2022 4* QB Holden Geriner Commits to AU!

ellitor

4 minutes ago, Paladin said:

I'll leave it to someone else to decide if they stuck the landing but my goodness the ways in which our folks are showing that they have read the room and know which way the wind is blowing. #mixedmetaphorsfriday

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was able to watch a little bit of Geriners game tonight because I saw it was live-streamed on YouTube. Don't want to get ahead of myself, but my goodness, there's a lot to like. He may not be a year 1 starter, but he seems accurate and has a lot of zip on his ball. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, au302 said:

Was able to watch a little bit of Geriners game tonight because I saw it was live-streamed on YouTube. Don't want to get ahead of myself, but my goodness, there's a lot to like. He may not be a year 1 starter, but he seems accurate and has a lot of zip on his ball. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Paladin said:

Could we disguise him as Bo and play him Saturday? I would say TJ but there’s lots of problems with that. Hope he comes in and wins for AU in a few years.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Could we disguise him as Bo and play him Saturday? I would say TJ but there’s lots of problems with that. Hope he comes in and wins for AU in a few years.

Just not tall enough to pass for TH, huh?

Morevrecognition for the outstanding game Holden had last Friday night. Congratulations and War Eagle, Holden!

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Big honor for QB commit Holden Geriner

by Keith Niebuhr

3 hours ago

Holden Geriner, Auburn's 4-star quarterback commit from Savannah (Ga.) Benedictine Military School, had a stellar game last Friday night. Now, he has been rewarded for the effort.

The Atlanta Touchdown Club has named him the Week 6 Player of the Week.

In a 49-42 win over Ware County (Ga.), Geriner was 29-of-40 passing (72.5%) for 426 yards and three touchdowns. He added three rushing scores. He’s now 96 of 150 for 1,134 yards with 10 touchdowns and two inteceptions through five games.

Here are some other notes about his season.

-In Week 1, Geriner faced a Miami (Fla.) Columbus squad that plays in Florida's largest classification and is more than three times the size of Benedictine.

-Two weeks ago, Geriner completed just 4 of 11 passes for 83 yards in a driving rain. The good news: Two of his completions went for touchdowns.

-Geriner went three straight games without an interception.

-He's averaging 12.4 yards per completion and 7.87 yards per attempt.

-He has at least one touchdown pass in every game this season.

-Per Maxpreps, his QB rating this season is 104.1, which is up from 97.5 last week. His 121.9 rating last Friday night is his best this season.

-He's now averaging 242.4 yards passing per game. Last year, he averaged 230 a game.

-Geriner now has passed for 5,395 yards with 49 touchdown throws in his prep career. He is a three-year starter, but also passed for 8 yards as a freshman in a very limited varsity role. Geriner was good on 179 of 264 attempts for 2,770 yards, 25 touchdowns and 3 interceptions as a junior. He completed 67.8 percent of his passes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Just not tall enough to pass for TH, huh?

Yeah that’s it. 😝 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Barely beat you, but purely by accident.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, toddc said:

Dude is completing 75% of his passes over his last 88 attempts with 8 tuddies. That's filthy stuff and maybe puts some other things we talk about into context. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Dude is completing 75% of his passes over his last 88 attempts with 8 tuddies. That's filthy stuff and maybe puts some other things we talk about into context. 

Sick

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed

He’s got a quick release. It’s fast enough I thought he was short arming it, but when I looked closer that wasn’t the case. That will help in the SEC

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

He’s got a quick release. It’s fast enough I thought he was short arming it, but when I looked closer that wasn’t the case. That will help in the SEC

Phillip Rivers

• Like 3
  • Love 1