Auburn Re-opening in the Fall

AURex

Here is an article that explains what Auburn is planning for Fall Semester in terms of re-opening the campus. A lot of it looks really good ---- read the article!

Three things concern me. (1) There will not be Coronavirus testing of all students when they arrive on campus.  (2) The facemask issue will be guided by what the state government of Alabama recommends, not a flat out requirement that all students, faculty and staff wear masks when in public on campus or in their dorms, etc. And (3) what happens when students test positive, because they *will* and the campus health clinic is definitely not capable of handling COVID-19 patients.  These concern me because students could arrive on campus as asymptomatic superspreaders and controlling The Rona among students who feel immortal and invincible is problematic.

As to whether Auburn and Opelika city governments will require face masks, whether the restaurants and bars will be a free-for-all, whether any precautions at all will be mandated -- we don't know at present. And as to football and basketball, will athletes be hibernating or running around out in the wild with all the other potentially infected students and locals? We don't know.

Still, as for the campus, it looks like they are trying. Here's the article.

12 hours ago, AURex said:

Here is an article that explains what Auburn is planning for Fall Semester in terms of re-opening the campus. A lot of it looks really good ---- read the article!

Three things concern me. (1) There will not be Coronavirus testing of all students when they arrive on campus.  (2) The facemask issue will be guided by what the state government of Alabama recommends, not a flat out requirement that all students, faculty and staff wear masks when in public on campus or in their dorms, etc. And (3) what happens when students test positive, because they *will* and the campus health clinic is definitely not capable of handling COVID-19 patients.  These concern me because students could arrive on campus as asymptomatic superspreaders and controlling The Rona among students who feel immortal and invincible is problematic.

As to whether Auburn and Opelika city governments will require face masks, whether the restaurants and bars will be a free-for-all, whether any precautions at all will be mandated -- we don't know at present. And as to football and basketball, will athletes be hibernating or running around out in the wild with all the other potentially infected students and locals? We don't know.

Still, as for the campus, it looks like they are trying. Here's the article.

So many things to consider. Thank you for sharing! Our mask-conscious son graduates in December, but he lives with my uber-health-conscious but 78-year-old mom off campus. I am sure it will be an adjustment. 

Archived