Auburn's Outgoing Transfers

Zeek

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

This is aging well...

You didn't explain the process. Others have now found something that possibly works at the expense of he '22 class, but it wasn't you who found the probable loophole.

• Facepalm 2

10 hours ago, W.E.D said:

8 games vs 9. So we'll give him 4.5 sacks vs 3. Edge vs SDE

Big Kat was OK, nothing special. You can't say someone is awful and they have a near identical stat line of the guy you praise, especially when they are an Edge rusher vs a SDE. 

I like the transfer. But make better comparisons vs a multi year starter who has been pretty solid vs much better competition, that don't even play the same position. 

I like all of our transfers so far. Only thr CMU RB is the only one I'm hesitant on. I think they can all be pretty good. 

Hall will be the starter. Moultry is an unknown. Then a couple RS Freshman 

Are you aware of what position Bryant played last season?  

Did you watch the games?  

Did you ever look at a depth chart?  

Do you know that the buck(edge) depth chart was Hall, Moultry and Johnson?  

Do you know That Bryant was listed as a defensive end on the depth chart with Handy and Foster-Bryan behind him?

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Are you aware of what position Bryant played last season?  

Did you watch the games?  

Did you ever look at a depth chart?  

Do you know that the buck(edge) depth chart was Hall, Moultry and Johnson?  

Do you know That Bryant was listed as a defensive end on the depth chart with Handy and Foster-Bryan behind him?

Yes? What are you confused about? DE or SDE is different than Buck/Edge. Leota and Kat play different positions 

Kat was a SDE, leota will be playing Edge, similar to his WDE position at NW. Are you trying to equate they should be the same wrt stat production?? 

DEFENSE

Defensive end

Big Kat Bryant, senior

Jaren Handy, sophomore

Daniel Foster-Allen, freshman

Buck

Derick Hall, sophomore

T.D. Moultry, senior

Caleb Johnson, redshirt sophomore

Edited by W.E.D

Domio to UCF though I'm sure it's already been posted. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Auburn OT Prince Michael Sammons enters transfer portal

ByNATHAN KING 19 minutes ago 

Share2 Comments

Auburn reserve offensive tackle Prince Michael Sammons entered the transfer portal Tuesday, Auburn Undercover has learned.

A former four-star prospect in the 2016 class, the 6-foot-7 Sammons came to Auburn as a defensive end. He redshirted the 2016 season, then appeared in only two games along the offensive line from 2017-20. He'll be a grad transfer at his next destination.

2COMMENTS

Sammons was Auburn's No. 3 option at both left and right tackle in spring practices a couple months ago.

Auburn Undercover is updating this story. Check back soon for additional 

Meh. 

Good luck at your next school

Edited by W.E.D

Players are no longer interested in earning their spot or waiting their turn. College football is about to nose dive even more in my book. Hard work is more than an offseason in the weight room. We sure could have used his depth at the position. 

Wish him nothing but the best as he looks for "greener" pastures. 

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, toddc said:

A former four-star prospect in the 2016 class, the 6-foot-7 Sammons came to Auburn as a defensive end.

That is not correct. Sammons was listed as a DE by all of the recruiting services. Herb Hand had been recruiting Sammons as a prospective OT when Hand was at Penn State. When Hand came to Auburn, he recruited Sammons to Auburn to be an OT. While OT had been mentioned as a possible position for Sammons, I believe Penn State and later Auburn were the only schools interested in Sammons as an OT.

10 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Players are no longer interested in earning their spot or waiting their turn. College football is about to nose dive even more in my book. Hard work is more than an offseason in the weight room. We sure could have used his depth at the position. 

This isn't what happened here at all.

Prince Sammons has been here a million years and basically gave up on football, he has been a complete non-factor to even get on the field. He is literally living out his eligibility as a "student athlete" - a rare feat. I think Harsin just wants the scholarship back and told him that if he wants to "sit", he should do it elsewhere. Malzahn seemed content with just letting him stay here, and that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

This is a ridiculous comment. The guy is a 6th year Sr 3rd string. He has no time to wait and can't earn playing time. 

They whole sky is falling act from people mad players have freedoms that they didn't have before is absurd. 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

Prince Sammons has been here a million years and basically gave up on football, he has been a complete non-factor to even get on the field. He is literally living out his eligibility as a "student athlete" - a rare feat. I think Harsin just wants the scholarship back and told him that if he wants to "sit", he should do it elsewhere. Malzahn seemed content with just letting him stay here, and that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

I agree with most of this but I think we are well below the 85 and no where near the cap. 

He's a 6th year Sr bc of Covid. He's probably graduated, hopefully, and is either trying one last year somewhere or just ready to start life. 

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I agree with most of this but I think we are well below the 85 and no where near the cap. 

He's a 6th year Sr bc of Covid. He's probably graduated, hopefully, and is either trying one last year somewhere or just ready to start life. 

I don't believe he has any interest in actually playing. Whether Harsin booted him or not, I don't believe he has any interest in scholarship guys who just want to wear the jersey on Saturday and travel with the team while not actually competing with the team.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, metafour said:

I don't believe he has any interest in actually playing. Whether Harsin booted him or not, I don't believe he has any interest in scholarship guys who just want to wear the jersey on Saturday and travel with the team while not actually competing with the team.

That could be it. He's a 6th year guy who is 3rd string. I'll take your word for if that's true. 

I was just saying we aren't at the 85

He’s a graduate transfer I think, and if he doesn’t want to play why would he go into the transfer portal?

Seems like every time we lose a transfer at a certain position we have one coming in shortly after. Maybe this is a sign that we got an OT on the way soon, or I suppose this could be for that Ole Miss kid's spot. 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Start life in the transfer portal? It’s comment makes perfect sense to me.

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Start life in the transfer portal? It’s comment makes perfect sense to me.

There is an "or" in my sentence.  If he doesn't get picked up, what happens?

1 hour ago, metafour said:

Yup.

Following the departure of Prince Michael Sammons, am I correct that we now finally have more Non-Senior OL (8) than Senior OL (7)?

Seniors: Nick Brahms, Brenden Coffey, Brandon Council, Brodarious Hamm, Alec Jackson, Tashawn Manning, and Austin Troxell

Non-Seniors: Jalil Irvin, Kameron Stutts, Kilian Zierer, Keiondre Jones, Tate Johnson, Avery Jernigan, Garner Langlo, and Colby Smith

13 hours ago, W.E.D said:

That could be it. He's a 6th year guy who is 3rd string. I'll take your word for if that's true. 

I was just saying we aren't at the 85

Gus actually had to talk him into continuing to play football a couple years ago. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Gus actually had to talk him into continuing to play football a couple years ago. 

Right on

10 hours ago, tsande07 said:

Following the departure of Prince Michael Sammons, am I correct that we now finally have more Non-Senior OL (8) than Senior OL (7)?

Seniors: Nick Brahms, Brenden Coffey, Brandon Council, Brodarious Hamm, Alec Jackson, Tashawn Manning, and Austin Troxell

Non-Seniors: Jalil Irvin, Kameron Stutts, Kilian Zierer, Keiondre Jones, Tate Johnson, Avery Jernigan, Garner Langlo, and Colby Smith

So your saying after this season, before incoming freshman, we have 8 OL? Only two OT (Zierer and Smith)?

We'll, that can't be right.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Exactly. This is addition by subtraction whether we needed the scholarship or not. May be a great guy but keeping guys around that aren’t interested in contributing and aren’t going to under anything but a cataclysmic scenario isn’t helpful for anybody.

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So your saying after this season, before incoming freshman, we have 8 OL? Only two OT (Zierer and Smith)?

We'll, that can't be right.

I'm hoping some of those guys can get an extra 6th year just for bodies.

Also, where the hell are some transfer OLs.