Does UCF want to Play us?

aubiefifty

22 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Uhh no, it's a goofy idea. Why in the world would we want to do that ? AU is already "helping him out" to the tune of $20 million left on his buyout. I am more concerned with helping out Coach Harsin get his feet wet and getting off to a good start before he has to deal with this kind of silliness.

19 hours ago, AU9377 said:

AU signed a contract.  Nobody forced anyone to do anything. It would be childish to expect a coach that is let go to not collect what he is owed under the terms of his contract.  You will never hear Gus bad mouth Auburn, which is the way it should be. Likewise, there is no reason that Auburn people should be anything but cordial toward Gus.  Stomping our feet and whining doesn't make us look like the program we strive to be.

There is my original post. Where does it say Gus shouldn't get his money ? Where is the lack of cordiality towards Gus ? None of that is there. Where is the whining and stomping of feet ? Being of the opinion that AU playing UCF is a goofy idea isn't either of those. It is a goofy idea.  

• WarTiger changed the title to Does UCF want to Play us?
49 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

There is my original post. Where does it say Gus shouldn't get his money ? Where is the lack of cordiality towards Gus ? None of that is there. Where is the whining and stomping of feet ? Being of the opinion that AU playing UCF is a goofy idea isn't either of those. It is a goofy idea.  

Not everything is directed toward you. AU isn't helping him out.  AU is fulfilling its contractual obligations.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I definitely disagree and I’ve been to both. To each their own .

I've been to MB several times.  For the life of me I cannot understand why they built it in a hole hidden from public view from the day to day person that is traveling thru Atlanta. The atmosphere in the place just sucks.  Granted, you can get good food and drink all you want.  However, I'm not usually there to do either more than I am to watch the game.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Not everything is directed toward you. AU isn't helping him out.  AU is fulfilling its contractual obligations.

Ahh, the "helping him out" part was a tongue in cheek comment so I used quotes to signify that, lol. It was a reference to those who had said it would be helping him out to play them. I suppose I could have highlighted it in yellow to further the point. With respect to the contract, I have been consistent since Dec., we signed the contract and we have to honor it. 

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2021 at 3:38 PM, aubiefifty said:

it appears gus wants a two for one with auburn. this came from a ucf cat. it could be rumor but what an awesome topic for discussion. WHY? revenge? it could be nothing bad but why you were let go why would you want to come back? and this quick.

Lets give it to them and beat them within an inch of their lives.  Gus is so arrogant about his system.  UCF is one of the best Group of Fives schools.  they are a four win team in the SEC and everyone in the SEC will easily be able to shut down his high school offense

• Like 1

The only Auburn game I’ve been to in Atlanta was the…UCF game…but I would say everything except the fans and the players were pretty preferable to the JHS  experience

I think it just depends on the game and how many times you’ve seen an Aub game. I definitely wouldn’t want to go to an Iron Bowl or DSOR there. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DAG said:

The fact that you think he is a bigger man speaks volumes . He has no reason to bad mouth Auburn . The university only gave him his first shot to be a HC at a premier school and a very rich human being. He should be thankful as hell for Auburn.

And Auburn fans should cheer for the new staff and drop the Gus hate crap. It's a low-class, distasteful look.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

And Auburn fans should cheer for the new staff and drop the Gus hate crap. It's a low-class, distasteful look.

Do you call it low class when we Auburn fans hate on Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, any other coach? 

• Facepalm 1

On 6/9/2021 at 7:17 AM, aubiefifty said:

well what would your hard no be?

If Gus was at a different school. The risk/reward for playing (and potentially losing) to a Gus led team from UCF is different than playing a Gus led team from say a UCLA or Texas for example. In other words, IF we didn’t mind playing against him it would really need to be a marquee blue blood matchup. No good comes from playing UCF with him there. 

Gus aside, until we are able to restore consistency to our program I think we should ease up on our OOC schedule.  We consistently play 3 or more top 10 teams every year, then add a school like PSU or Oregon on top of that. I’m ready for 10 and 11 win seasons and our schedule ain’t helping that. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Gus aside, until we are able to restore consistency to our program I think we should ease up on our OOC schedule.  We consistently play 3 or more top 10 teams every year, then add a school like PSU or Oregon on top of that. I’m ready for 10 and 11 win seasons and our schedule ain’t helping that. 

Adding schools like that is a big reason recruiting works. Two undefeated teams, going into a white out is premier TV. Also winning games like that actually helps us in case we lose to a Bama or UGA down the road. It gives us the benefit of a doubt. 

I wish our fans understood that elite talent WANTS to go up against elite talent. They want to be on TV any chance they get to not only get film, but show out. Competitors do not think to themselves "We need four easy games." That wouldn't even be Auburn like. Arkansas is playing Texas, LSU is playing UCLA, UGA is playing Clemson, Alabama is playing Miami. You get to this point to be able to schedule games like this and play on national tv.

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

If Gus was at a different school. The risk/reward for playing (and potentially losing) to a Gus led team from UCF is different than playing a Gus led team from say a UCLA or Texas for example. In other words, IF we didn’t mind playing against him it would really need to be a marquee blue blood matchup. No good comes from playing UCF with him there. 

usually i agree most of the time but here is where i am at. ucf spanked us in a bowl game and i would like the chance to return the favor.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Do you call it low class when we Auburn fans hate on Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, any other coach? 

Apples and oranges. Which of those coaches was HC at AU? I don't recall as much animosity towards Tot Bowden, a coach who walked away during the season, as I see from some folks towards Malzahn. You and a few other members of your clique are getting way past the sell by date on the constant display of your absolute obsession with Gus. And it IS you and your clique that is obsessed. Let it go already.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Apples and oranges. Which of those coaches was HC at AU? I don't recall as much animosity towards Tot Bowden, a coach who walked away during the season, as I see from some folks towards Malzahn. You and a few other members of your clique are getting way past the sell by date on the constant display of your absolute obsession with Gus. And it IS you and your clique that is obsessed. Let it go already.

I don’t care about what he use to do. I know what he is now. Listen I know you are hurt because last year you looked like a complete fool trying to promote this guy and ended up with egg in your face . I can also tell you are absolutely chomping at the bits about this “rumor” because you yourself are a self proclaimed Gus fan and I partially believe you really don’t want CBH to succeed (that is cool). But this is a topic about Gus. So I will comment about Gus. And if you don’t like it , you can go to the UCF forum with all the other pro Gus fans. 

Edited by DAG
  • Facepalm 1

38 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

What's funny to me is the last half of Gus' tenure, when many were criticizing Gus, there were a number that defended him and the s*** show he continued to produce. We were told over and over that we were wrong, we weren't true Auburn fans, and not to criticize OUR coach (after all, he broke records).  When everything we were saying has been proven true and Gus was removed due to the exact inabilities and deficiencies we were bringing up, we are now told by the same defenders to move along.  

So no, we will not move on until Gus' fingerprints and damage has been removed from OUR program. His damage continues to influence the team and therefore will be continues to be discussed. Acknowledge that the Gus defenders were incredibly wrong and he put us in a huge hole trying to move forward and accept the crow or double down like a certain clown. Why keep defending and protecting the failed ex Coach?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

Go to the 5:08 minute mark of this video. This is what we are walking into next year, POST COVID. The stadium will be rocking and full to the brim. But we got an individual Gus fan proclaiming AU is scared to play UCF (A supposed Auburn Fan). We are scared to face UCF like Canelo Alvarez is scared to fight Jake Paul. I know you guys like to call some of us Bammers, who highlight the excellence of their play. I am going to start calling some of you Gusbusters for the continuous irrational apologetics of a man, who left this program a hot mess for the next guy.

BTW: an SEC team who would love and probably jump at this match up. Arkansas. Go call them and play them. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

the point is loyalty. most older cats including myself grew up watching auburn get hammered often so they got used to it even if they did not like it. i think when many folks say loyalty to gus they mean loyalty to auburn. gus was a gamble and i think we all knew that. the boogie man is not gus but leath. gus tried and failed and lets remember he was shocked when he was terminated. he beat saban and he brought good players in who were mostly class acts. he helped us win a natty and almost won another. i have been disappointed in gus but i know he fell short. if i ever ran into him i would thank him for all the good things he did and let the bad rest. it is called class. and admit it or not the anti gus folks got pretty crappy. they hoped auburn would lose all their games to get gus run off. they hoped he would die for the same reason. hell they made fun of his wife. so as a whole i am not sure who is supposedly worse. and those that supported gus even tho they were not happy with him did not like the losses. good grief. most were not happy with gus and his mostly eight wins a year. they just support who is there until they are gone. i would bet my behind mikey will support coach harsin just as hard as he did gus. it is the love for auburn and gus is just a cog in that wheel. i am not sure you guys will ever get it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2021 at 5:14 PM, DAG said:

Also this is a great thread to expose the Gus fans 

As well as those brushing Doritos off their belly while cyber crushing opposing opinions. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i would bet my behind mikey will support coach harsin just as hard as he did gus.

That’s laughable 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

That’s laughable 

ok i will bite. why not?

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We were told over and over that we were wrong, we weren't true Auburn fans, and not to criticize OUR coach (after all, he broke records). 

Show me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

ok i will bite. why not?

These are the same people blindly saying we should all accept mediocrity or else we possibly could turn into Tennessee. Accept a coach getting paid top tier money whom refused to adapt based on his ego. Now they are saying how we shouldn’t feel some type of way about how he left Auburn. That is a guy who you are saying is loyal to Auburn ? 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

Just now, CleCoTiger said:

Show me.

I wouldn't even know where to begin, it populated the board since 2015. It's everywhere. Intentional blindness doesn't equate to being correct.

• Haha 1