2021 4* RB Cody Brown (2/17: Released By Vols)

ellitor

Sorry for the false alarm folks. Keith posted he has heard from two very reliable sources that Auburn is not planning to pursue Cody Brown at this time.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUMicBK said:

and him becoming available after us losing Armoni Goodwin makes it a no-brainer

BUT Auburn's not pursuing this no-brainer even though they plan to take 3 RBs before the season starts.  🙃

26 minutes ago, keesler said:

BUT Auburn's not pursuing this no-brainer even though they plan to take 3 RBs before the season starts.  🙃

🤷‍♂️ guess that's one of many reasons why i'm not a coach.

Sorry if this has already been posted. Did RB, Cody Brown sign with Tennessee even though the NCAA could lower the hammer down pretty hard on them at some point. Also, when do y'all expect Tennesse to release Dylan Brooks from his schollarship? Thank you.

Since we didn't land Goodwin, it would be good if Brown got out of his scholarship and transferred to Auburn. Maybe we could get both Brown and Brooks together.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* RB Cody Brown

@auburn4ever Cody Brown signed with Tennessee in December. He does want out of that agreemenr now so he can go to a different school. At last report though Auburn was not interested in taking him.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* RB Cody Brown (Vols)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* RB Cody Brown (2/17: Released By Vols)

JLee & Keith are saying AU hasn't decided yet whether to pursue Cody. JLee is saying Harsin will reevaluate Cody today & make a call on him soon. JLee's source thinks AU will pursue FWIW.

3 hours ago, Paladin said:

Since he was released from his NLI from Utk it seems strange that he is entering the transfer portal when he is effectively now an unsigned recruit.

24 minutes ago, dilligas said:

it seems strange that he is entering the transfer portal

@dilligas He's not & can't. I just think he may be confused on terminology.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

JLee & Keith are saying AU hasn't decided yet whether to pursue Cody. JLee is saying Harsin will reevaluate Cody today & make a call on him soon. JLee's source thinks AU will pursue FWIW.

Does he have significant interest in Auburn? 

I will not be upset if CBH and Co. choose not pursue him. I think he is a talented kid, but not something we can't live without. I honestly like our 3* J. Hunter just as much if not more. He would be a nice sturdy 5th option at RB though. We will see what happens.

We have 6 spots left correct? He needs to be one of them if he wants to come to auburn. Talented kid. We have 4 RBs on our roster 

tank - gone after two more years.

shivers & Barrett - Seniors

hunter - Freshman 

7 minutes ago, AUgrad2013 said:

We have 6 spots left correct? He needs to be one of them if he wants to come to auburn. Talented kid. We have 4 RBs on our roster 

tank - gone after two more years.

shivers & Barrett - Seniors

hunter - Freshman 

Shivers technically will be a JR again. I would say Barrett has 2 years left as well with free year.

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I will not be upset if CBH and Co. choose not pursue him. I think he is a talented kid, but not something we can't live without. I honestly like our 3* J. Hunter just as much if not more. He would be a nice sturdy 5th option at RB though. We will see what happens.

This is where I am at. I would love for them to find a solid transfer that can immediately back up Tank next year, but I will be happy if we take this kid. I just want a second bigger, bell cow type back behind Tank. I like Shivers but want to see him more as a Corey Grant type. We need an Artis-Payne to our Tre Mason (Tank). Hopefully Barrett steps up or Hunter is somehow ready but I think Harsin will find a guy who can make a difference next year. That being said, this kid is good and I will be more than happy if they take him.

If the talk that's been tossed around about AU wanting to sign two more running backs is true, then we'll pursue this guy. He'll be a good "truth barometer".

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If the talk that's been tossed around about AU wanting to sign two more running backs is true, then we'll pursue this guy. He'll be a good "truth barometer".

Wow that interesting I didn't know we may get two more guys. That would give us 6 so is that rumor based off talk that someone would transfer out after spring ball? 

Didn't Caddy recruit CBrown for a while? A 4* with more size than anyone else. Are there questions about his speed?

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

It’s not “talk” that’s been tossed around here though, Harsin said he wanted 5 RBs and we’ve only got 4 currently. 

Archived