see what was going on back then and that some of us were suspicious even then of what I then coined "The Steele Agenda."  I also thought it would be interesting for folks to revisit their thoughts on the matter then vs now.

War Eagle!

I was tempted to delete it, not because of downvotes, but because some lackey for the ptb might be trolling prominent AU forums to take the temperature of the fans on promoting Steele. 

I don't want them to point to this and go "See! Some Auburn fans DO want Steele! The backlash won't be that bad." 😅

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

What culture?

After RIR’s post I would say the culture the PTB have established of controlling Auburn Football.  They are reluctant to give up control.

So, does all this mean Neighbors was not interviewed today and Sark will not be interviewed tomorrow? You have a chance to possibility hire a big name to turn your program around. But instead you come up with this plan.

3 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

So, does all this mean Neighbors was not interviewed today and Sark will not be interviewed tomorrow? You have a chance to possibility hire a big name to turn your program around. But instead you come up with this plan.

Whatever the plan may have been, I'm pretty certain real interviews are going to take place now.   Which, I personally think, was RnR's objective in publishing his little exposé.  

Archived