Auburn Pro Day 2021 Thread

abw0004

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

6'3" with a beast wingspan & running at 4.5 is nice.

Hand size and broad jump were very nice as well. Vertical wasn't amazing but it was respectable. I knew he was faster than some think because he always ended up behind db's so often. If he keeps working I bet he can get that in the 4.4 range. He's going to be a nice pick up for somebody.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He's going to be a nice pick up for somebody.

Another "what could've been" like Slayton

So why are we using hand timed instead of laser 40’s? Surely we can get the good stuff and not have to roll the same way it was done in the ‘50’s?? Those times will absolutely be faster than with a laser, bank on it. I think instead of teams being wowed by a true laser time, they’ll be wondering what it really is and that’s unfortunate for these guys. 

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Elite Sprinters build their top end speed and keep it past 40.

4.26 is plenty fast for his size.

The funny thing is people here would lose their mind if Usain Bolt didn't run a sub 4 in the 40. That is not the way it works guys. 4.2 anything is blazing.

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't know what Tutt is going to do

He was not ready . I do believe I could run that 40 time right now . Don’t know his reasons , but I hope he becomes successful either way 

I never want to give off the vibe im being an a**hole to Tutt, or making fun of the guy. But I think the guy just had some really freaking bad advisors in his corner. The unfortunate things that have happened to him since that 2019 IB should've produced a different reaction than what it did....not mad at him trying to transfer but jeez man

12 hours ago, abw0004 said:

It's an idea I have had to pursue more, but Harsin's regime has just killed it in terms of good will, specifically in ways that will pay off for years with transfers/croots 

Honestly, in regard to Tutt, I think what may have happened was Tutt had every intention of returning and the Gus was fired.  Once Malzahn was fired he entered the transfer portal.  Not seeing much interest in himself, Tuss may have tried to return but Harsin said no.  So, Tutt's only option was to try the Draft.  It did not help that he had people around him seeing dollar signs either.

IN PHOTOS: Former Auburn players at pro day

AUBURN, Ala. — Ten former Auburn players participated in the program's 2021 pro day Thursday morning. The event was likely the only opportunity for them to show their skills and be evaluated face-to-face by NFL personnel and scouts, seeing as the NFL Combine is all virtual this year.

Seven players from last year's roster took part in the event, plus two former players who have been out of the program for a year but came back to get some exposure with scouts (receivers Sal Cannella and Jay Jay Wilson). Former Auburn linebacker Tre' Threat, who transferred to Jacksonville State in 2018, was also allowed to participate.

From left to right: Former Auburn players Jamel Dean and Sammie Coates chat with Auburn head coach Bryan Harsin and athletic director Allen Greene

18 Auburn 1.jpg

Former Auburn safety Jamien Sherwood talks to scouts

18 Auburn 3.jpg

KJ Britt

18 Auburn 4.jpg

18 Auburn 11.jpg

FLASH

18 Auburn 5.jpg

Seth

18 Auburn 6.jpg

18 Auburn 9.jpg

EwyGwIuWEAIVZyw.jpg

Eli

18 Auburn 7.jpg

EwyGxdWWYAQoUo3.jpg

Former Auburn and current Tampa Bay Bucs cornerback Jamel Dean

18 Auburn 8.jpg

Tutt

18 Auburn 10 (1).jpg

EwyGy4nW8AIIagh.jpg

Measurements, results from Auburn's 2021 pro day

x

Auburn's draft hopefuls get their biggest opportunity to impress NFL personnel on Thursday morning.

With the NFL Combine in 2021 only occurring in a virtual capacity due to COVID-19, the only official, in-person evaluations NFL prospects will get this spring will be at their respective pro days. For Auburn, seven now-former players will participate in their pro day at the program's indoor football complex Thursday in front of scouts from franchises across the pros.

Normally, reporters are in the building, too, jotting down each player's reps and times at various drills and tests. With COVID-19, however, only personnel from the NFL and Auburn are allowed inside. 

Here at Auburn Undercover, we'll get as much information as possible on how each prospect is performing from behind closed doors — whether it's a nugget from someone in the building, a number shared by a scout on social media, or information shared by Auburn. Check back with this link for updates as we receive them.

All seven players will speak to reporters after pro day is over, starting at around 12:30 p.m. CST. 

According to NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala, every NFL team but the Vikings and Texans are present at Auburn's pro day.

Here are full measurements and results from the day.

WR ANTHONY SCHWARTZ

Height: 6-0

Weight: 186

Hands: 9 3/8 inches

Arms: 31 4/8 inches

Wingspan: 75 4/8 inches

Bench: N/A

Vertical: 32.0 

Broad jump: 10-3

40 time: 4.26 (unofficial)

WR SETH WILLIAMS

Height: 6-3

Weight: 211

Hands: 9 7/8 inches

Arms: 33 4/8 inches

Wingspan: 81 1/8 inches

Bench: 12 reps

Vertical: 37

Broad jump: 10-4

40 times: 4.50 (unofficial)

WR ELI STOVE

Height: 5-11 3/8

Weight: 194

Hands: 9 1/8 inches

Arms: 32 1/8 inches

Wingspan: 75 2/8 inches

Bench: 14 reps

40-yard dash: 4.55 (unoffical)

Vertical: 30.5

Broad jump: 9-11

LB K.J. BRITT

Height: 6-0 1/2

Weight: 235

Hands: 9 2/8 inches

Arms: 31 inches

Wingspan: 75 4/8 inches

Bench: 24 reps (video)

Vertical jump: 32 1/2 

Broad jump: 9-10

40 times: 4.75 (unofficial)

DB JAMIEN SHERWOOD

Height: 6-1 3/4

Weight: 216

Hands: 10 inches

Arms: 34 inches

Wingspan: 81 7/8 inches

Bench: 15 reps

Vertical: 36

Broad jump: 10-3

40 times: 4.75 (unofficial)

DB CHRISTIAN TUTT

Height: 5-10 1/4

Weight: 180

Bench: N/A

40-yard dash: 4.75 (unofficial)

Vertical: 29.5

Broad jump: 9-2

DB JORDYN PETERS

Height: 6-0 3/4

Weight: 202

Hands: 9 2.8 inches

Arms: 32 4/8 inches

Wingspan: 79 5/8 inches 

Bench: 7 reps

40-yard dash: 4.70 (unofficial)

Vertical: 39.5 inches (video)

Broad jump: 10-4

SAL CANNELLA, JAY JAY WILSON

Former Auburn receivers Cannella and Wilson also participated Thursday.

CANNELLA

Height: 6-4 3/4

Weight: 251

44COMMENTS

40-yard dash: 4.75 (unofficial)

WILSON

Height: 6-2 3/8

Weight: 250

40-yard dash: 4.96 (unofficial)

Sal Cannella is somewhat inspirational. He starts out at JUCO as not many people want him. He works on his craft and comes to Auburn he continues working on his craft gets better but not good enough for NFL because he has TE height but WR weight and not enough speed to be an NFL WR. He doesn't make it in NFL last year he keeps working and is at Auburn Pro Day this week he has added 20 pounds of muscle so now weighs 250 pounds which means he now has true TE size and he runs a 4.75 40. 

I don't know if he showed enough to get NFL interested but the desire to get better and keep working is an inspiration. 

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Sal Cannella is somewhat inspirational. He starts out at JUCO as not many people want him. He works on his craft and comes to Auburn he continues working on his craft gets better but not good enough for NFL because he has TE height but WR weight and not enough speed to be an NFL WR. He doesn't make it in NFL last year he keeps working and is at Auburn Pro Day this week he has added 20 pounds of muscle so now weighs 250 pounds which means he now has true TE size and he runs a 4.75 40. 

I don't know if he showed enough to get NFL interested but the desire to get better and keep working is an inspiration. 

He was ESPN's #1 ranked juco TE. First team all conference. He didn't have a ton of big time offers, but he did have a lot of offers and a few P5 offers besides ours. Ironically enough, he probably should've taken the one from Minnesota. 

Dude was a matchup nightmare for both corners and linebackers with his length and hands, but his coach at Auburn didn't really know what all those words mean. Same thing that has held most of our pass catchers back since 2014. 

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I can’t see why he couldn’t at least get invited to a camp 

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I never want to give off the vibe im being an a**hole to Tutt, or making fun of the guy. But I think the guy just had some really freaking bad advisors in his corner. The unfortunate things that have happened to him since that 2019 IB should've produced a different reaction than what it did....not mad at him trying to transfer but jeez man

He needs to figure out a way to get back in school.  Hopefully he did not take money from an agent and can get another year of college ball.  The article on him on tiderinsider oops al.com seemed to already show some bitterness from Tutt about the Pro Day process.  He needs to see if he can come back to Auburn or go to UCF or Troy.  Not sure how he is going to be able to improve upon his pro day and turn some scouts heads.  He can do a lot of things on the field but his pro day did not help him. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I can’t see why he couldn’t at least get invited to a camp 

He may now...but last year at his weight and lack of speed(4.7), it just didn't seem to meet what teams want in a TE. I think he could play like the Steelers TE they had last year in Eric Ebron. Not a lot of weight, very good speed for a TE, but not a good blocker.

There's just a lot of athletic TEs out there that he has to compete against. 

Just now, steeleagle said:

He may now...but last year at his weight and lack of speed(4.7), it just didn't seem to meet what teams want in a TE. I think he could play like the Steelers TE they had last year in Eric Ebron. Not a lot of weight, very good speed for a TE, but not a good blocker.

There's just a lot of athletic TEs out there that he has to compete against. 

Last year I said he didn’t have the measurements to get a camp invite tbh. I didn’t think he had that or the film. Glad to see he put in work and try again 

53 minutes ago, casatiger said:

He needs to figure out a way to get back in school.  Hopefully he did not take money from an agent and can get another year of college ball.  The article on him on tiderinsider oops al.com seemed to already show some bitterness from Tutt about the Pro Day process.  He needs to see if he can come back to Auburn or go to UCF or Troy.  Not sure how he is going to be able to improve upon his pro day and turn some scouts heads.  He can do a lot of things on the field but his pro day did not help him. 

What makes you think he was even welcomed back to Auburn?

You guys are missing a big thing here: all of the guys who chose to "test the markets and leave" had that decision cemented to them by Harsin. Yes, he is a hard-ass type coach and he most definitely would not play this "game" with a player.

Tutt's option is to move on with his life. The problem is that he is quite obviously not an NFL caliber athlete. Going to Troy or UCF isn't going to change that. There's no demand for CB's who run 4.7's in the NFL, and really, that lack of speed showed up on the field in all the times he got burnt. 

1 minute ago, metafour said:

What makes you think he was even welcomed back to Auburn?

You guys are missing a big thing here: all of the guys who chose to "test the markets and leave" had that decision cemented to them by Harsin. Yes, he is a hard-ass type coach and he most definitely would not play this "game" with a player.

Tutt's option is to move on with his life. The problem is that he is quite obviously not an NFL caliber athlete. Going to Troy or UCF isn't going to change that. There's no demand for CB's who run 4.7's in the NFL, and really, that lack of speed showed up on the field in all the times he got burnt. 

I don't know that he is welcomed back.  My point was that he needs to see what his options are other than staying in the draft. 

1 minute ago, casatiger said:

I don't know that he is welcomed back.  My point was that he needs to see what his options are other than staying in the draft. 

Why? Maybe he doesn't like going to school? 

And it's obviously too late for what you're suggesting. He made his bed and thats it. This kid thought he was going to the NFL, what makes you think he has any interest in transferring down to Troy lol?

1 hour ago, metafour said:

Why? Maybe he doesn't like going to school? 

And it's obviously too late for what you're suggesting. He made his bed and thats it. This kid thought he was going to the NFL, what makes you think he has any interest in transferring down to Troy lol?

He is a semester away from getting his degree.  Troy was just a for instance example.  He can do whatever he wants.  Just hope it goes well for him.  Wish him lots of luck.  

I read the article where Tutt discussed his decision. While I think he would have been better off finishing off his degree at Auburn since only a semester away.  It is his decision and I respect it. One thing I like about the article is his Dad actually told him to finish his degree but recognized he is a man and had to make his own decision. As a Dad when your kids are young you set the rules as they age the boundaries change first you give them a little more responsibility but at some point you recognize your kids are adults and have to make their own decisions.  You still give them advice but it is no longer do it my way but I think this is best way to go but you have to decide.

I admire his Dad for doing that. I wish him success where ever he goes in the future.

12 hours ago, casatiger said:

He is a semester away from getting his degree.  Troy was just a for instance example.  He can do whatever he wants.  Just hope it goes well for him.  Wish him lots of luck.  

I think its odd that some people can't see the rationale in just wanting a guy, who obviously made an emotional decision that could've been considered rash, to get a second chance. Its not like the guy spit on the Eagle and smacked Aubie's head off. He just thought he had some value elsewhere, didn't, and got a cold splash.

I'm starting to believe in the idea that he wasn't "welcomed" back just bc he clearly has enough goodwill towards Auburn to put his pride aside and reside here, and I understand why that happened, and the precedent that was trying to be set. I hope, if it is, he can talk his way back onto the team. To finish his degree, get some good life lessons from Derek Mason, and maybe learn a few things on his way out that can help him maybe land on a scout team or into a cozy spot in another league 

Archived