Kansas Transfer DE Marcus Harris COMMITTS TO AUBURN !!!

Zeek

14 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

So with the new transfer rule - what’s to stop some one like Saban and the money bags boosters he has going to a small school and saying….look I am going to send players your way for a year, and my boosters are going to donate a lot of money to your football program to updated your facilities.. I am even going to recommend some up and coming coaches for you. I want you to take the players I recommend and teach them in practice, play them in 4 games their first year to redshirt them. If I need them then I will let you know and they will transfer and my booster will donate. But if they need another year or two I will let you know. Don’t worry about recruiting them me and my coaches will take care of that.  You will be my farm system. Technically that is all legal, because the NCAA can’t stop boosters from donating and kids signing with schools. 

I'm pretty sure that this is exactly what used to happen with certain "prep" schools that athletes we directed to in order to get eligible for college ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUinfusion said:

I'm pretty sure that this is exactly what used to happen with certain "prep" schools that athletes we directed to in order to get eligible for college ball.

The practice was called "sign and place". CTT did plenty of it. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

So with the new transfer rule - what’s to stop some one like Saban and the money bags boosters he has going to a small school and saying….look I am going to send players your way for a year, and my boosters are going to donate a lot of money to your football program to updated your facilities.. I am even going to recommend some up and coming coaches for you. I want you to take the players I recommend and teach them in practice, play them in 4 games their first year to redshirt them. If I need them then I will let you know and they will transfer and my booster will donate. But if they need another year or two I will let you know. Don’t worry about recruiting them me and my coaches will take care of that.  You will be my farm system. Technically that is all legal, because the NCAA can’t stop boosters from donating and kids signing with schools. 

I could see somebody like Auburn doing it more than Saban as he already gets one of the top 3 classes year after year. There are not that many 3*s that he could send to a smaller school who would be better than the 4* and 5* players he already has.