OH Memorial Day Ceremony Organizers Cuts off Microphone of Keynote Speaking Veteran As He Begins to Talk About Black American's Contribution to Memorial Day. Organizers Say Mic was cut because the topic "was not relevant to our program for the day"

https://www.stripes.com/Veterans/2021-06-03/Ohio-American-Legion-investigating-decHudson American Legion Auxiliarysion-to-cut-veteran’s-mic-during-Memorial-Day-talk-1630579.html

I mean seriously, this was such an idiotic thing to do. I'm sure the organizer was mad that the veteran was going "woke" and bringing up minorities when the event was supposed to be (in their mind) a celebration of all the white people that have fought and died for American freedom. 

The  lead organizer is trying to defend herself by saying the event was supposed to honor only 'local' veterans and the speaker was going off on an unapproved script, but if that's true, you just don't invite the speaker back in the future, you don't just cut off the microphone mid way into a speech. That was just petty, and is bring a whole lot of extra attention and scrutiny to them. I have a feeling this American Legion unit will have some new leadership very soon. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

there are people actively trying to start a race war in this country and it makes me sick. it scares me because i believe their are way more racists willing to destroy this country than most people realize. if something does not happen i believe this country will destroy itself from within. i have never understood racism and never will. if people would tear down walls they might find most americans are the same barring color and nationality.

• Like 2