Auburn's Outgoing Transfers

Zeek

15 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

We’re all just here to share opinions and information. Nothing to get mad about in my opinion. 

gif.gif

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Per espn . Aubie our beloved mascot has entered the transfer portal 

Work ethic issues.

I hear there's a juco cosplayer that projects as a furry at the next level. Might be a good fit.

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Life is hard sometimes.  I believe that is why we fired our coach.

"....and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work."

So how does my post disagree with that statement 

2 hours ago, japantiger said:

We play the 2nd toughest schedule in the NCAA.  We have no depth.  Our offense right now consists of a great running back backed up by an undersized #2 with a lot of heart.  OL, receivers, QB...2nd tier in the conference.  No reason to believe we can score points sufficient to win many games.   We were #9 in the SEC in points per game last year.  I don't see that getting better this year.   6 wins while absolutely kicking peoples asses physically will be a good year.  Our defense should be pretty good...but if you can't score it doesn't matter.  

2nd tier in the conference can still win games vs teams that aren't Bama/UF/UGA/LSU.  Lots of wins out there outside of the 3 we play.

Using last years stats is dumb.  An actual offense will cure a lot of things.  It's not going to be perfect, but I don't think we're going to be terrible

• Like 4

11 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Per espn . Aubie our beloved mascot has entered the transfer portal 

668FE90C-A4BA-4318-9B1E-67872D07832E.gif

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, W.E.D said:

2nd tier in the conference can still win games vs teams that aren't Bama/UF/UGA/LSU.  Lots of wins out there outside of the 3 we play.

Using last years stats is dumb.  An actual offense will cure a lot of things.  It's not going to be perfect, but I don't think we're going to be terrible

You're right, our offense last year was probably better than we will field this year.  Better line and receivers in 2020.  

2 minutes ago, japantiger said:

You're right, our offense last year was probably better than we will field this year.  Better line and receivers in 2020.  

We'll literally have the exact same OL that we had last year.  Better coaching and a real offense will most likely make them perform better.

• Like 2

Just now, W.E.D said:

We'll literally have the exact same OL that we had last year.  Better coaching and a real offense will most likely make them perform better.

And the loss of the WRs, while possibly impactful, should be somewhat mitigated by the wealth of talent at TE.

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Agreed. Even with the lack of talent against UGA and Alabama I don’t think this Auburn team will be completely embarrassed like last year and previous years. This team will play much harder and smarter. 

I still think we beat Alabama barring serious injuries 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And the loss of the WRs, while possibly impactful, should be somewhat mitigated by the wealth of talent at TE.

Eh, all of our TEs are lumped in with the WRs as unproven.  Talent is there, just need to prove it.

I'm about 100% our offense will have better stats and output b/c we'll have a legit offensive philosophy and our scheme will not involve "executing better" and attacking the #1 DB in all of college football play after play after play

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, woodford said:

Agreed. Even with the lack of talent against UGA and Alabama I don’t think this Auburn team will be completely embarrassed like last year and previous years. This team will play much harder and smarter. 

I still think we beat Alabama barring serious injuries 

I hope not on point #1 and on pt #2 I need that weed you're smoking.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Eh, all of our TEs are lumped in with the WRs as unproven.  Talent is there, just need to prove it.

I'm about 100% our offense will have better stats and output b/c we'll have a legit offensive philosophy and our scheme will not involve "executing better" and attacking the #1 DB in all of college football play after play after play

My only clue on TEs is that we moved a really good one to another position. But you're right, it's optimism and not data beyond that.

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My only clue on TEs is that we moved a really good one to another position. But you're right, it's optimism and not data beyond that.

I like our TEs and I'm excited to see them used like real offenses use TEs

• Like 1

Per 247 . All the Eagles in our Raptor Center have entered the transfer portal . Along with mike and Ed’s BBQ. They are transferring  to Cullman from AU

last one I promise 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Per 247 . All the Eagles in our Raptor Center have entered the transfer portal . Along with mike and Ed’s BBQ. They are transferring  to Cullman from AU

last one I promise 

Thanks. It was funny the first time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

With Seth, Schwartz and Stove gone; that's 72% of our total receiving yards gone (1,755 yds).  How much of that do you think TE's can replace.  A great year for a TE is ~650 yds...that's one TE in an offense.  So you think our TE's; who've had a grand total of less than 100 yds receiving in the last couple of seasons; will replace that; plus add to our receiving totals? 

Now, where will our vertical game come from?  Without a vertical passing game; you get lots of man coverage and folks stacking against the run; which seems more likely.  If Nix improves like other passers each year of their college career; which is a modest 3 points per year; I don't think having him @63% throwing to TE's transforms this offense.  But, he didn't improve at A-day; he comp% at Aday was just like his Soph year @60%.  

Harsin needs to recruit a QB and some receivers badly.

29 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Harsin needs to recruit a QB and some receivers badly

IMO, we have some really good receivers. They remind me a bit of the mid 90's teams with Sanders, Bailey, Gosha, etc. Obviously they haven't had the opportunity to produce yet, but their measurables and skill sets remind me of them. We just need to discover our Frank

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

last one I promise 

I will trade you Jim 'n Nicks for Mike and Ed's.  Don't touch my Mike and Ed's with their sweet tea in that trash can.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

IMO, we have some really good receivers. They remind me a bit of the mid 90's teams with Sanders, Bailey, Gosha, etc. Obviously they haven't had the opportunity to produce yet, but their measurables and skill sets remind me of them. We just need to discover our Frank

Hope you're right.  Johnson seems to have the pedigree; but he's a slot guy.  Don't really see the vertical game happening (due to the receivers and frankly the QB).  

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Thanks. It was funny the first time.

Had to shoot and kick the dead horse . 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

With Seth, Schwartz and Stove gone; that's 72% of our total receiving yards gone (1,755 yds).  How much of that do you think TE's can replace.  A great year for a TE is ~650 yds...that's one TE in an offense.  So you think our TE's; who've had a grand total of less than 100 yds receiving in the last couple of seasons; will replace that; plus add to our receiving totals? 

Now, where will our vertical game come from?  Without a vertical passing game; you get lots of man coverage and folks stacking against the run; which seems more likely.  If Nix improves like other passers each year of their college career; which is a modest 3 points per year; I don't think having him @63% throwing to TE's transforms this offense.  But, he didn't improve at A-day; he comp% at Aday was just like his Soph year @60%.  

Harsin needs to recruit a QB and some receivers badly.

"Somewhat"

"Mitigate"

As for our vertical game, it's not like we had much of one to replace. Among guys who actually caught the ball downfield last season, Jackson and Canion had higher YPC averages than Schwartz or Stove, and Capers was right there with Schwartz. Also keep in mind that Stove didn't even get drafted, so I'm not sure why anyone would be super concerned that a Hudson, Javy Johnson and/or Jet Johnson (almost as fast as Schwartz) couldn't replace him. And this is from a guy who picked Stove as his man crush last season. 

Nobody's claiming we're going to set records this year but that was a trash ass offense and it really wouldn't take much to improve upon it. Particularly if we now have a play caller who understands game script, down and distance, diversifying routes, using quick passes to big targets to mitigate pass rushes, attacking the entire field instead of just throwing screens and deep balls where every receiver just runs a straight vertical route, substituting, building depth... Yeah, I think that when the defense's edge guys can't just pin their ears back on every third down and when the LBs and safeties know that they'll never have to defend an intermediate pass to the middle third of the field, and when CBs don't know the route that they'll be covering on every play... yeah, I think those kinds of things will somewhat mitigate the loss of a sixth rounder, a third rounder and a guy who didn't get drafted.

Also, I'm curious how you came to the conclusion that we don't have talent at WR. What exactly have you seen from these guys that tells you they're not good enough?

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

My hope and opinion of this team will be one that starts a little rough but gets better as the season progresses.  Even if Auburn returned Seth, Flash, and Eli there’s still the learning curve of learning a new offense and actual passing trees.  This is just gonna take repetition.  Same with the TEs.  They may be talented but it’ll probably take half the season to get the routes down.  Even with Bo being a 3rd year starter I think you’ll see the offense lean heavily on the running game until Bobo and Harsin feel good about the receivers being where they are supposed to.  Don’t be surprised to see Auburn lose to an Ole Miss or Arkansas but beat a Texas A&M or LSU.  Beating Alabama  isn’t out of the question if Bryce Young struggles.

I think there are a pile of quality players out there . We have a competent staff and they will find them . I’m sure it’s been asked how many spots do we have open ?