2021 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

tigerbrotha12

10 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

Quote here.

He's still going to be at worst a top 5 pick, maybe top 3. 

2023 kid visiting in June 

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

He's still going to be at worst a top 5 pick, maybe top 3. 

Oh yeah. If you’re that talented it doesn’t actually matter where you play, they’ll find you. His argument - I think - is just that he feels he would’ve gotten popular exposure playing in college (that he didn’t get in the G League) that could’ve pushed him to #1. Whether that’s true or not is debatable, I really just hope Scoot sees it 😂

12 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Oh yeah. If you’re that talented it doesn’t actually matter where you play, they’ll find you. His argument - I think - is just that he feels he would’ve gotten popular exposure playing in college (that he didn’t get in the G League) that could’ve pushed him to #1. Whether that’s true or not is debatable, I really just hope Scoot sees it 😂

It would definitely be more fun. With the exception of last year due to COVID you can't beat the experience. Plus you'll get a fan base for life. 

Hickman is down to Auburn, Kansas and Gonzaga. Home state Zags should be the favorite, but this would be a huge pickup for us. 

Working in our favor is the fact that he would be the 3rd option at PG for Gonzaga.

Edited by Dunndone414
  • Like 1

FWIW Bruce isn't giving up on Scoot until he tells him there's "zero chance"

KD is still likely AU bound but it's still in the air with other teams going hard to get him

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

FWIW Bruce isn't giving up on Scoot until he tells him there's "zero chance"

KD is still likely AU bound but it's still in the air with other teams going hard to get him

I think it's going to be closer than Kuminga or Green. Those two seemed to have their minds made up at least 3 weeks in advance. I think Scooter legit is just arriving at this conclusion in the past few days or so. Gives Pearl some leeway to work with 

• Like 1

• Like 3
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

It is going to be an interesting game between AU & UAt this year.

I would call it a track meet game but these players are solid defensively as well.  Tall Rim Protectors up front and ball hawks in the back court.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, toddc said:

That's 12 really solid scholarship players right there. CBP will definitely enjoy coaching that group.

• Like 1

Looking like there is a possibility Desi Sills will not be a part of the class after all. Transfer credit issue. OP will be monitored and updated should this happen. 

Expect BP would go back to the transfer portal...

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Looking like there is a possibility Desi Sills will not be a part of the class after all. Transfer credit issue. OP will be monitored and updated should this happen. 

As late into his college stay, it's surprising he would have an academic issue w/ what courses he can transfer or not transfer w/ credit to AU?

6 hours ago, steeleagle said:

As late into his college stay, it's surprising he would have an academic issue w/ what courses he can transfer or not transfer w/ credit to AU?

Does seem strange. 

On 5/28/2021 at 11:21 AM, steeleagle said:

No credit from AU:

Basic Hog Calling - 101

Theory of Bacon - 101 & 102

Pork Chops Not just another White Meat - 251

and

Which came 1st the pig or piglet “a philosophical analysis” - 365 

Edited by AlaskanFAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/28/2021 at 10:36 AM, tigerbrotha12 said:

This may be starting to get resolved. Looks like Sills has found a way....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

This may be starting to get resolved. Looks like Sills has found a way....

That would be ideal.

7 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

That would be ideal.

I believe so as well. I actually really like the Sills pick up. He'll be an effort guy, and Bruce can work with effort, especially on defense. 

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I believe so as well. I actually really like the Sills pick up. He'll be an effort guy, and Bruce can work with effort, especially on defense. 

I like that he brings a bevy of SEC experience, as well as experience deep in the NCAA Tournament, to the guard rotation. I'm incredibly hyped about Wendell Green and KD Johnson, but I think they need a veteran presence to help them out.

5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I like that he brings a bevy of SEC experience, as well as experience deep in the NCAA Tournament, to the guard rotation. I'm incredibly hyped about Wendell Green and KD Johnson, but I think they need a veteran presence to help them out.

Career Ending Move Great #Career #Great #move #wallpapers | Funny reaction  gifs, Funny clips, Funny

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Career Ending Move Great #Career #Great #move #wallpapers | Funny reaction  gifs, Funny clips, Funny

EXACTLY!!!!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

With 2 official spots open on the team does anyone have a feel for what Pearl plans to do to fill them? Are there still high quality players available in the portal or is it possible we'll leave some spots open for extra signees next season? Our roster has amazingly skewed much older over the course of 1 season with several guys i see as possible early NBA departures. So I could see the value in saving for a big singing class of young ones since we likely won't be able to use transfers immediately again.