What side of your brain is dominant?

AUBwins

Are you right brain dominant or left brain dominant? Knowing the people you have asked makes it more fun being you already know their personality.  My daughter is right brain, which also correlates to left handed and disorganized but also very imaginative and creative.  What are you? I am a left brain dominant.

eTOdmV5U-8418806.jpeg

I see a pair of Vans that are improperly laced. Straight lace or go home. 

Also they’re grey/sea foam green. I’m right hand dominant. Wife is left hand dominant and sees the same. 

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I see a pair of Vans that are improperly laced. Straight lace or go home. 

Also they’re grey/sea foam green. I’m right hand dominant. Wife is left hand dominant and sees the same. 

My sister is also left handed but sees the sea green. 

Right! 

11 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Right! 

You see the pink?  With the creative nature of elementary teachers, it makes sense.  

15 hours ago, AUBwins said:

You see the pink?  With the creative nature of elementary teachers, it makes sense.  

And the nutball weekly LOOKALIKES!

A lot is actually stolen design, in the elementary world. 😊

In a MYERS-BRIGGS sense, most teachers are statistically SJ's...structured, risk-dependent, analytical, list-making, rule-following planners and closure-addicts.

I, ENFJ, on the other hand... 🤣🤣🤣...have a lot of fun...

12 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

I, ENFJ, on the other hand... 🤣🤣🤣...have a lot of fun...

Green and grey for me.

BTW, ENTP here...

38 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Green and grey for me.

BTW, ENTP here...

That's your NT weighing in...😉

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

BTW, I believe I am INTJ...but to be honest, I'd have to ask my daughter.  Maybe there is a -F on the end for forgetfulness.  ;)

Our NTs are our analytical, engineering-minded friends...throw the F in there for the lead-by-heart (feeler) component...

6 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Our NTs are our analytical, engineering-minded friends...throw the F in there for the lead-by-heart (feeler) component...

Also known as the inventor, the innovator, the visionary, or the debater

z-entp2.jpg

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Also known as the inventor, the innovator, the visionary, or the debater

z-entp2.jpg

Love Myers-Briggs stuff. I have to adopt all of these, because of E/I and J/P borderline tendencies. ENFJ, ENFP, INFJ, INFP. I would say the first two descriptors resonate more. I do need to recharge, though. 

ENFJ...The Mentor/Protagonist

ENFP...The Crusader/Campaigner

You and I share the "values freedom" trait. TBH...teaching being among the most dictated and regimented professions, I am LOVING THIS TIME, all empathetic concerns aside. 

8 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

..teaching being among the most dictated and regimented professions

The aspect that I struggle with and get reprimanded about the most.  I hate the illogical, pointless redundant rules that has infected education.  

I'm colorblind so I end up guessing half of the time. I see grey and white. Apparently my brain has an inner struggle to determine which side is dominant. :dunno: 

...and neither is winning. 

33 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I'm colorblind so I end up guessing half of the time. I see grey and white. Apparently my brain has an inner struggle to determine which side is dominant. :dunno: 

...and neither is winning. 

You must be among the 34% that are neither left or right dominant. My youngest seems to be balanced. Uses logic very well for her age (4), but also very creative thinking and definitely a performer. I swear she will be on stage singing and dancing one day. 

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

You must be among the 34% that are neither left or right dominant. My youngest seems to be balanced. Uses logic very well for her age (4), but also very creative thinking and definitely a performer. I swear she will be on stage singing and dancing one day. 

Have no idea but I do have a creative mind. Have a head for music but a deep singing voice...it belongs deep in the woods with no one around.

Wishing the best for your daughter. You must be proud. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

The aspect that I struggle with and get reprimanded about the most.  I hate the illogical, pointless redundant rules that has infected education.  

Thank you, thank you...why creative, independent folks are leaving the profession...or are morphing self and setting along the way to restructure conditions to try to play to their strengths. I'm working on my certification in Gifted Ed right now. It has been a breath of fresh air. 

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Have no idea but I do have a creative mind. Have a head for music but a deep singing voice...it belongs deep in the woods with no one around.

Thank you, very proud. 

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

You surely do...and a wicked sense of wordplay! 😉🦋

Ok. Son is an Engineer-to-be....sees green and grey.  Daughter is an aspiring artist....sees green and grey. Wife is a scientist...sees white and pink.

I already said I see green and grey.

3x left brains = 2 green and grey + 1 white and pink

1x right brain = 1x green and grey.

No makey no sense. I'm starting to doubt the conclusions.  ;)  

Anyway, it is such an odd phenomenon.  So deceptive.    Good stuff.

This has been a lot of fun seeing how many people see things differently regardless of the science behind it. 

Archived