Men vs UGA Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Just now, AURealist said:

I've seen it.  But Jeez.  I just can't get over how the entire team can go cold the first period of every single game.  And we had no bright spot this entire half.  Usually there's some sort of bright spot - at least somebody is doing something right.  This is just inexplicable.  

J'von got hot and went on a 9-1 run by himself.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AURealist said:

I've seen it.  But Jeez.  I just can't get over how the entire team can go cold the first period of every single game.  And we had no bright spot this entire half.  Usually there's some sort of bright spot - at least somebody is doing something right.  This is just inexplicable.  

J'Von had a a spurt we he scored about 11 points that was a bright spot and Wiley has been a bright spot. But that is it.

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

I've given up on Purifoy. Dude is 6'8", and just hangs around outside the arc hoping to get a pass so he can jack up a three. His three point game is usually pretty fair, but the guy refuses to get involved in the inside game on the offensive end. 

Same dude he was as a freshmen. He never got any better. He regressed actually. He was a better shooter and more explosive scorer as a freshmen.

If you can't shoot a 3 pt. shot consistently you better be working the ball into Wiley, MORE. He can take his shot or if they double team him he can pass it back out and start over. He can set a pick and roll for the pass too. Those are 3 options better than taking these long shots and dribbling the ball for 10 seconds 1 on 1. When Wiley isn't in there it's almost embarrassing.

Just now, IronMan70 said:

If you can't shoot a 3 pt. shot consistently you better be working the ball into Wiley, MORE. He can take his shot or pass it back out if they double him and start over. He can set a screen ad pick and roll for the pass. That is 3 options better than taking these long shots and dribbling the ball for 10 seconds 1 on 1. When Wiley isn't in there it's almost embarrassing.

Hitting layups would also be good with me. 

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

I've given up on Purifoy. Dude is 6'8", and just hangs around outside the arc hoping to get a pass so he can jack up a three. His three point game is usually pretty fair, but the guy refuses to get involved in the inside game on the offensive end. 

Not quick or athletic enough. He was quicker as a freshman. Those days are gone.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

J'von got hot and went on a 9-1 run by himself.

Well, then there's that.  I've been eating with the wife and missed it.  

Slow the game down. Try to keep it close. Maybe we can ugly our way to a win at crunch time.

My goodness. Purifoy standing in the same spot for 10 seconds and can't make a wide open 3. And a senior who can't catch a pass right in his hands. Absolutely embarrassing.

Bruce should be all over that ref for speaking to DC. Unprofessional. A players was in his cylinder under his legs. Total crap. 

Archived