2022 4* QB Holden Geriner Commits to AU!

ellitor

This kid might be a recruit home run for CBH and company 

• Like 6

Please update title to 4* as he is a composite 4* and has been for a while.

• augolf1716 changed the title to 2022 4* QB Holden Geriner Commits to AU!
1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Please update title to 4* as he is a composite 4* and has been for a while.

Done

• Thanks 1

This kid is really taking off and he’s definitely becoming the face and leader of the 2022 class of recruits.

Related to Jboy’s post! I don’t know but it’s awe fully interesting and coincidental.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I'm super high on this kid. 

Comes from a really great family as well.  They could not be happier he is going to Auburn.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, 1716AU said:

What?!?!?!?!  But...but...recruiting sucks right now, right?

😁

Perspective is a fickle bitch

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, toddc said:

I'm not a qb coach, but does it seems like he's still holding the ball really low?  

22 hours ago, 1716AU said:

😁

It really does. While Geriner is a good QB prospect, we have only three prospects committed and all are 3* guys. We're dead last in the SEC.  It can change, but you said "right now" and where we are right now sucks. https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2022/sec/football

Edited by Mikey
  • Dislike 1

51 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It really does. While Geriner is a good QB prospect, we have only three prospects committed and all are 3* guys. We're dead last in the SEC.  It can change, but you said "right now" and where we are right now sucks. https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2022/sec/football

Geriner has been moving up the rankings. He's a 4* on 247Composite, so that means he's likely only a 3* according to rivals...something I expect to change. I'd be surprised if Stinson doesn't end up a 4*, as well.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Season/2022-Football/Commits/

Also, recruiting is not the same thing as players we have publicly committed. Recruiting is the relationships we're developing with recruits, and that's going pretty well from all those who tend to have an idea what's going on.

On 6/30/2021 at 5:37 PM, toddc said:

This kid is really taking off and he’s definitely becoming the face and leader of the 2022 class of recruits.

Related to Jboy’s post! I don’t know but it’s awe fully interesting and coincidental.

I know our TE room is full, but the Iowa schools have the same numbers we do at TE.  

I want this guy for multiple reasons:

- a top TE in the 2022 class

- national recruit- not just a local prospect, which will help sell Auburn nationally

- Iowa always seems to have a great TE...hence I want this commit.

- a player to go with Geriner / Momentum

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

I really didn't know signing day had come and gone!

Thank you for setting me straight.

Edited by 1716AU

On 6/30/2021 at 5:37 PM, toddc said:

Looking like Bo all over again

18 hours ago, 1716AU said:

I really didn't know signing day had come and gone!

Thank you for setting me straight.

You are the one who wrote "right now". See below:

On 7/2/2021 at 10:33 AM, 1716AU said:

😁

It sucks right now. Last in the SEC is last. Will it improve? Almost certainly. But right now, it sucks.

22 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Geriner has been moving up the rankings. He's a 4* on 247Composite, so that means he's likely only a 3* according to rivals...something I expect to change. I'd be surprised if Stinson doesn't end up a 4*, as well.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Season/2022-Football/Commits/

Also, recruiting is not the same thing as players we have publicly committed. Recruiting is the relationships we're developing with recruits, and that's going pretty well from all those who tend to have an idea what's going on.

Yet, the only (sort of) tangible thing we fans have to go by is public commitments. In that area, we are dead last. Should all three of our guys get bumped to 4* status, we'll have caught up with Ole Miss in that category. Big whoop.

I'm not doom and glooming. I expect this staff to get a handle and bring us up. However, a snapshot of our status taken today is not a pretty picture.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yet, the only (sort of) tangible thing we fans have to go by is public commitments. In that area, we are dead last. Should all three of our guys get bumped to 4* status, we'll have caught up with Ole Miss in that category. Big whoop.

I'm not doom and glooming. I expect this staff to get a handle and bring us up. However, a snapshot of our status taken today is not a pretty picture.

Anyone who thought 6 months ago that we'd be any better off is a fool. It takes time to develop relationships, and it's not nearly as easy to do in the climate of this year, especially for a new coaching staff.

And yes, you are doom and glooming. You started a thread specifically to make the point that if we don't finish at least 4th in recruiting with at least 3 five star recruits, then Harsin just doesn't measure up to the worst head coach to win a national championship in the history of college football. You're doing everything you can to instill the idea that the best we can hope for is 50/50 that Harsin will be any better than Malzahn.

Look, I get it, you don't want to get all excited about positivity in the program without tangible evidence that we're going to be a year in, year out championship contender. Just remember that the word "fan" comes from fanatic, and the only thing you've been fanatic about since Harsin was hired is putting a damper on the optimism generated by hiring a head coach who has actually run a program successfully for more than one year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Anyone who thought 6 months ago that we'd be any better off is a fool. It takes time to develop relationships, and it's not nearly as easy to do in the climate of this year, especially for a new coaching staff.

And yes, you are doom and glooming. You started a thread specifically to make the point that if we don't finish at least 4th in recruiting with at least 3 five star recruits, then Harsin just doesn't measure up to the worst head coach to win a national championship in the history of college football. You're doing everything you can to instill the idea that the best we can hope for is 50/50 that Harsin will be any better than Malzahn.

Look, I get it, you don't want to get all excited about positivity in the program without tangible evidence that we're going to be a year in, year out championship contender. Just remember that the word "fan" comes from fanatic, and the only thing you've been fanatic about since Harsin was hired is putting a damper on the optimism generated by hiring a head coach who has actually run a program successfully for more than one year.

A) So, anyone who is not a fool thought we'd be dead last in recruiting rankings in the SEC at this point? There must be a lot of fools out there. Apparently, it's taking AU more time to develop those relationships than it is the new staffs at UT, Vandy and USCe.

B ) I didn't state or imply that if we don't match Chizik's recruiting then Harsin is a failure. I did point out that there's a target to shoot for and some of the excuses currently being made didn't hinder Chizik's staff.

C ) it's not 50/50 that Harsin will be better than Malzahn. Look around the country at new hires. The odds that Harsin does better than Malzahn are much worse than 50/50. Ask Texas, Tennessee, A&M and so forth. Most schools have to hire multiple coaches before they hit on one they are happy with. Even UAT had to go through five? maybe six between Stallings and Saban. Florida is on their third guy after Meyer. Let's hope we get lucky and Harsin is our guy for years to come. But, the odds are against it.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

A) So, anyone who is not a fool thought we'd be dead last in recruiting rankings in the SEC at this point? There must be a lot of fools out there. Apparently, it's taking AU more time to develop those relationships than it is the new staffs at UT, Vandy and USCe.

B ) I didn't state or imply that if we don't match Chizik's recruiting then Harsin is a failure. I did point out that there's a target to shoot for and some of the excuses currently being made didn't hinder Chizik's staff.

C ) it's not 50/50 that Harsin will be better than Malzahn. Look around the country at new hires. The odds that Harsin does better than Malzahn are much worse than 50/50. Ask Texas, Tennessee, A&M and so forth. Most schools have to hire multiple coaches before they hit on one they are happy with. Even UAT had to go through five? maybe six between Stallings and Saban. Florida is on their third guy after Meyer. Let's hope we get lucky and Harsin is our guy for years to come. But, the odds are against it.

regarding recruiting and Harsin:

"You can have it now or you can have done right. "

It is obvious to me he is not trying to fill the roster with what he can get.   They have intentionally not taken a few commitments from what I hear.   He is selective and wants kids that fully buy into his work first and work daily mentality.  

I not throwing rocks at you, but UT and Vandy do have to take whatever they can get.  USCe is an enigma to me.   And we all hope we don't make the same mistakes most programs have made with coaching hires. 

Auburn has done real well since Dye.   Every coach has had an undefeated season, an SEC Championship and or a National Championship/appearance since Dye.   I doubt any school can say such over a 30 yr span.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

And I didn't accuse you of stating that if we don't match Chizik's recruiting then Harsin is a failure. I accused you of stating that he won't measure up to Chizik. Here's the quote of what you did say:

On 7/2/2021 at 11:46 PM, Mikey said:

Their classes will be in the exact same situation, coach hired the previous winter and coached through one complete season.

Chizik's 2010 class was ranked #4 nationally with three 5* players signed. (Rivals)

Can Harsin match Chizik? We'll know in February.

Measure up to is pretty danged close to matching.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Oh, okay, so you weren't saying the best we can hope for is 50/50, you were saying that we're stupid if we're hoping for anything even that good.

Statistically, yes, you are correct. Now, that having been said, let me return to my point about the word fanatic. It is defined as "a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal". The only thing you have had a zeal for is shooting down optimism by being "realistic". What have you got shoved up your butt that you don't want anyone to be optimistic that we might have actually found a winner of a coach? And how do you call yourself a fan when that is the only thing that you could possibly seem to be single-minded about?

• Like 1