Should Auburn Switch to Nike?

Zeek

19 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Go to Sams. Nike/UA dry fit polo's show up there for like 30 dollars if you are looking for just a plain color. University logo is always going to cost 80 or more regardless of who it is.

Thanks, will have to see if they have them down here.  I get the cost of the logo thing but want to see better styling.  the current crop is meh...I do have a cool one that I bought while traveling through AL on one of my trips a few years ago but lately haven't found something that really floats my boat.

18 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, actually.

Word of advice: Don't try to do that thing where you take a selfie and Samuel L. Jackson just happens to be standing right behind you. He will let you know what he thinks about that loud enough for the entire party to hear. And it will sound exactly like you think Samuel L. Jackson would sound berating someone at a party. And no, it wasn't me. I was introduced to him properly. But it was just a handshake and a "Big fan" and then me just standing there listening to entertainment people talk to each other for about 90 seconds. But I still try to work "I met Sam Jackson" into conversations as often as possible. 

i met danny jo brown who was the singer of molly hatchet in thomasvill ga which was his hometown. the bar was partners too. he sat in the audience right in front of the satge while i sang two hatchets tunes. i was still learning to be a decent singer back then but he was so gracious and nice.he gave me a few pointers and then he got up after break and and sang some skynyrd with us. he loved takillya and i remember he kept asking what the lyrics were. and i think he boinked the female singer we had who was also my gf at the time. we had it on tape and the gf took them. i do till have hi auto tho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I find it interesting that some of those who don't like ESPN injecting political themes into sports coverage are themselves injecting politics into which sports apparel company they'd prefer AU to go with.

This is about what's best for AU, IMO. Everyone should assess this question without personal agenda, as I see it. Not calling anyone out and not trying to be nasty or derail this thread, JMO. 

Agree,i also think U.A got a little backlash a few years ago for being political also. Vick situation was horrendous but i respect Nike for seeing the change in him and given him another chance.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i met danny jo brown who was the singer of molly hatchet in thomasvill ga which was his hometown. the bar was partners too. he sat in the audience right in front of the satge while i sang two hatchets tunes. i was still learning to be a decent singer back then but he was so gracious and nice.he gave me a few pointers and then he got up after break and and sang some skynyrd with us. he loved takillya and i remember he kept asking what the lyrics were. and i think he boinked the female singer we had who was also my gf at the time. we had it on tape and the gf took them. i do till have hi auto tho.

That is some story there fiddy!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

That is some story there fiddy!

you know he was kicked out of molly at that time. they had a huge concert at the orange bowl with bob seger and tons of other big name guys at the time. he was drinking takillya and they claimed he got so bombed he could not sing. he slurred his words { the obnes he could remember }and was stumbling around. later they found out after he went to the doctor he was diabetic and that was what happened. but he was super nice and very charismatic. and he was a big ol boy too. i think  he played some football. and at that time he was recording his own cd with his one hit hurry sundown. those were fun times..........peace and blessings to ya 72.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southwest said:

Agree,i also think U.A got a little backlash a few years ago for being political also. Vick situation was horrendous but i respect Nike for seeing the change in him and given him another chance.

i have tried to forgive vick but i saw too many pictures and i just do not have it in me yet. maybe one day. he he opened as retreat for ogs or something would go along way with me. and did he not say when he was busted that they were just dogs?

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif

Bird. Who is this little guy? For about a year, I've been thinking it was @Brad_ATX as a child or his little boy...🤫🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😇

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i think he boinked the female singer we had who was also my gf at the time. we had it on tape and the gf took them. i do till have hi auto tho

You are either way too forgiving or way to generous with your girlfriend. :dunno:  Not a judgement, just an opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Bird. Who is this little guy? For about a year, I've been thinking it was @Brad_ATX as a child or his little boy...🤫🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😇

You're killin' me, Tora.

You're killin me smalls gif 16 » GIF Images Download

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

He'd be great as a young version of this guy...

Screenshot_20200506-143923~2.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

He's the greatest man that ever lived. For goodness sakes, he had 9 kids with Wendy Peffercorn!

Squints Palledorous is his name and his name should be cherished.

the-sandlot-min.jpg

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

He's the greatest man that ever lived. For goodness sakes, he had 9 kids with Wendy Peffercorn!

Squints Palledorous is his name and his name should be cherished.

the-sandlot-min.jpg

I am going to have to put that on my list.  "The Road to El Dorado" was last night, viva Cinco de Mayo!

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

LOVE....and still heartbroken about Ritchie Valens, the Big Bopper, and this guy....even though it was way (?) before my time!  

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Pffffttt.... That'll be the day.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

LOVE....and still heartbroken about Ritchie Valens, the Big Bopper, and this guy....even though it was way (?) before my time!  

Buddy was great. My favorite...

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Pffffttt.... That'll be the day.....

Oh Boy 🙄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Oh Boy 🙄

Wishing Everyday to Not Fade Away and hoping I can continue to Rave On.

• Love 2

Doesn't do anything with recruiting, telling people that for years, it would be nice to say we have access to the nicest things of course but nobody is saying I am/not coming to that school for apparel

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Wishing Everyday to Not Fade Away and hoping I can continue to Rave On.

You and Under Armour are not going anywhere anytime soon. (My attempt to steer back to the thread topic) :)

• Love 1

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i have tried to forgive vick but i saw too many pictures and i just do not have it in me yet. maybe one day. he he opened as retreat for ogs or something would go along way with me. and did he not say when he was busted that they were just dogs?

Respect your opinion. There is a lot more I want to say about this but I rather this be more in a political forum.

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

You and Under Armour are not going anywhere anytime soon. (My attempt to steer back to the thread topic) :)

40etkc.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I don't think I'll ever understand the outrage about dogs and stuff but people cool with hunting for fun and heads on the wall and stuff like that. 

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't think I'll ever understand the outrage about dogs and stuff but people cool with hunting for fun and heads on the wall and stuff like that. 

I shiver at the thought of putting dogs through what Vick (and people i know personally do/did). However, i don't think Vick could have done much more to redeem himself from that. So I'm over it. I do hunt wild animals though. The conversation reminds me of one of my top 5 all time movies. 

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

you need to ask a hunter that question cole.

12 hours ago, DAG said:

Respect your opinion. There is a lot more I want to say about this but I rather this be more in a political forum.

enlighten me dag. i have friends that will not sit down in my house because they are afraid of getting dog hair on their clothes.........