Auburn's Outgoing Transfers

Zeek

Regarding Sammons, one has to wonder what would have happened to him career wise had he been a DE or DT. With his length, he would have been an interesting prospect.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Surprising one... I'll see if I can find anymore about the "why" on this one

• Thanks 2

Auburn freshman receiver Hal Presley transferring out

ByNATHAN KING 20 minutes ago

Share24 Comments

An incoming Auburn freshman is on his way out before his first preseason practices with the program.

Hal Presley, a three-star wide receiver in Auburn's 2021 class, has entered the transfer portal, sources close to the situation informed Auburn Undercover and 247Sports.

Presley reported to campus in early June for summer workouts but left this week and is now back home in Texas, a source told Auburn Undercover. Since he signed his letter of intent and had joined the program, he is eligible to enter the transfer portal.

The No. 63 receiver prospect in the nation out of Mansfield Summit in Arlington, Texas, Presley committed to Auburn last November before coming on board with the program during the following month's early signing period.

Presley originally committed to Baylor last May and was for five months until he reopened his recruitment. He chose the Tigers over USC.

24COMMENTS

The 6-foot-3, 197-pounder was the second wide receiver in Auburn's 2021 class, joined by Tar'Varish Dawson, the No. 25-ranked athlete in the nation from the Fort Myers area in Florida.

Auburn Undercover is updating this story. Check back soon for additional information.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Damn I thought Presley would end up good with us down the line

So did I, plus I think there was as good of an opportunity to play early for AU than anywhere else with all the ineperience we have at the WR position. This one stings me.

Going to be hard to have guys to buy in until they can see we can have a very good passing game.

• Like 3

Unfortunate. I see this continuing to be a possibility with the one time transfer in place for a lot of schools. Kids get homesick but the adversity to overcome and grow will be missed by a lot of young men who need it in their lives.

Good luck to the young man.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Geez. Took only 2 weeks to get homesick. 

hope somebody can find out what his reasoning is. 

Pretty much it. There’s an out now in place so expect to see it more often than in the past. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Geez. Took only 2 weeks to get homesick. 

hope somebody can find out what his reasoning is. 

Homesick apparently is right smh

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Pretty much it. There’s an out now in place so expect to see it more often than in the past. 

Here in lies the problem, with this ridiculous transfer portal. If this is not ceased after the 2021 season, then it will ultimately ruin college football. The NBA has already added to the demise of college basketball, with the G league and what not. Now don’t get me wrong, these kids deserve to make some money, but these new rules are not holding any of them accountable for decisions made. This may be one reason why so many of the nba players are bankrupt within two or three years of their retirement from the league. As for the football portal, 2020 was understandable, but now it’s just okay to commit and actually sign and then just bail after a spring or whatever. It’s ruining the game in my opinion. Then again, this is just my opinion. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Presley is a hound dog for leaving . I can’t believe it 

That was awful . I got a thumbs up , I was expecting a thumbs down for the cheese 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Presley has left the building...

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

That was awful . I got a thumbs up , I was expecting a thumbs down for the cheese 

😂😂 Your's made me laugh. @WFE12 on the other hand?... Waaaaayyyuuullll...... Lol. 

• Haha 1

Like someone on the bunker said I guess he found out that the tigerette who helped recruit him didn't actually love him like he thought!! 😆😆

• Love 1
  • Haha 6

38 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Like someone on the bunker said I guess he found out that the tigerette who helped recruit him didn't actually love him like he thought!! 😆😆

Let's see, I think it goes like this..." 3 star!!!? Coach Sabear..I mean Harsbear is weedin em out! Go get em. 🐐 🐻"!!!.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Paladin said:

Does Auburn get his scholarship back for 2021? 

Last year I would have said no, that scholarship slot is lost because he signed and reported to school. That was the rule then. Now, with the changes, virus exceptions and the NCAA winking at previous rules I don't think anybody outside of the Compliance Department has a solid answer, if they even have one.

• Thanks 1

Gus guy, and we've heard all offseason is how we don't have a true WR1. The timing is a little weird but I could see this as a mutual parting of ways.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:
12 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Presley is a hound dog for leaving . I can’t believe it 

It gives me the GI Blues

I heard that he had a Suspicious Mind about what the offense would be under Harsin

• Haha 2