Hang tight guys ...

RunInRed

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Nope.  Just because you donate a lot of money doesn't make you a "good Auburn man".  Honestly, I'm freaking tired of the "good Auburn men" trope.  I just want good people running the shop.  And if they were good, then they'd let the AD do his damn job.

There's enough professional people putting their name and reputation on the line out there to understand that this is legit.  And I've been around long enough to have seen this before.  We damn near lost our accreditation while I was in school because of these "good Auburn men" you are here defending.

I didn't say donating money made anyone a good Auburn person.  Look at the names on the BOT.  Look at the names on the committee.  These people are there because they deserve so.  It is easy to be critical because all you have to do is raise a finger and point.  Stand in a trench with your name on the line is different.  This fuss is all over a football coach?

14 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

These names have been linked to bs for a decade, at least. I don’t need “first hand sources” to tell me what’s going on. If you think guys like rane and harbert are “good auburn men” just Bc of the “money” they’ve put into the university, then I really don’t know what to tell you.

New guy has a point.    There are some credible posters and sources on the board,  But we are talking about men's lives and reputations here ,  and some posters are playing with it like  they are video game characters ---with very little proof.   

VERY GOOD sources have been wrong, lied to, deceived,   misunderstood or only got part of the story before.  There is no need to bash a man based on so little evidence.  They are not evil.    

Get rid of them? YES!   but just show 'em the door and move on. 

4 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

I didn't say donating money made anyone a good Auburn person.  Look at the names on the BOT.  Look at the names on the committee.  These people are there because they deserve so.  It is easy to be critical because all you have to do is raise a finger and point.  Stand in a trench with your name on the line is different.  This fuss is all over a football coach?

There shouldn’t be a committee. The AD should be calling the shots.

Just now, Quietmaninthecorner said:

New guy has a point.    There are some credible posters and sources on the board,  But we are talking about men's lives and reputations here ,  and some posters are playing with it like  they are video game characters with very little proof.   VERY GOOD sources have been wrong, lied to, deceived,   misunderstood or only got part of the story before.  There is no need to bash a man based on so little evidence.  They are not evil.    

Get rid of them? YES!   but just show 'em the door and move on. 

Based on things said about guys like lowder, rane, harbert, etc, for over a decade, I really don’t care. They have caused auburn athletics more harm than good over the past decade and enough legit people have come out over the years and said so. I have little sympathy for people as wealthy as they are trying to throw their weight around and failing miserably at it, ultimately punishing the kids that decide to come here

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Based on things said about guys like lowder, rane, harbert, etc, for over a decade, I really don’t care. They have caused auburn athletics more harm than good over the past decade and enough legit people have come out over the years and said so. I have little sympathy for people as wealthy as they are trying to throw their weight around and failing miserably at it, ultimately punishing the kids that decide to come here

Here here.  Nobody's accusing them of murder or anything.  Rane's reputation will ultimately be as a businessman who made a ton of money, not that he meddled in some football affairs.  Well said Mav. 

2 minutes ago, Ausburn2 said:

1) That "committee" barely watches college football.  Bo Jackson himself has said he doesn't watch games anymore.  Don't believe me?  Watch his 30 For 30 special. So what makes any of them qualified to choose a new coach again?

Can Michelle McKenna-Doyle break down and articulate why one coach's strategies are stronger than another?

Want me get behind that committee?  Have them answer a basic question without looking it up.  Who was the starting QB today for Iowa State in the Big 12 title game?  If you can't answer something that basic, then you aren't educated enough to tell me about what's actually happening at programs around the country and why we should hire one person over another.

2) What has Jimmy Rane, as an example, done to "deserve" to be on the BOT?  It's an appointed position largely bought through political influence.

3) Yes, this fuss is over a football coach.  Apparently you don't understand the massive economic implications a successful football program has on not only the university, but also businesses in the city of Auburn.  It's a big freakin' deal.  When we're good and competing for championships, donations to the university rise across the board.  More people also come to campus on game weekends even if it's just to hang out, meaning more cash into the local restaurants, bars, etc.  Think sales of game score shirts won't suffer at Tiger Rags if we suck?  Of course they will.

It's a monster domino effect that is legitimately much more than just "what is Auburn paying him"?  This decision effects literally tens of thousands of people at the school and in the local community in a very real way.

I understand.    There is just a lot of hate being thrown around like beads at Mardi Gras.    Auburn is better than that.

6 minutes ago, aubie57 said:

There shouldn’t be a committee. The AD should be calling the shots.

THIS RIGHT HERE!  Let the man do his damn job.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

THIS RIGHT HERE!  Let the man do his damn job.

Just don’t see AG ever being able to do that unless he was somehow able to recover from the whole usc thing. But I 100% agree. Think we’ll have to get a new AD unless drastic things happen.

3 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Guys, we are going up against a very large machine and a lot of powerful people — we have to do this in a methodical way, if you will just hang tight for a few hours and let this play out the light will come to day.

Any update??

Just don’t see AG ever being able to do that unless he was somehow able to recover from the whole usc thing. But I 100% agree. Think we’ll have to get a new AD unless drastic things happen.

Honestly, he needs to take a stand.  Hire who he wants and pay it out the AD's budget.

23 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

What coach in his right mind would walk into this dumpster fire? Burn the damn place down and start over. 

Only way I come in is if I get absolute full control. And the minute a booster steps in my office talking I can slap the you know what out of them. That last part has to be in the contract.

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Rane wants to get rid of him and replace with Tim Jackson....try swallowing that

I get all the anger/rah rah let’s drain the swamp attitude, we’re all desperate for change. but...

I’m not sure most here are ready to accept the consequences of what they are asking for. All of college athletics is built on funding from boosters and a recruiting network that boosters essentially are responsible for. Auburn, like every other major D1 program, plays the same game. Ousting our biggest financial contributors will not be an overnight fix to the program. Quite the opposite in fact. It’s a long term solution with no guarantee we ever return/reach the level of prominence we all aspire for. 

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

There's going to be an opening now. Biden picked Lloyd Austin to lead the Pentagon.

Austin has not been retired from the Army  for 8 years yet. Congress will have to approve a waiver first . 

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Rane wants to get rid of him and replace with Tim Jackson....try swallowing that

TJ has been angling for AD for years. 🙄

Archived