Men vs UGA Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Okoro was the glue and we’re seeing that now

It's just sad to see a team fall apart at the seams. All of these scouts in the crowd so everyone wants to be the "hero" and they're all playing like zero's.

1 minute ago, slyinsocal said:

Our senior guards have ZERO confidence that any of their teammates, other than Wiley, can make a shot. I can't blame them for being a little selfish. A sad place to be.

That is not how team leaders are supposed to act.  Frankly, they aren’t much better at making shots. 

4 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

We just don’t play smart. And ALWAYS down to the level of lesser teams. 

We just flat out are not a talented team. Besides okoro and Wiley our team is a bunch of role players having to play starring roles. We can get away with it so far at home *knock on wood* but the road always exposed your team's flaws and weaknesses.

Bruce needs to tear into some of these young guys to quit playing cautious and scared. Take the pressure off. Play with nothing to lose instead. But again. A slight different rotation tonight in an effort to keep Doughty and McCormick somewhat fresh for the 2nd half. We've been a 2nd half team all year.

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

Looking like we've never played the game. 

How can everybody's timing be off for an entire half? 

Does our team hold regular practices where the players get to practice passing, shooting and simple rebounding? 

What a scheisse show. 

smh

I know this isn’t your first time watching basketball this season. Because this is a game-to-game occurrence. Okoro helps, but we’ve been streaky all season. 

We are just not a good shooting team. Forget the freaking 3. Forget it this year. Go inside more. Why not?  We can’t hit layups though... so... hmmm. Slams only from here out. 

4 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

It feels like we are the 12-13 team. Hopefully we can turn this around in the 2and half. 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Game has gone way better than I personally expected. Just got out of a meeting

How many months have you been sober?

3 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Our senior guards have ZERO confidence that any of their teammates, other than Wiley, can make a shot. I can't blame them for being a little selfish. A sad place to be.

I just think we need to pass more to open up options inside, or take better shots. So many 3's we've taken so far just haven't been good.

I think we're realizing just how much Okoro facilitated on offense even if he wasn't making baskets. His vision and passing is so much better than our guards.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

We just flat out are not a talented team. Besides okoro and Wiley our team is a bunch of role players having to play starring roles. We can get away with it so far at home but the road always exposed your team's flaws and weaknesses.

Yep, been saying this for a while. We’re not that good of a team. What Bruce has done with this team up until now is amazing. 

Purifoy keeps shooting 3's from way beyond the line and missing. We can't make a layup. Jvon and Wiley have been our only Offense. We have actually played pretty good defense on Edwards. He is going to get his points but we have not been killed by him. Hammons and Wheeler are hurting us. On one play Jamal Johnson shoots a horrible looking three and than does not get back and Wheeler goes the distance. Flanagan has missed at least 3 layups as has Doughty. If we just hit 2/3rds of our missed layups we are in the lead. Also when will this team realize they can't hit 3's on the road and just quit shooting them.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Okoro was the glue and we’re seeing that now.

Some moron on twitter said he wasn’t the lynchpin and that people were dumb for saying we go as far as he takes us (a take the HC himself has repeated)...that actually made me pissed 

we’d be a sub .500 team without Okoro

Flannigan is the very definition right now of million dollar move but 5 cent finish dude. He's had some pretty misses in the paint that haven't gone down.

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

Yep, been saying this for a while. We’re not that good of a team. What Bruce has done with this team up until now is amazing. 

He deserves sec coty just for getting this team to 20 wins which is a freaking miracle. Our 16/17 team was a lot more talented than this that only won 18 games.

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

That is not how team leaders are supposed to act.  Frankly, they aren’t much better at making shots. 

Understood. But they are the play makers. Get to rim, get to the free throw line. Cambridge gets regular, consistent looks when he's hitting. Tonight it's brick city. Worse than normal if that's possible.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Flannigan is the very definition right now of million dollar move but 5 cent finish dude. He's had some pretty misses in the paint that haven't gone down.

He looks great right up until he misses the shot🙂

We miss Jared more than anything for his ability to beat his man and get guys open shots on the perimeter. We don't have good shooters but a lot of our attempts are heavily contested.

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I know this isn’t your first time watching basketball this season. Because this is a game-to-game occurrence. Okoro helps, but we’ve been streaky all season. 

I've seen it.  But Jeez.  I just can't get over how the entire team can go cold the first period of every single game.  And we had no bright spot this entire half.  Usually there's some sort of bright spot - at least somebody is doing something right.  This is just inexplicable.  

I've given up on Purifoy. Dude is 6'8", and just hangs around outside the arc hoping to get a pass so he can jack up a three. His three point game is usually pretty fair, but the guy refuses to get involved in the inside game on the offensive end. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

We miss Jared more than anything for his ability to beat his man and get guys open shots on the perimeter. We don't have good shooters but a lot of our attempts are heavily contested.

That is a huge ability he has but I think we miss his ability to get the play set up a lot better as well as his leadership. Watching J'von made me realize just how good of a QB Harper was on the court.

Archived