Tubs

tomcat

Like most all of you, I celebrated Tubs six victories over mediocre Alabama teams...but hey...a win is a win. When our kids and grandkids look at the record 15 years from now, they are all W’s. 

Now, after walking away with millions, and choosing not complete with Saban, bailing on Texas Tech...at a recruiting dinner no less...and then quitting on Cincinnati...not exactly a testimonial to character, grit and morals. As an aside, Gus is 3 wins, 4 losses against Saban ...I’ve got the same consistency complaints as you. However, over 7 games, who has done better than Gus? Tubs and the BBQ gang quit. Tubs did nothing to set up the current success Cincinnati is having.

Doug Jones dogmatically pursued convictions against church bombers. He is a man of ethics and morals. He is obviously no quitter. Left of center?  Slightly. Look, in an embarrassing display of ignorance, Tubs could not explain the Voting Rights Act.

Please vote for a more positive, civil future. Be a thinking and informed voter. Vote for a thinking, informed candidate...Doug Jones.

Tommy Tuberville has NO business being a U.S. Senator. None.

But I will happily try to vote out Doug Jones who enjoys not representing me and most of his constituents. Doug Jones voted to impeach Trump which EVERYONE knew was a waste of time. Doug Jones voted against confirming Kavanaugh, who absolutely met all of the qualifications to be on the SCOTUS. If Doug Jones wanted to represent me then I would be happy to vote for him.

Thanks for your perspective. I suspect if Obama were charged with the same acts as Trump, you would have supported impeachment.

kavanaugh is already getting out over his skies. He is lose and fast with facts as his college days attest.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2020/10/29/brett-kavanaugh-forced-to-correct-supreme-court-opinion-after-vermont-calls-out-false-info/?sh=48c6b4284fc4

25 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Thanks for your perspective. I suspect if Obama were charged with the same acts as Trump, you would have supported impeachment.

kavanaugh is already getting out over his skies. He is lose and fast with facts as his college days attest.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2020/10/29/brett-kavanaugh-forced-to-correct-supreme-court-opinion-after-vermont-calls-out-false-info/?sh=48c6b4284fc4

Do you think that those two votes by Doug Jones reflected the desires of his constituents? That's all I need to know. Doug Jones is not trying to represent his constituents, he is trying to  represent his party. He has every right to vote the way he votes, and I have every right to vote for someone who tries to represent me.

I tried to communicate, via his website, with Doug Jones on different occasions, asking for his political perspective on different issues each time. In each instance, I received a generalized response that had nothing to do with my questions. Typical politician evasiveness.

Since he (or his staff) refused to directly address a question from a constituent, I cannot vote for him. 

5 hours ago, Hspoprn said:

I tried to communicate, via his website, with Doug Jones on different occasions, asking for his political perspective on different issues each time. In each instance, I received a generalized response that had nothing to do with my questions. Typical politician evasiveness.

Since he (or his staff) refused to directly address a question from a constituent, I cannot vote for him. 

I understand that frustration....I’ve received the same thing from Richard Shelby’s office for years. Obviously a clerk with canned responses. Do you suppose Tubs would be better? He has refused to debate, and totally avoids the press. 

Doug is head and shoulders above Tuberville. Forget that Tuberville is a blithering ******* idiot. No way I can vote for Tuberville. But I am torn. I don’t want democrats to get control of the senate, or anything else. 

5 hours ago, tomcat said:

I understand that frustration....I’ve received the same thing from Richard Shelby’s office for years. Obviously a clerk with canned responses. Do you suppose Tubs would be better? He has refused to debate, and totally avoids the press. 

Tuberville wants nt part of having to elaborate on his platform because there's no way it would go well. He's going to win without even putting forth a platform. Frustrating.

And he sure as hell never wants to debate Doug, a former prosecutor that would run rhetorical rings around him. 

Doug's continued public service will be in the DOJ.

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Tuberville wants nt part of having to elaborate on his platform because there's no way it would go well. He's going to win without even putting forth a platform. Frustrating.

Ah yes, the ever successful Aaron Burr approach lol

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

And he sure as hell never wants to debate Doug, a former prosecutor that would run rhetorical rings around him. 

A buddy of mine outside Huntsville was way too emboldened by Jones winning last time. He refused to acknowledge that it took the GOP nominating an actual, known pedophile for a Dem to win (narrowly). He's far too optimistic about this new leaf he thinks the state has turned over. 

It's truly sad and I hate so much that the state earns every bit of derision it receives at the national level. It isn't just outdated stereotypes held over from the Wallace years. Not at all. 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Honestly, Doug Jones as AG could go over really well with a lot of folks if Biden wins.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Honestly, Doug Jones as AG could go over really well with a lot of folks if Biden wins.

I think he's the only name on their shortlist at the moment, and he definitely has the résumé for it.

I just want him to continue his public service. He's represented Alabama well. 

6 hours ago, AUDub said:

Trump is not going to give Doug the AG. 

people should stop treating elected political positions like they are a specialized field.   Its not and was never meant to be. Its a civic duty that mostly anyone can run for office and have an opportunity to do the job well if they keep the people they represent in the forethought of their decisions. 

Archived