Hang tight guys ...

RunInRed

1 hour ago, Ausburn2 said:

Neither come with listing sources. 

Because anyone with a shred of cognitive ability knows you don’t out your sources or you no longer have sources. Just be honest and say you’re a fan boy/lackey  of Rane/Lowder/Harbert/T.Jackson and the rest of the dirty underbelly of AUburn Football. I’m so glad AUburn has left Pearl and Thompson alone to run their respective programs as they see fit. If they’d hire a competent football coach and give him the same freedom of reign, the football program would be a beast. Alas, you have ego maniacs and their fanboys, such as yourself and Phillip Marshall, that are okay with the status quo.  I was friends with a man who was a high level appointed political officer holder’s grandson while I was in the AUMB. It was during the upheaval of the Bowden-Lowder saga. He filled us in on everything Lowder did/was doing but gave the same caveat as you, “He’s a good Auburn man” and “Just wants what’s best for Auburn “. Oh please 

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this day and time, why would any school have a verbal agreement with a coach their really after? That makes absolutely ZERO scenes. And yet, that is what happens with Auburn and Mario Cristabol. Auburn had a freakin "verbal agreement" with coach Cristabol and that's why we lost out on him.

59 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Maybe it didn’t come across the right way and you missed the point.   Didn’t say anything thing about getting Saban, I meant someone that takes the Saban approach, Kirby is the same way.   

It’s not rocket science.  You scout and recognize talent.  Try and recruit that talent to come to your school.    Coach that person/persons to play at their best.   Put them in the best position to succeed.   

The players that one should be recruiting aren’t the ones that care about all the bulls**t.  Those are the ones that are going to walk out on the team for this or that anyway.    

Well if it's not rocket science why say one of the greatest and smartest men to ever play the game is just a publicity stunt and there is no way he'd succeed? Old white men aren't the gate keepers to everything football. You just need somebody with energy that people can believe in......recruiting doesn't take all those relationships and all that crap.....and that was my point, you just need opportunity and the kids to believe you can get them to the NFL. That's it

15 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Then he lacked the balls, because he should have forced their hand. WTH were they going to to do, fire him when his buyout was 30+ million?

Exactly.  He accepted an untenable position.

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well if it's not rocket science why say one of the greatest and smartest men to ever play the game is just a publicity stunt and there is no way he'd succeed? Old white men aren't the gate keepers to everything football. You just need somebody with energy that people can believe in......recruiting doesn't take all those relationships and all that crap.....and that was my point, you just need opportunity and the kids to believe you can get them to the NFL. That's it

Penny Hardaway didn’t have anything but high school coaching before Memphis right? He has that “it” factor that gets the kids to come and play for him

13 hours ago, Ausburn2 said:

Both sides want what is best for Auburn.  Both sides want Auburn to get better.  Any big donation gets access.  To characterise one side as getting to call the shots means one side has to have a majority. But they don't care less.

Sounds like you are equating "access" with control.

2 hours ago, woodford said:

Deion Sanders? Lol that’s a giant publicity stunt. There’s zero evidence to believe that Jackson State is going to dominate the SWAC. 

This is why i want Kiffen.  I think he is a very good coach who is still growing, has a fun offense, and also part publicity stunt.    It would instantly  bring the excitement back on offense.  Lock him down with buyouts,  Low sell outs if we fire him. offer huge incentives for winning.   With a good DC, Auburn would be electric.  When Auburn fans are excited  and united just about any coach can win. (Bowden Chizik, early Malzahn).    I think Kiffen is already way  above those and still growing.

12 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

For the lazy. 

OMG, saw the photo and realized Charles McCrary is a "home boy" of mine!  Grew up just down the road and attended the same schools.

I was wondering if that's who people were talking about when I read "McCreary".  (I was also in the same fraternity - at least for a while - with Bobby Lowder.)

So, does that make me famous or infamous?  ;D

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

OMG, saw the photo and realized Charles McCrary is a "home boy" of mine!  Grew up just down the road and attended the same schools.

I was wondering if that's who people were talking about when I read "McCreary".  (I was also in the same fraternity - at least for a while - with Bobby Lowder.)

So, does that make me famous or infamous?  ;D

It makes you an insider! Now make some phone calls brother.

25 minutes ago, toddc said:

It makes you an insider! Now make some phone calls brother.

Better yet.  Round up those boys for a week long bender and take away their cell phones.  

1 hour ago, wcware said:

Penny Hardaway didn’t have anything but high school coaching before Memphis right? He has that “it” factor that gets the kids to come and play for him

It's just hilarious the preconceived notions that certain guys can't possibly coach and the green light given to the guys that supposedly can......from random people who don't hardly know anything.....I mean right now the guys that are being the most "intellectual" about this hire are the same guys that say some of the dumbest things when you talk football......crazy man

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

In this day and time, why would any school have a verbal agreement with a coach their really after? That makes absolutely ZERO scenes. And yet, that is what happens with Auburn and Mario Cristabol. Auburn had a freakin "verbal agreement" with coach Cristabol and that's why we lost out on him.

No, we lost out on him because he played us to get a contract extension from Oregon.

17 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Is that Jon’s brother? 👀

Not sure if this is a joke, but Jon’s brothers name is actually Jay. 

25 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

No, we lost out on him because he played us to get a contract extension from Oregon.

No, we lost out on him because we f****d up the process 

22 hours ago, dilligas said:

Gus is irrelevant.  A coach undermining his head coach is relevant and to me it is unacceptable even if said Head Coach deserves to be fired.

Gus did some really poor coaching and even worse public relations. However, this backstabbing BS is totally unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

It's just hilarious the preconceived notions that certain guys can't possibly coach and the green light given to the guys that supposedly can......from random people who don't hardly know anything.....I mean right now the guys that are being the most "intellectual" about this hire are the same guys that say some of the dumbest things when you talk football......crazy man

People act like they don’t want to hire someone unless they know it’s a “sure thing”. Hiring a new coach is a lot like buying a new car. The only “sure thing” is that eventually it’s going to breakdown.

1 hour ago, TXaubie said:

Not sure if this is a joke, but Jon’s brothers name is actually Jay. 

Yes, later on in the thread he said he meant Jon, but autocorrected to Jay. One of the running Tennessee jokes when they’re looking for a coach is that Jon is interested.

6 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

This is why i want Kiffen.  I think he is a very good coach who is still growing, has a fun offense, and also part publicity stunt.    It would instantly  bring the excitement back on offense.  Lock him down with buyouts,  Low sell outs if we fire him. offer huge incentives for winning.   With a good DC, Auburn would be electric.  When Auburn fans are excited  and united just about any coach can win. (Bowden Chizik, early Malzahn).    I think Kiffen is already way  above those and still growing.

I’m with you.  Kiffen would bring an exciting offense and clearly has the ability to get under Saban’s skin.  It pretty obvious we are headed for a sh** show anyway so I say let’s go all the way with it!  My ultimate coaching staff would be Kiffen as HC and OC and Muschamp as DC. Keep Caddy off the offense to coach the RB’s and Twill to coach LB’s and Rodney to coach the D line on the defense.  Bring TRob back to coach the DB’s.  Bicknell might even be a keeper as the O line coach.  Now we cooking!  Recruits would be beating the door down and Auburn would be the most exciting team in the country!  

29 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Drop The Mic GIF by memecandy

Wouldn’t surprise me if Steele turns out to be the most qualified candidate we could pull after this circle jerk.  We’re gonna need a while to recover from it.  

Two things I'd love to know eventually:

1) How much influence did the #stopsteele movement have on decision makers?

2) How much did RIR's post change the game?

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Probably never know, but WE know! 😝 

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Good questions Brad and you probably know the answer more so than most.

To #1 want say yes. Of course if what we read and hear is true you are dealing with the epitome of arrogance.

Have had my favorite all along. Ready to give a younger rising coach  a shot.

19 hours ago, fredst said:

No, we lost out on him because we f****d up the process 

I wonder if we are doing the same type of process with saying Napier has been offered?  Fool me once, shame of you; fool be twice shame on me.

Archived