Do we have the personnel?

tigerman1186

Since 2 of the coaches to be interviewed are the OC from Clemson and Alabama...watching them today, do we have the personal to run their offenses???? Watching Clemson, Trevor L. is a major source for them, he runs the ball very well...could Bo do the same???? Watching Bama, a lot of crossing routes, passes to backs out of the backfield and also to the TE's...do we have receivers, running backs and TE's to be able to run this offense???? I know the most important requirement is the OL, which needs to be addressed....but watching them tonight I could see our backs and receivers doing what Clemson and Bama are doing...and with proper coaching I think Bo could do it too....Just curious what others think???

Well of course we don’t have everything that’s needed to be on that level yet. It’s kind of understood that a new coach would not only bring new energy and a new plan, but he will also upgrade our personnel to fit his scheme. 

7 minutes ago, Shift said:

What you are seeing tonight is a scheme. A scheme that is vastly different than what we run/ran. 

No doubt, but with better personnel.

7 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Our personal personnel are very personable. 

Well played! ;)

No we don't have the personnel and if we did, our O would also have been successful. 

If you read any of the coach pink analysis. When I read the one after AL, everyone was complaining about play selection, etc. etc. But if you read closely you saw comments like.. They are stacking the box daring Nix to throw over them, and why not, every time he's tried he's either sacked or running for his life. 

So basically we don't have blockers good enough to run the ball, and we don't have blockers good enough to pass the ball. We just don't have blockers that are good enough!

I was always struck by Gus's recruiting. Some times we would have highly ranked recruiting classes, but two things would happen. First, we would do things like recruit 3 great tight ends!! But we use the tight end in Gus's offense about 1 or 2 times per game! So our recruiting wasn't directed to obtain players that fit our needs. Second, of the recruits in the class, about half of them never made it to even their soph season. Transfers, kicked off team, no development or something. So the recruiting classes looked good on paper, but they just weren't effective.

To me recruiting is the number one priority in College FB. No scheme can be good if your personnel gets blown up every play, bama could run any offense, with any reasonable QB and be successful. If they were a complete running team with Harris and that line, they would be successful. If they threw it every down, aka Leach style, they would be successful. It's all about the personnel.

gabo

The real question is do we have a Dodge Dealership willing to donate enough Hellcats to bring in the  personnel  to run this offense.

• WarTiger changed the title to Do we have the personnel?

Archived