2022 4* QB Holden Geriner Commits to AU!

ellitor

59 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I love the anticipation in which he delivers the ball.

Oh, is that what you call that...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Man he looks sharp in that video. Ball comes out crisp and quickly. Looks physically ready for sec right now. He’ll make an interesting option at QB versus Davis when their time comes. 

Best 3* QB  this century.

his rating is just a bit outside. 

Edited by Beaker
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Na. That would be @GwillMac6's boy...

Meh....have you seen A-aron's  junior highlights from HS?   I don't think so! go back and look.   

A-aron  improved his game in March of of junior year at Cal.  After what they used to call the 'Claw and Tooth Game ' (like our A Day), he got focused and made his biggest stride.   He was nothing until May of his junior year at Cal.  247 went back and adjusted that Pro QB rating after he won his Super Bowl I believe. 

Word has it the Packers GM has reached out to Bobo for a quick report on Geriner.   Maybe they are thinking Geriner will replace A-aron. 

(it is possible I made some of those facts up).   

Who would've thought you could dig up Aaron Rodgers for that nugget of gold?  Great job E.  

Edited by Beaker
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Auburn QB commit Holden Geriner gets his 4th star

12 minutes ago

Three weeks after committing to Auburn, quarterback commit Holden Geriner has gotten his fourth star from 247Sports.

Geriner, a standout at Savannah (Ga.) Benedictine Military School, saw his player rating bumped from an 86 to a 91 on Wednesday during 247Sports' latest ratings update. That makes him the No. 191 overall recruit nationally for 247Sports. You can watch clips of Geriner in action from a recent 7-on-7 event up above.

This ratings bump is the result of his strong play in 2020.

Geriner, who is 6-feet-3, 215 pounds, is coming off a season in which he completed 68 percent of his passes for 2,770 yards, 25 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. He had four 300-yard games and threw picks in only two of 11 outings.

Geriner was a Class 4A All-State selection.

It has been three weeks since quarterback Geriner committed to Auburn, and with every passing day he feels a little bit stronger about his decision.

“I feel great about it,” Geriner said. “It’s a relief to have it done. I've just been getting to know the coaches more and more. I’m super happy with my decision. I’ve been talking to the coaches pretty often.”

Now, Geriner is transitioning into a new role. He has gone from being recruited to being a recruiter for the Tigers.

“I’ve got a whole list of people (to recruit),” Geriner said. “All kinds of positions. I’m working on (receivers) Kojo Antwi, Antonio Williams, Barion Brown, Jay Fair and some others. I’m just kind of reaching out when I can, just on Twitter right now. Just building a relationship. Just getting to know them better and better. Hopefully they make the right decision and come to Auburn.”

Wrote Steve Wiltfong of 247Sports:

The Auburn commit threw for nearly double the yards (2,770 compared to 1,405) on only 30 more pass attempts (264 compared to 234), making good on 70 more completions (109 to 179). The touchdowns went up from from 14 to 25 and maybe most importantly the interceptions dropped from 12 to 3.

“I just matured,” Geriner said over the weekend at the NFA 7-on-7 East Regional. “I made a lot better decisions throwing the ball, tried limiting my interceptions, that helped a lot. I felt a lot more confident.”

That confidence carried over to the setting in Myrtle Beach where the 6-foot-3, 210-pound Geriner used his strong arm to rifle completions into small windows, part of a steady performance from the Peach State passer.

• Like 1

@ellitor I love it that this kid got a fourth star. Time to update the OP when you can.

43 minutes ago, toddc said:

@ellitor I love it that this kid got a fourth star. Time to update the OP when you can.

I don't think A-aron Rodgers ever got his composite  4th star.    FWIW....just sayin'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I don't think A-aron Rodgers ever got his composite  4th star.    FWIW....just sayin'

And this kid will be a composite 4* before his senior season begins I believe. His showing this week at the competition he’s in will help immensely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

@toddcCan't yet. He got his 4th star from 247. He's still a 3 star, albeit by the slightest of margins, on the composite. Composite rankings are what we put in the thread titles.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I don't think he's a composite 4* yet. Rivals dragging their feet per usual. 

@McLoofuscrazy thing there is Rivals originally had him as a 4* then dropped him to a 3* after his 27 TD, 3 INT Junior Season.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@McLoofuscrazy thing there is Rivals originally had him as a 4* then dropped him to a 3* after his 27 TD, 3 INT Junior Season.

My 6 year old nephew has more credibility than Rivals and ESPN.

I showed him has tape and said "if you had to rate him 1 to 5 ...5 being the best what would you rate him?" ..."He said probably a 4.5" There you have it. Arjay says 4.5. I'm sticking with him.

Edited by Tigerpro2a
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

Very nice. Let’s see if this bumps us up at all in the rankings. 

@woodford it has already affected his composite ranking. Before the 247 bump he was in the 86 range on the composite. Now he’s just below 89.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

yeah 27 and 3   and he drops!   funny thing is how much of an improvement this was over the year prior, when he was rated higher.

The stars are good for one thing:  attracting other kids like bugs to a light at night.  

• Like 2