2021 Northwestern DE Eku Leota Signs With AU!

Maverick.AU

2 hours ago, Tiger4life25 said:

Do we still do the “BOOM” thing, just asking for a friend 😉

tumblr_inline_mqf6l6tQZo1qz4rgp.gif

• Like 2
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Tiger4life25 said:

tumblr_p7zpdlZqQY1xr7k50o1_500.gifv

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tiger4life25 said:

Harsin posted this when he went public on IG. He may do something like this, probably trying stuff until something sticks.

Jay Tate mentioned he was grading out about the same as Derrick Hall through most the season.  Dropped off toward the end of the year but he may have already been looking elsewhere at that point.

What about boom boom booming boom boom 💥?

Transfers can be fine, we've had some good luck with transfers in the past. But... the coaches need to do a thorough job of vetting on transfers. What went sour at their previous school? There was normally something. I can see players from the smaller schools and conferences wanting to move up to the SEC to show their stuff. Leaving the Big Ten for more exposure doesn't make any sense. A B1G player is already being seen and is already facing solid competition.

• Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, Tiger4life25 said:

I kinda like the 'BOOM' thing, It's generic and when i see it I know exactly what it means and it peaks my interest to reading for more info.

Unless Harsin or someone comes up with something better....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Leaving the Big Ten for more exposure doesn't make any sense. A B1G player is already being seen and is already facing solid competition.

Solid competition is not SEC competition though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Transfers can be fine, we've had some good luck with transfers in the past. But... the coaches need to do a thorough job of vetting on transfers. What went sour at their previous school? There was normally something. I can see players from the smaller schools and conferences wanting to move up to the SEC to show their stuff. Leaving the Big Ten for more exposure doesn't make any sense. A B1G player is already being seen and is already facing solid competition.

Dang Mike. Is there any cereal of Auburn's you won't try to piss in?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume there is some crazy girl (or guy) stalking him, he hates cold weather, Chicago’s gun crime is too much,  or he doesn’t care for Midwesterners...all valid personal reasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume there is some crazy girl (or guy) stalking him, he hates cold weather, Chicago’s gun crime is too much,  or he doesn’t care for Midwesterners...all valid personal reasons.

Or as great as Northwestern is they may not have a Master's or Doctoral program in whatever he wants to get his advanced degree in.

21 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

He’s from NC. Closer to home, SEC competition, he’s already graduated— why not a new experience?

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Or as great as Northwestern is they may not have a Master's or Doctoral program in whatever he wants to get his advanced degree in.

Even better

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He’s from NC. Closer to home, SEC competition, he’s already graduated— why not a new experience?

Even better x2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Solid competition is not SEC competition though.

SEC competition is overrated now. It aint that tough. There’s more mediocre/average teams than good teams now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, alexava said:

Why did he leave NW?

These would be my reasons......

1) SEC is better

2) Bigger stadium(s)? NW Ryan Field 47,130 versus Jordan Hare 87,451

I know some people who moved from the midwest to the south. They gave 3 reasons, climate, climate, and real estate. 

They like warmer winters vs colder and got tired of the jet stream effect causing extreme swings in temperature and climate. Warm one day. Cold, frigid, snowy, AND icy the next.

Edited by slyinsocal