Bryan Harsin take on Bo Nix

aubiefifty

Just now, DAG said:

And until he proves otherwise, It is going to be that way. That is not hate? You get that right, if people are using past data to formulate an opinion?

He just proved a bit otherwise in the only evidence we have post-Gus.  But that's not good enough, doesn't count, so Imma still hate 🤣

We just had data and you ignore it.  He improved from about 57% to 60% from his TrFr to a covid season vs all P5 teams w/out a spring.  Can't continue to improve in year 3 with better coaches and a better system?k

There is data showing he's improve, but you don't want to look at it.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DAG said:

So did you or did you not say he is hitting 60% against ALL sec teams? I want to make sure this is correct.

Yeah guy, it's called rounding lmao.  This is your sticking point then you've already lost

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

This guy just walked himself into this badly lol

lmao claiming you won b/c I round 59.5 up to 60.

Just now, W.E.D said:

Yeah guy, it's called rounding lmao.  

You do get the definition of ALL, correct? Or do I need to explain that to you as well.

So, If I have data to refute what you said, in fact, you have to round up to get to your point. How is that hating? That is the problem with those pesky EMOTIONAL blanket statements. They are not rooted in facts. 

Just now, W.E.D said:

lmao claiming you won b/c I round 59.5 up to 60.

Yep I said I won. What am I winning here? Lol. Step off the ledge man. Go get some sunlight 

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He just proved a bit otherwise in the only evidence we have post-Gus.  But that's not good enough, doesn't count, so Imma still hate 🤣

We just had data and you ignore it.  He improved from about 57% to 60% from his TrFr to a covid season vs all P5 teams w/out a spring.  Can't continue to improve in year 3 with better coaches and a better system?k

There is data showing he's improve, but you don't want to look at it.

I never said he didn't improve. I said he improved marginally. Again, step away from the ledge. Handle your emotions and try to have a sensible conversation. 

Just now, DAG said:

You do get the definition of ALL, correct? Or do I need to explain that to you as well.

So, If I have data to refute what you said, in fact, you have to round up to get to your point. How is that hating? That is the problem with those pesky EMOTIONAL blanket statements. They are not rooted in facts. 

You don't have data though.

We have improvement from year one to year two vs a tougher schedule. (doesn't count)

We have seen evidence of him taking steps after better coaching, throwing with a better base, staying in the pocket, stepping up into it, (doesn't count)

Your evidence is he threw a lot off his back foot last year so he'll do it forever.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep I said I won. What am I winning here? Lol. Step off the ledge man. Go get some sunlight 

I'm door is open and it's a nice brisk morning with the birds chirping 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I never said he didn't improve. I said he improved marginally. Again, step away from the ledge. Handle your emotions and try to have a sensible conversation. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

When someone posts, it doesn't mean it's emotions.  Just a contradicting view.   You're taking pretty heavy offense to a blanket statement I made about the view of Bo on this board.  Maybe you're mad.  Are you triggered?

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You don't have data though.

We have improvement from year one to year two vs a tougher schedule. (doesn't count)

We have seen evidence of him taking steps after better coaching, throwing with a better base, staying in the pocket, stepping up into it, (doesn't count)

Your evidence is he threw a lot off his back foot last year so he'll do it forever.

Huh? LOL. I presented you with the numbers. Whether he threw from his backfoot or not is irrelevant. If you said he threw for 60 against ALL SEC teams last year, you would not have to round up. The truth was he threw for 60% or greater in 6 out of 10 games. Some games he was highly accurate, with a rating as high was 76 %, and others he was abysmal, as low in the 40s. If you can't see or understand that, it Is your issue. At this point I am going to disengage because you are just being plain ignorant.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Huh? LOL. I presented you with the numbers. Whether he threw from his backfoot or not is irrelevant. If you said he threw for 60 against ALL SEC teams last year, you would not have to round up. The truth was he threw for 60% or greater in 6 out of 10 games. Some games he was highly accurate, with a rating as high was 76 %, and others he was abysmal, as low in the 40s. If you can't see or understand that, it Is your issue. At this point I am going to disengage because you are just being plain ignorant.

Yes, and the aggregate of his season, vs tougher competition than his Fr year was 60%, or if you need a decimal 59.5%.  The same thing.

Did he improve from his Fr year to his Soph year, one without a spring practice? Yes

Die he continue all the countless bad habits during A-Day.  No

Seems like the data shows he'll continue to be awful. 🙄

Just now, W.E.D said:

Literally the same thing.

No it is not. If it was you wouldn't have to round up

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Did he improve from his Fr year to his Soph year, one without a spring practice? Yes

Never said he didn't

Die he continue all the countless bad habits during A-Day.  No

Okay

Seems like the data shows he'll continue to be awful. 🙄

Another cognitive distortion on your part. All or nothing thinking. It is not awful, but it is not very good. In fact, he is rated #10 out of 12 QBs based on that. Probably why people aren't jumping to the conclusion you are seeking.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2020/leader/911/player/split01/category02/sort03.html

Alright guys, let's bring it in.  We all want Bo to succeed.  Let's just leave it at that.

tenor.gif

31 minutes ago, fredst said:

Looks like Bo is the new Gus lol

Man I sure hope not

18 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Alright guys, let's bring it in.  We all want Bo to succeed.  Let's just leave it at that.

tenor.gif

I want him to succeed way more than you do 😛

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

I want him to succeed way more than you do 😛

I HATE you.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Guy his a HS coach.  Maybe if he was an elite QB coach or OC he'd still be at a college making 750k+ vs being a small town HS coach.

He was also the OC at GaTech & Miami, so he's been in the college before. 

I questioned Bo's coachability last year at times.  Regardless of the coaching staff and their game plan, if a player won't take the direction and work everyday to get better then who's to blame? 

1 minute ago, keesler said:

if a player won't take the direction and work everyday to get better then who's to blame? 

Guess we'll find out this year. 

I could see a scenario was Bo was petulant and arrogant and disobedient and all of those things... but not wrong

59 minutes ago, DAG said:

No it is not. If it was you wouldn't have to round up

Never said he didn't

Okay

Another cognitive distortion on your part. All or nothing thinking. It is not awful, but it is not very good. In fact, he is rated #10 out of 12 QBs based on that. Probably why people aren't jumping to the conclusion you are seeking.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2020/leader/911/player/split01/category02/sort03.html

I'm giving you data points you want to dismiss.

Yes, we all know he wasn't good.  He needs to be better.  That's not what I'm pointing out.  Many on this board (general statement) are rock solid that he's never going to be good.  I think that is pretty outlandish.  You seem to have taken offense to my general statement about this board.

I'm not exactly sure what your specific opinions.  You claimed you were cautious about his development, which isn't what I initially posted about

22 minutes ago, keesler said:

He was also the OC at GaTech & Miami, so he's been in the college before. 

I questioned Bo's coachability last year at times.  Regardless of the coaching staff and their game plan, if a player won't take the direction and work everyday to get better then who's to blame? 

I know, but if he was a legit offensive mind/QB developer he'd still being in college making 5x what his current salary is.

I wonder how much is coachability and how much is Gus really not coaching much and letting Bo do his own thing.  I had some hopes with Chad Morris, but he too is a lot like Gus.  Road Watson (Cam) to prominence and really never did anything after the one great QB.  And is now back in HS

Bobo has a legit track record, so does Harsin.  Practice is repetition & engraining it so you do it in a game.  I'm not sure if I've ever seen Bo step up in a pocket.  He would just bail to the sidelines.  He did that a few times Saturday.

Bo could suck, but I don't think his story is over.  

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I'm giving you data points you want to dismiss.

Yes, we all know he wasn't good.  He needs to be better.  That's not what I'm pointing out.  Many on this board (general statement) are rock solid that he's never going to be good.  I think that is pretty outlandish.  You seem to have taken offense to my general statement about this board.

I'm not exactly sure what your specific opinions.  You claimed you were cautious about his development, which isn't what I initially posted about

What data points have I dismissed? Offense? No I am just pointing out , you aren’t accurate in your statement that he threw for at least 60 percent in all of his games against SEC opponents.

That’s just a flat out lie. If you don’t want to admit to that , that’s on you but I would love to see your data refuting that statement.

Quite frankly with all the resources that Bo has had at his disposal, there is honestly no reason why anyone should be try to rationalize a way for him to get to 60 percent. In the past we have been much harder on QBs regarding that. 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I know, but if he was a legit offensive mind/QB developer he'd still being in college making 5x what his current salary is.

I wonder how much is coachability and how much is Gus really not coaching much and letting Bo do his own thing.  I had some hopes with Chad Morris, but he too is a lot like Gus.  Road Watson (Cam) to prominence and really never did anything after the one great QB.  And is now back in HS

Bobo has a legit track record, so does Harsin.  Practice is repetition & engraining it so you do it in a game.  I'm not sure if I've ever seen Bo step up in a pocket.  He would just bail to the sidelines.  He did that a few times Saturday.

Bo could suck, but I don't think his story is over.  

You are quoting me.  I am making my assumptions on the past 4 to 5 years of data points on Bo.  He is a very average QB.  He has yet to breech the 60% passing completion rate.  He has 13 INTs in two season.  The majority of his pass completions are WR bubble screens.  His deep passes over 20 yards is embarrassing.  He can't stay in the packet long enough to read a defense. At his age, it is time to produce or move on.  I am tired of waiting on Bo to do something.  

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

What data points have I dismissed? Offense? No I am just pointing out , you aren’t accurate in your statement that he threw for at least 60 percent in all of his games against SEC opponents.

That’s just a flat out lie. If you don’t want to admit to that , that’s on you but I would love to see your data refuting that statement.

Jesus, I never said he threw for at least 60%.  Now you're trying to make s*** up. Talk about being a liar.

I said he threw for 60%.  He threw for 59.5% against a full SEC slate.  He threw for 59.9% against a full P5 schedule.  This semantics game is ridiculous when it doesn't even effect the entire premise that he isn't and always been a mid 50% passer.  Acting like simple math is "lying" is very dumb.

Be better.  You're trying way too hard

Archived