Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Same. Last night I poured over relentlessly as much napier articles and video's of interviews I could!!! I was hooked!!! I was sold!! ...... But Auburn was like nahhhhhhh screw you. You can't have any of that!!!! Sorry no time for happiness as a Auburn fan....

This^^^^^

14 minutes ago, dking said:

Kevin Steele's brother is the ad of facilities.

Bingo. Always ultieor motives at at in Auburn. Us hiring steele in 2016 is turning out to be one of the worst things to ever happen to AU.

Bill Clark is a good coach who will be an epic failure at AU. Not all from his own doing either. So I'm supposed to come into a new program and keep several, if not all, of the previous assistants? People who were in line for promotions (if the PTB plan went thought) who now are resentful of me even getting the job? That's what we are asking a new coach to do? I hope everyone turns down the job until things change.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Same. Last night I poured over relentlessly as much napier articles and video's of interviews I could!!! I was hooked!!! I was sold!! ...... But Auburn was like nahhhhhhh screw you. You can't have any of that!!!! Sorry no time for happiness as a Auburn fan....

It's probably sad or unreasonable how sad and depressed I feel right now. Same here man. Watched interviews all day today and looked at coordinators.

Neal Brown is (10-11) at WVU, decent record at Troy, not an alpha, not a recruiter, and again not a big enough name to refuse conceding control.

Bill Clark has 5 or more losses every year at UAB. If he can't dominate that conference what will he do here? Again, not near enough balls to be signed without giving up control.

Kevin Steele is (9-36) and a snake.

Technically he dropped out so we only have two options. Two sad options for a top 10 program all time.

I'm convinced that these "new members" who randomly post, like TigahScat above, are members of the BoT in disguise, and they are posting to put out feelers about these coaches they are considering. Prove me wrong. Lol.

I'd like to give a shoutout to my homie Gustav Malzahn that put up with this BS for 8 years.....

drop the beat....

I was hoping for Kiffin or Sark

but I'm bracing for Steele or Clark.

Getting ready to wander the desert y'all

Because Auburn is a mf'ing clusterfark

1 minute ago, TigahScat said:

What do y’all think of Mike Gundy?

A big name who's game isn't as big as his game. That's it. Portion of the fan base would be excited because they have heard of him before. But talk about terrible recruiting.... Sheesh.

Everyone wanting to understand why Napier or any other coach may take a look at Auburn's HC gig and basically say "Nope, not on your life", slow down and go back to this December 13th segment from Josh Pate at The Late Kick. It's 14 minutes long. Watch the whole thing. The next coach is gonna face the same s***. Malzahn gets a lot of blame on this board for things that he really had no control over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiSjrCtHROs

My opinion of the actions of the Auburn PTB have turned from ignorance, stupidity and incompetence to deliberate sabotage.  Nobody is this inept.  

I'm not a booster, and my boycotting or supporting Auburn football means nothing to anybody but me. That said, I've taken my family to every A-Day game I can in a show of support to the new HC, the old HC, the new OC, etc for many years. I've got no interest at this point to show that support this coming A-Day for HC Kevin Steele or Neal Brown or Bill Clark...

I'll probably still drive down for a game or two in the fall, though... probably... maybe.

Someone needs to get booted for this and I don’t care if money goes with it... winning football games pays for itself so hire the best damn coach you can and let him make you money. This is a load of horse s**t

Just now, AUDevil said:

Good Lord, JBoy.  Leave some for the rest of us.

He has been toeing the line before this episode but I think he's hit the limit like the rest of us. 

Just now, BigBlueWDE said:

I'd like to give a shoutout to my homie Gustav Mulzahn that put up with this BS for 8 years.....

drop the beat....

I was hoping for Kiffin or Sark

but I'm bracing for Steele or Clark.

Getting ready to wander the desert y'all

Because Auburn is a mf'ing clusterfark

Lol. Clusterfark. Love it. Nice to bring in the much needed levity in these end of days.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It's probably sad or unreasonable how sad and depressed I feel right now. Same here man. Watched interviews all day today and looked at coordinators.

Neal Brown is (10-11) at WVU, decent record at Troy, not an alpha, not a recruiter, and again not a big enough name to refuse conceding control.

Bill Clark has 5 or more losses every year at UAB. If he can't dominate that conference what will he do here? Again, not near enough balls to be signed without giving up control.

Technically he dropped out so we only have two options. Two sad options for a top 10 program all time.

Lol bruhhhhh we got turned down by a freaking sun belt coach man!!! Let that sink in....

4 minutes ago, TigahScat said:

What do y’all think of Mike Gundy?

He wouldn't be successful in the SEC and is too smart to want any part of The Auburn Clown College.  

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Oh my God delete this before someone fact checks you. 

And he is dominating the conference. 2 titles in 3 years and 3 straight championship game appearances. 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Bill Clark has at least 5 losses at UAB 3 of his 5 years, not every year. 

2 CUSA titles in 3 years after the literal death of the program. 

Archived