* Official Auburn vs. Kentucky Game Thread *

abw0004

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank and MAR definitely are the guys I want to see as 1 and 2 with how this OL is currently constructed. We gotta get outside, and we gotta have our best "eat mulitple hits at the goal line but still chug out yards" backs out there. 

33 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I thought Terry looked really solid, but I feel like that was like 75% scheme. Most of the tough plays where he had to throw...just made the wrong decision often. he's like a really really good Jonathan Wallace, for a comparison people would get. very defined ceiling with him out there though 

I thought he looked like Jalen Hurts except with zero football IQ.

Very surprising result in my opinion. OK's four turnovers were obviously the difference. KSU just lost to Arkansas State too. At least in OK's case the lose doesn't look good, but its early and things can change.

As far as our game, a W is a W. We definitely have some things to clean up but overall based off of the COVID impacts to our offseason and this being our first game I'll take it. We know some things we need to work on!

45 minutes ago, AuburnMike86 said:

Very surprising result in my opinion. OK's four turnovers were obviously the difference. KSU just lost to Arkansas State too. At least in OK's case the lose doesn't look good, but its early and things can change.

As far as our game, a W is a W. We definitely have some things to clean up but overall based off of the COVID impacts to our offseason and this being our first game I'll take it. We know some things we need to work on!

KState had three passes over 75 yards!  That is a morale KILLER.  Great news as I despise OU

2 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Defense grew up in the second half as well, major props to Steele. He got his guys in position to succeed in the second half and they answered

I hope he stays at Auburn until he retires. He's one of the best in all of college football.

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I hope he stays at Auburn until he retires. He's one of the best in all of college football.

Muschamp gets a lot of credit for turning the page for Auburn defenses, and that's fair, but the standard at Auburn is Steele's and he deserves all the credit in the world. He's also made some great hires. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

Muschamp gets a lot of credit for turning the page for Auburn defenses, and that's fair, but the standard at Auburn is Steele's and he deserves all the credit in the world. He's also made some great hires. 

Boom has a different style of coaching defense, and he was very effective but KS is just so adept at making his defensive plan and then tweaking it as the game progresses. There's just something fascinating about it. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I thought he looked like Jalen Hurts except with zero football IQ.

eh I guess, I think Jalen is an incredibly tough runner and also isnt a game manager. I really made that comparison to say hes a dual threat game manager. 

52 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

We couldn't have asked for better hires in 2015 or 2016. It really worked out perfectly.

Archived