AG Barr: No evidence of widespread election fraud

TitanTiger

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General William Barr said Tuesday the Justice Department has not uncovered evidence of widespread voter fraud that would change the outcome of the 2020 presidential election. 

His comments come despite President Donald Trump’s repeated claims that the election was stolen, and his refusal to concede his loss to President-Elect Joe Biden. 

In an interview with The Associated Press, Barr said U.S. attorneys and FBI agents have been working to follow up specific complaints and information they’ve received, but they’ve uncovered no evidence that would change the outcome of the election.

“To date, we have not seen fraud on a scale that could have affected a different outcome in the election,” Barr told the AP. 

The comments are especially direct coming from Barr, who has been one of the president’s most ardent allies. Before the election, he had repeatedly raised the notion that mail-in voter fraud could be especially vulnerable to fraud during the coronavirus pandemic as Americans feared going to polls and instead chose to vote by mail. 

Last month, Barr issued a directive to U.S. attorneys across the country allowing them to pursue any “substantial allegations” of voting irregularities, if they existed, before the 2020 presidential election was certified, despite no evidence at that time of widespread fraud. That memorandum gave prosecutors the ability to go around longstanding Justice Department policy that normally would prohibit such overt actions before the election was certified. Soon after it was issued, the department’s top elections crime official announced he would step aside from that position because of the memo.

The Trump campaign team led by Rudy Giuliani has been alleging a widespread conspiracy by Democrats to dump millions of illegal votes into the system with no evidence. They have filed multiple lawsuits in battleground states alleging that partisan poll watchers didn’t have a clear enough view at polling sites in some locations and therefore something illegal must have happened. The claims have been repeatedly dismissed including by Republican judges who have ruled the suits lacked evidence. Local Republicans in some battleground states have followed Trump in making similar unsupported claims.

Trump has railed against the election in tweets and in interviews though his own administration has said the 2020 election was the most secure ever. Trump recently allowed his administration to begin the transition over to Biden, but has still refused to admit he lost. 

The issues Trump’s campaign and its allies have pointed to are typical in every election: Problems with signatures, secrecy envelopes and postal marks on mail-in ballots, as well as the potential for a small number of ballots miscast or lost. 

But they’ve also requested federal probes into the claims. Attorney Sidney Powell has spun fictional tales of election systems flipping votes, German servers storing U.S. voting information and election software created in Venezuela “at the direction of Hugo Chavez,” – the late Venezuelan president who died in 2013. Powell has since been removed from the legal team after an interview she gave where she threatened to “blow up” Georgia with a “biblical” court filing.  

Barr didn’t name Powell specifically but said: “There’s been one assertion that would be systemic fraud and that would be the claim that machines were programmed essentially to skew the election results. And the DHS and DOJ have looked into that, and so far, we haven’t seen anything to substantiate that,” Barr said. 

He said people were confusing the use of the federal criminal justice system with allegations that should be made in civil lawsuits. He said such a remedy for those complaints would be a top-down audit conducted by state or local officials, not the U.S. Justice Department.

“There’s a growing tendency to use the criminal justice system as sort of a default fix-all, and people don’t like something they want the Department of Justice to come in and ‘investigate,’” Barr said. 

He said first of all there must be a basis to believe there is a crime to investigate. 

“Most claims of fraud are very particularized to a particular set of circumstances or actors or conduct. They are not systemic allegations and. And those have been run down; they are being run down,” Barr said. “Some have been broad and potentially cover a few thousand votes. They have been followed up on.”

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-joe-biden-donald-trump-elections-william-barr-b1f1488796c9a98c4b1a9061a6c7f49d?cid=ed_npd_bn_tw_bn

My favorite part is Rudy and the Kraken's response.  Basically, "With due respect Mr AG, you don't have the information."

Clown show man

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Damn. Trump gonna have more losses this season than Gus. 

Damn it man! Because of this statement, they just gave Gus an extension because "He's more victorious than the president himself".

In regard to the article: With a TV show personality at the helm, it's no surprise this has turned into a show(of the "s***" variety).

Wait a minute, You mean Barr is a man that actually does his job? We were told ad nauseum here that Barr was the Son of Satan, etc. 

Turns out Barr is just doing his damn job. The real shame here is that some folks on this forum ONLY CARE when their "party" is winning. Otherwise, drown them in a sea of useless, idiotic hyperbole. They dont give a **** about "Truth." ALL, and i mean ALL they care about is winning the next 30 seconds of a debate.  I mean if Barr was indeed all those things he has been called over the last 2 years, then why does anyone care what he says or does????????  

rube
Definitions from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

• noun An unsophisticated country person.
  • noun A person of rural heritage; a yokel.
  • noun pejorative An uninformed, unsophisticated, or unintelligent person.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

And now this.  Justice Department investigating a potential pay for pardon scheme.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/01/politics/presidential-pardon-justice-department/index.html

Brad, did you EVER think this wasnt the way the world worked?
Clinton’s Pardon of Marc Rich

• KWAME HOLMAN:

Billionaire Marc Rich was one of America's most wanted white collar criminals. The commodities trader fled to Switzerland in 1983, shortly after he was charged with more than 50 counts involving fraud, racketeering, and tax evasion. The charges could have drawn a prison sentence of more than 300 years. Federal prosecutors said Rich rigged an oil pricing scheme during the 1973 energy crisis and illegally sold oil to Iran while that country held American hostages. During the final hours of his presidency, President Clinton gave the 65-year-old fugitive a full pardon. Mr. Clinton was asked about the pardon on his first full day as a private citizen.

• BILL CLINTON:

You're not saying these people didn't commit the offense. You're saying they paid, they paid in full. I spent a lot of time on that case. I think there are very good reasons for it. And I think

I couldn't say them any better than Jack Quinn, Mr. Rich's attorney.

• KWAME HOLMAN:

Jack Quinn was one of Bill Clinton's White House counsels.

Quinn was joined in the last- minute appeal for a pardon for Marc Rich by Rich's former wife, Denise, a political fund-raiser who has donated more than a million dollars to Democrats since 1993. According to news accounts, she and dozens of influential supporters, including Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak, wrote to Mr. Clinton urging Rich's pardon. In 1983, New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani was the U.S. Attorney whose office prosecuted Marc Rich. Now he's urged Congress to review the pardon.

41 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Brad, did you EVER think this wasnt the way the world worked?
Clinton’s Pardon of Marc Rich

• KWAME HOLMAN:

Billionaire Marc Rich was one of America's most wanted white collar criminals.

:laugh:  I knew someone was going to do a "whataboutism" on Marc Rich.  Figures it would be you

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

:laugh:  I knew someone was going to do a "whataboutism" on Marc Rich.  Figures it would be you

Well it 100% addressed the topic at hand. I mean if you can take the money and pardon an insufferable bastiche like Mark Rich, hell you can pardon anyone. Who has done more damage than Rich? Probably no one. 

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Wait a minute, You mean Barr is a man that actually does his job? We were told ad nauseum here that Barr was the Son of Satan, etc. 

Turns out Barr is just doing his damn job. The real shame here is that some folks on this forum ONLY CARE when their "party" is winning. Otherwise, drown them in a sea of useless, idiotic hyperbole. They dont give a **** about "Truth." ALL, and i mean ALL they care about is winning the next 30 seconds of a debate.  I mean is Barr was indeed all those things he has been called over the last 2 years, then why does anyone care what he says or does????????  

•  

For the record, I don’t have a party. I’m an independent, and somewhat of a moderate. I’ve called out Democrats for their BS in the past. Right now, I’m more mad than I’ve ever been with the Republican Party, or either party for that matter. Trump is literally pushing conspiracy theories and retweeting the worst stations of a legitimately biased media system. The mainstream of Republicans aren’t calling him out, even as he’s trying to strong arm states into tossing out the voice of the people to just appoint electors. The right leaning voting populace is being spoon fed nonsense, and none of the formerly sane republicans are saying anything. The only good thing I see potentially coming out of this is a long shot chance that this finally breaks open the two party system. But most of the scenarios for what happen next are truly frightening. 

People think the US is getting dumber. It isn’t. There’s something called the Flynn Effect... we are actually getting smarter and have been for years. But what’s happening on both sides (but especially with the Republican Party) is people ditching facts, and just finding or inventing facts that fit their own narrative. People are smart enough to really think and critically evaluate, and are choosing not to do it. This is called confirmation bias. It’s a common human error. But I’ve never seen it be as egregious in society as it’s become today. 

2 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

For the record, I don’t have a party. I’m an independent, and somewhat of a moderate. I’ve called out Democrats for their BS in the past. Right now, I’m more mad than I’ve ever been with the Republican Party, or either party for that matter. Trump is literally pushing conspiracy theories and retweeting the worst stations of a legitimately biased media system. The mainstream of Republicans aren’t calling him out, even as he’s trying to strong arm states into tossing out the voice of the people to just appoint electors. The right leaning voting populace is being spoon fed nonsense, and none of the formerly sane republicans are saying anything. The only good thing I see potentially coming out of this is a long shot chance that this finally breaks open the two party system. But most of the scenarios for what happen next are truly frightening. 

People think the US is getting dumber. It isn’t. There’s something called the Flynn Effect... we are actually getting smarter and have been for years. But what’s happening on both sides (but especially with the Republican Party) is people ditching facts, and just finding or inventing facts that fit their own narrative. This is called confirmation bias. It’s a common human error. But I’ve never seen it be as egregious in society as it’s become today. 

That was awesome. Again, you are going to collect facepalms from the unwashed all day around here. 

24 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

That was awesome. Again, you are going to collect facepalms from the unwashed all day around here. 

What else is new? I'm known on here for just stating what I think, not sugar coating my thoughts, and not "falling in line" with others' opinions. In fact, the only thing that gets me upset on here is people acting like they are expressing opinions based more on feelings that facts. But, I ultimately don't care how many people I p*** off on here. I'm going to shirk my feelings as best as I can and give what I believe to be my truly objective opinion. If people have a problem with that, they can kiss my tiger tail. "Truth" has become too subjective of a term lately, and I think that being truthful and honest is the best think I can personally do to make a difference right now. 

7 hours ago, AUFriction said:

What else is new? I'm known on here for just stating what I think, not sugar coating my thoughts, and not "falling in line" with others' opinions. In fact, the only thing that gets me upset on here is people acting like they are expressing opinions based more on feelings that facts. But, I ultimately don't care how many people I p*** off on here. I'm going to shirk my feelings as best as I can and give what I believe to be my truly objective opinion. If people have a problem with that, they can kiss my tiger tail. "Truth" has become too subjective of a term lately, and I think that being truthful and honest is the best think I can personally do to make a difference right now. 

And you Sir may well be the new facepalm King Around here.
Seems a lot of friends SUPPOSEDLY on the Left around here can absolutely not take ANY, and Brother I MEAN ANY, AS IN NOT EVEN ONE, question of any Democrat's actions nor  reasons for doing anything. I got a whole series of questions planned about a cabinet that MAY include Susan Rice, Janet Yellen, NEERA TANDEN???? (WTF is that about?) that I am sure is going to piss off half the admins and surely every Democrat on the forum. 

If you really are about "Unity," why would you ever name Susan Rice dog catcher? Every Republican is going to quote her words right after Benghazi for the next 4-8 years. She blamed Benghazi on a video that no one in the Intelligence Community ever said had any input on the attack there or anywhere else. The idiots in American Media slavishly repeated it all and never once questioned if it was real nor correct. I could make a factual case that she is as big a liar as there has ever been in DC.

1) She also was the one wanting the people in the NSA warrants Unmasked, and was there for
2) the Infamous January 2017 meeting in the WH where Obama, Biden, et al asked for more investigations into Russian Collusion even though Strzok recorded in his notes there was no evidence nor reason to proceed with warrants for Cater Page, Flynn, etc. 

Neera Tanden?
She betrays herself as a product of Section 8 Housing and other assistance. Yet, she has openly advocated for slashing cuts to Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security, and has made her legacy openly opposing M4A. Most Progressives would name her close to Public Enemy #1. Dore, Ball, and other Progressive Media people have real issues with her. They openly mock her at every turn. She is a lightning rod for Progressives. She has headed the extremely Clinton Friendly 'Center for American Progress' (CAP) and has worked on Presidential Campaigns going back 32 years. She is viewed within Progressive Circles as "EVERYTHING WRONG WITH CORPORATE DEMOCRATS." She needs Dem Senators to make it past confirmation. Rumors are that Bernie Sanders is sharpening the knives for some real political payback on Tanden. It would be fair to say their relationship is IN THE TOILET. She has been overly nasty to Sanders over the years and was pretty much the spear point attacking him back in 2016. Her attacks on Sanders are Progressive Legend at this point. She is a tweeting wunderkind. She has at least 50% more tweets than DJT, 89K to his 59K. In the last week she has deleted at least 1,100 of those tweets so far as they are so problematic for her. Not to worry, the Republicans and Progressives have them already archived to throw in her face during a confirmation that may never come. 

And this is Unity? How do you get Unity if all you are Unifying are Republicans and Progressives AGAINST your picks for Cabinet?

15 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Powerful

i wish they would all hold trump accountable but i doubt we ever see it. some of the stuff he has done is treason in my eyes and there will be some surprises once he is out of office and does not have that kind of power anymore.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

And you Sir may well be the new facepalm King Around here.
Seems a lot of friends SUPPOSEDLY on the Left around here can absolutely not take ANY, and Brother I MEAN ANY, AS IN NOT EVEN ONE, question of any Democrat's actions nor  reasons for doing anything. I got a whole series of questions planned about a cabinet that MAY include Susan Rice, Janet Yellen, NEERA TANDEN???? (WTF is that about?) that I am sure is going to piss off half the admins and surely every Democrat on the forum. 

If you really are about "Unity," why would you ever name Susan Rice dog catcher? Every Republican is going to quote her words right after Benghazi for the next 4-8 years. She blamed Benghazi on a video that no one in the Intelligence Community ever said had any input on the attack there or anywhere else. The idiots in American Media slavishly repeated it all and never once questioned if it was real nor correct. I could make a factual case that she is as big a liar as there has ever been in DC.

1) She also was the one wanting the people in the NSA warrants Unmasked, and was there for
2) the Infamous January 2017 meeting in the WH where Obama, Biden, et al asked for more investigations into Russian Collusion even though Strzok recorded in his notes there was no evidence nor reason to proceed with warrants for Cater Page, Flynn, etc. 

Neera Tanden?
She betrays herself as a product of Section 8 Housing and other assistance. Yet, she has openly advocated for slashing cuts to Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security, and has made her legacy openly opposing M4A. Most Progressives would name her close to Public Enemy #1. Dore, Ball, and other Progressive Media people have real issues with her. They openly mock her at every turn. She is a lightning rod for Progressives. She has headed the extremely Clinton Friendly 'Center for American Progress' (CAP) and has worked on Presidential Campaigns going back 32 years. She is viewed within Progressive Circles as "EVERYTHING WRONG WITH CORPORATE DEMOCRATS." She needs Dem Senators to make it past confirmation. Rumors are that Bernie Sanders is sharpening the knives for some real political payback on Tanden. It would be fair to say their relationship is IN THE TOILET. She has been overly nasty to Sanders over the years and was pretty much the spear point attacking him back in 2016. Her attacks on Sanders are Progressive Legend at this point. She is a tweeting wunderkind. She has at least 50% more tweets than DJT, 89K to his 59K. In the last week she has deleted at least 1,100 of those tweets so far as they are so problematic for her. Not to worry, the Republicans and Progressives have them already archived to throw in her face during a confirmation that may never come. 

And this is Unity? How do you get Unity if all you are Unifying are Republicans and Progressives AGAINST your picks for Cabinet?

man aufiction is not face palming you he has a bad tooth............poor guy.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I never said he was facepalming me....

Just now, DKW 86 said:

I never said he was facepalming me....

well hell maybe he ought to! got my xmas present yet?

49 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well hell maybe he ought to! got my xmas present yet?

Nope, can it come in the mail? Lol

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Hey. I got my tooth fixed yesterday! Hardest root canal I’ve ever had. (Weird timing for you to make a “my bad tooth joke!)

Archived