Auburn's Outgoing Transfers

Zeek

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Interesting. Be curious to see who the OL is. Jones and Council are the two I think we cannot afford to lose. Both should be starters so don't think they will.. but who knows. 

Really hope council will be ready for the season 

27 minutes ago, fredst said:

24A903CB-D0D2-432A-B66E-161187E7906A.gif

We probably have a lot of dead weight there

• Like 1

I'm just about to give up on all this stuff and just cheer for whomever trots on the field the first game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

I'm just about to give up on all this stuff and just cheer for whomever trots on the field the first game.

Other than just conversation, aren't we all?

Wish him luck but man I'd go to about a dozen group of 5 teams before I'd sniff Tennessee.

Don't feel as connected to this one since we never really saw him in action lol.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

Wish him luck but man I'd go to about a dozen group of 5 teams before I'd sniff Tennessee.

Don't feel as connected to this one since we never really saw him in action lol.

It's telling that we developed this weird rivalry with/connection to Tennessee over the last few years of Gus's tenure.

And makes it that much more hilarious that people were pointing to Tennessee as the cautionary tale of what we would become if we made a change. 

Validation is rarely so comprehensive and complete as it has been the last 6 months. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's telling that we developed this weird rivalry with/connection to Tennessee over the last few years of Gus's tenure.

And makes it that much more hilarious that people were pointing to Tennessee as the cautionary tale of what we would become if we made a change. 

Validation is rarely so comprehensive and complete as it has been the last 6 months. 

Tennessee fans are the most audaciously overconfident fanbase on Twitter I've come across. Throughout my entire lifetime I don't recall them ever being any good. Vaguely when I was still in single digits of age but never in my entire adult lifetime.

Can't believe Gus managed to lose to them and to South Carolina last year. Now both of those fanbases are emboldened and it's beyond annoying. Hoping we cream the screeching chickens this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Hoping we cream the screeching chickens this year.

We really need to. I actually like South Carolina fans. They showed up even before Spurrier. I think those years combined with Clemson's sudden and dramatic rise have put them in a weird space. Kind of like Arkansas with Petrino, plus an in-state rival one-upping them and then immediately two-upping them. Actually, it's like a much more extreme version of what we've dealt with. The difference is we've established a track record of every single coach having as much success as you can in the sport, and we've done it mostly with highly inexperienced, no-name yes  men. We didn't need a Spurrier or Petrino to reach the top. Now we might have one. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Tennessee fans are the most audaciously overconfident fanbase on Twitter I've come across. Throughout my entire lifetime I don't recall them ever being any good. Vaguely when I was still in single digits of age but never in my entire adult lifetime.

Have you met the UGA fanbase?  :lol:

38 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Can't believe Gus managed to lose to them and to South Carolina last year. Now both of those fanbases are emboldened and it's beyond annoying. Hoping we cream the screeching chickens this year.

We beat Tennessee last year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Have you met the UGA fanbase?  :lol:

We beat Tennessee last year.

I'm aware, poor punctuation on my part lol. 

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Anotha one

He was one of the names I've heard.  Askew and an OL are the others.

Just now, W.E.D said:

He was one of the names I've heard.  Askew and an OL are the others.

Keith said he's a depth chart casualty. Makes sense honestly. I think McCreary and Miller are the bookends with Pritchett starting in the slot. 

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Keith said he's a depth chart casualty. Makes sense honestly. I think McCreary and Miller are the bookends with Pritchett starting in the slot. 

They are cutting waste. It's all good. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

They are cutting waste. It's all good. 

And upgrading.  Sounds like some processing is going on, wouldn't you say?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is culture. Harsin is removing anyone and anything that doesnt jive with the culture he wants to create. Some of the kids may have been on the fence about whether they wanted to play for Harsin or not. If theyre still on the fence after giving them a chance to see how his team will operate, he’s making the decision for them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

This is culture. Harsin is removing anyone and anything that doesnt jive with the culture he wants to create. Some of the kids may have been on the fence about whether they wanted to play for Harsin or not. If theyre still on the fence after giving them a chance to see how his team will operate, he’s making the decision for them. 

Some are culture, some are kids that just can't break the 2 deep and want to go elsewhere so they can play.

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

And upgrading.

So you do feel with the transfers we are getting we are upgrading?

32 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Strong yes on the DBs we have been swapping out. I'm not sure there are any other positions that i would say we've been swapping players out with. On DL it has been more of getting guys that are perhaps a better fit for our new scheme vs swapping guys out. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Yes........ very much so in some case

• Thanks 1

The defense will have to will us I feel especially being on the road against penn state. 

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

The defense will have to will us I feel especially being on the road against penn state. 

I just realized it will be two former Vanderbilt head coaches going at it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Leota is an upgrade, Fair might be an upgrade, two of the DB's are definitely an upgrade. We will be more talented on D this year then last year and will have two easier games to get used to new system. Losses on O due to graduation and NFL hurts us big time at WR and transfer at QB leaves us with little depth unless we can pull in Finley.

At this point tranfers big upgrade on D and at this time loss on O. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1