2022 4* QB Holden Geriner Commits to AU!

ellitor

The more I see of Geriner, the more he looks like he could play as a true freshman. Great pocket presence and touch, and excellent poise. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

When he throws he just seems to flick his wrist effortlessly. Throws a pretty pass too.

Santa, please bring us some O- linemen to go with our shiney new quarterback. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

The more I see of Geriner, the more he looks like he could play as a true freshman. Great pocket presence and touch, and excellent poise. 

A lot of folks thought that about D. Davis too, especially after spring ball and he ended up not even seeing a second of playing time. So we’ll just have to wait and see with Geriner

8 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

A lot of folks thought that about D. Davis too, especially after spring ball and he ended up not even seeing a second of playing time. So we’ll just have to wait and see with Geriner

Maybe so. But he is Harsin’s recruit w all the skills Harsin is looking for in a QB for his offense. 

while DD decided to stay w Auburn even after Gus left, he was not Harsin’s recruit and possibly doesn’t fit for Harsin. 

10 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Yes...at this point he only has potential, but I like his and our chances! 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Completely different scenario. One is a Gus recruit for his system. The other is Harsin's recruit, and if you look at Harsin's history of QB preferences, fits that mold with his arm strength, pocket presence, and style. I'm sure Geriner will need time as well, but DD walked into a bad situation since he is literally the opposite of what Harsin wants

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Maybe so. But he is Harsin’s recruit w all the skills Harsin is looking for in a QB for his offense. 

while DD decided to stay w Auburn even after Gus left, he was not Harsin’s recruit and possibly doesn’t fit for Harsin. 

2 hours ago, au302 said:

Completely different scenario. One is a Gus recruit for his system. The other is Harsin's recruit, and if you look at Harsin's history of QB preferences, fits that mold with his arm strength, pocket presence, and style. I'm sure Geriner will need time as well, but DD walked into a bad situation since he is literally the opposite of what Harsin wants

Finley wasn’t a Harsin recruit. Neither was Grant Loy and they were 1 and 2 on the depth chart when Bo got hurt

• Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Finley wasn’t a Harsin recruit. Neither was Grant Loy and they were 1 and 2 on the depth chart when Bo got hurt

What were the other options?

15 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Finley signed with Auburn after Harsin was hired.  And Harsin did meet with him so he really is a Harsin recruit even though not recruited while in high school.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 8:16 PM, steeleagle said:

Sorry but I must disagree. QBs with pocket presence, great arm talent, and the ability to read a defense is great for any system. Dual threat QBs add another dimension when things break down. Also great for any system. Matt Corral is a good example. While being dual threat, he is simply a good QB that has the ability to run and shift a pocket. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

Dang. That 80 yard td pass goes about 40 yards in the air. Without stepping into the throw!

He has a very quick and unusual release. Most guys need to step into their throws to get that kind of air. Not him

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He really might be. Just have to see. 

Well, with a lot of hard work it seems possible. Other schools have started a Freshman. Just depends on the Freshman, the Coaches and timing, I suppose. We will never know until it happens.