Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We've a coterie of idiots on this forum that for some reason have decided Bill Clark is the worst thing ever and a bunch of bandwagoning fools parroting it. 

Good Lord, people. 

He's a very good coach.  I just think he's more of the same.  He reeks of Tommy Tuberville 2.0 to me.  If he gets the job, I hope he proves me wrong.

I'm trying to keep in mind that Dan Mullen was Florida's 3rd choice and that's worked out well so far.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not even sure if this posted when board crashed earlier

What was point of Search Firm? They reach out to agents to gauge interest and put list together.  They present to school and go from there   

I can’t remember the original five on list anymore.  

Just now, Bro Johnny Mac said:
   7 minutes ago,  caleb1633 said: 

Hearing from some friends on the Bunker that Bill Clark will be the next HC. Press Conference at 4:30. Don't shoot the messenger if it's not true.

Edit: He apparently also agreed to keep  Steele and Garner. 

In another thread

Expand  

Literally feel  nauseous

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We've a coterie of idiots on this forum that for some reason have decided Bill Clark is the worst thing ever and a bunch of bandwagoning fools parroting it. 

Good Lord, people. 

There are lot of people, who’s opinion I value that have made comments that Clark is not the right fit for auburn. Also, After the comments that JGT made about Napier turning down the job Bc he wasn’t going to be given autonomy, that leads me to believe if Clark is hired he is going to be feeding into what the PTB wants instead of making his own mark on the program and that is just as bad as Steele being named HC IMO

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I agree with this. He feels like a big ten coach to me. A actual good coach but just isn't strong in recruiting.

He feels like Tommy Tuberville.  I know people love to think of Tubs fondly, but dude was pretty mediocre most of the time and got lucky Bama sucked for his tenure.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'm trying to keep in mind that Dan Mullen was Florida's 3rd choice and that's worked out well so far.

Dan Mullen was light years ahead of Clark in terms of resume. Light years.

Nobody wants to keep Steele either...he's been undermining Gus for 2 years

A few folks may want to keep Garner, but he's part of the club too

This is a VERY 2020 hire for AU Football Coach. Friggin' disgusting

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I don't want us to hire Clark, but do y'all remember when this board was once enamored with firing Gus and hiring him? 

No. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Dan Mullen was light years ahead of Clark in terms of resume. Light years.

Oh I'm not fighting you man.  Clark is nowhere on my wish list.

7 minutes ago, wde21 said:

I disagree- Chizik had at least been around big time programs! Welcome to the barfield  years- and we fired Gus for this? Utter lunacy 

Chizik was definitely around a lot of big programs, successful programs, then in his 2 HC'ing stints did the opposite of what championship programs do.  Which to me makes him worse than someone that hasn't been around said programs.

1 minute ago, WarTim said:

Gotta start a stop Clark ASAP. 

I don't know if we'll be able to generate that amount of support in time to stop it. I also am saddened that if it isn't him, it's freaking Steele. Holy God...

2 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Gotta start a stop Clark ASAP. 

No shut up. We won't get any coach worth a damn at this rate. 

5 minutes ago, Taco said:

He’s not. We’re just in denial.  

Clark is most definitely a better football coach.  No question about it.  He has worked his way to the top not promoted from HS by a powerful booster that thinks they know more about football than the HC.  

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Good Lord, people. 

Bad, bad take brother. Terrible take. 

There’s no positive to this. Don’t let the fact that Kevin Steele isn’t the head coach make you settle for Bill Clark!

The fact of the matter is whether you like Bill C or not, during a pandemic, this University paid a $21 million dollar buyout to a perfectly capable, but not great, head coach to just turn around and hire Bill ****i g Clark. Don’t let this be ok!! We deserve better than this and it can’t f**king stand!

Archived