Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Per Rivals Auburn already talking money/contract with Clark. We really are about to hire the frickin UAB football coach. SMH

We had too. We’ve already hired coaches from Samford and Iowa St. Needed to give the C-USA a spin. 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Trust me I know this is way more the BOT fault but does steele have no dignity?! Like bruhhhhh they passed you over for head coach your own boys after they helped you plan and orchestrate this for 2 years and you still want to stay on as DC?! Go away old man!!! All you did bring a puppet was help cost us a damn good young up and coming football coach. SMH.

What are the specifics of the state pension, and how close is Steele to cashing in? 

I imagine principle is bent slightly when you start talking retirement $ in the sunset of your career. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

You're shocked?  We hired the Samford coach once.

Shocked? Yes. Actually I am. Silly me!!! Insanity is what I have. I actually thought we would make the best possible hire. I fell for it again. Imy charlie brown. Lucy is Auburn..

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Trust me I know this is way more the BOT fault but does steele have no dignity?! Like bruhhhhh they passed you over for head coach your own boys after they helped you plan and orchestrate this for 2 years and you still want to stay on as DC?! Go away old man!!! All you did bring a puppet was help cost us a damn good young up and coming football coach. SMH.

And all that love the fan base brought is long gone! I’d be surprised if he don’t get booed at the home games. In any other profession he would be fired. 

I’m f*cking done, dudes. Loser a** football program. Of course they went down the street and hired bubba Bill. 

SEC West

Tier 1 - Saban

Tier 2 - O, Dabo

Tier 3 - Kiffen, Leach, Whitman

Tier 4 - Clark

Welcome to the down years of Auburn football. 

1 minute ago, BigBlueWDE said:

What are the specifics of the state pension, and how close is Steele to cashing in? 

I imagine principle is bent slightly when you start talking retirement $ in the sunset of your career. 

If he was fired he would be paid 5 million. Wouldn't he rather get the huge up front pay day?

I’ve got it.  Here’s the next Auburn coaching staff:

HC:   Jimmy Raine

OC:   Charles McCrary

DC:    Raymond Harbert

They all get lifetime appointments like the frickin US Supreme Court.  

We've a coterie of idiots on this forum that for some reason have decided Bill Clark is the worst thing ever and a bunch of bandwagoning fools parroting it. 

Good Lord, people. 

3 minutes ago, wde21 said:

If we hire Bill Clark this will be the worst coaching hire in my lifetime!! So stupid!

Nah Chizik was worse.  Clark is a real good coach, just not what Auburn needs.  He doesn't have the clout to demand autonomy nor the name recognition to be an elite recruiter.  Good coach nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, orangemaskman said:

Richt and Spurrier have both recently expressed interest in returning to the SEC.  Just saying.

Hard pass on either one

Can someone honestly tell me why Clark will be an improvement over Gus? I don't see it.

7 minutes ago,  caleb1633 said: 

Hearing from some friends on the Bunker that Bill Clark will be the next HC. Press Conference at 4:30. Don't shoot the messenger if it's not true.

Edit: He apparently also agreed to keep  Steele and Garner. 

In another thread

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We've a coterie of idiots on this forum that for some reason have decided Bill Clark is the worst thing ever and a bunch of bandwagoning fools parroting it. 

Good Lord, people. 

If you think Bill Clark deserves to be HC of Auburn, you're ******* stupid. 

1 minute ago, USATiger said:

Nah Chizik was worse.  Clark is a real good coach, just not what Auburn needs.  He doesn't have the clout to demand autonomy nor the name recognition to be an elite recruiter.  Good coach nonetheless.

I agree with this. He feels like a big ten coach to me. A actual good coach but just isn't strong in recruiting.

6 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

JBoy's a bloody idiot that preys on self styled "hipsters" and the wannabe cool. 

So can we get you on record saying JBoy, Hokanson, Rob Shuler, Willie Anderson, etc, etc, don't know what they are talking about, when they say that Auburn has a couple of idiot boosters that are preventing Auburn from getting an A+ head coach?

1 minute ago, USATiger said:

I disagree- Chizik had at least been around big time programs! Welcome to the barfield  years- and we fired Gus for this? Utter lunacy 

1 minute ago, wulfgar said:

Can someone honestly tell me why Clark will be an improvement over Gus? I don't see it.

He’s not. We’re just in denial.  

Archived