Does UCF want to Play us?

aubiefifty

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Adding schools like that is a big reason recruiting works. Two undefeated teams, going into a white out is premier TV. Also winning games like that actually helps us in case we lose to a Bama or UGA down the road. It gives us the benefit of a doubt. 

And as Harsin restocks our roster and restores us to an annual contender I’m all for those games. Beating Oregon in a thriller in Jerry’s world could’ve elevated our recruiting, but it didn’t because we couldn’t sustain the momentum the past two seasons. If we beat PSU in a prime time white out that’s a huge potential recruiting tool, but not if we finish 3-5 in the SEC and get rolled by our recruiting rivals. I’m a huge fan of this staff and believe they will change that paradigm. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 4

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

Beating Oregon in a thriller in Jerry’s world could’ve elevated our recruiting, but it didn’t because we couldn’t sustain the momentum the past two seasons.

That is not an Auburn issue. That is a failure on the previous coach. You think beating 4 cupcakes and going 3-5 in the SEC will be better?

On 6/8/2021 at 4:14 PM, DAG said:

Also this is a great thread to expose the Gus fans 

Look no further than the post above this one. 

Just now, DAG said:

You think beating 4 cupcakes and going 3-5 in the SEC will be better?

It was for 8 years for some.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That is not an Auburn issue. That is a failure on the previous coach. You think beating 4 cupcakes and going 3-5 in the SEC will be better?

Please go back to my original post on the subject. I’m all for big OOC games when our program gets restored to consistency. This thread is about the potential to add yet another 10 win team to what is already one of the nations toughest schedules, while we’re rebuilding the roster and culture. I’m not for that right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

when our program gets restored to consistency.

And 110% disagree with you. I also think players come here because they get to play Penn State on national TV. Last year Arkansas was suppose to play Notre Dame. But you are advocating that we shouldn't play a decent OOC power 5 opponent until consistency is restored? I would argue what culture are you trying to build by making a statement like that?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I believe it's called "a difference of opinion."  Some of us "Gus bussers" are old enough to remember losing to bama 9 years in a row and know that Malzahn has had more success against Saban than any other coach. And ya know, to get to the SEC Championship and have a shot at bigger things, you pretty much have to beat bama. Some of us think the anti-Gussers ought to be careful what they ask for because they just might get it. I don't know why the broken record ant-Gussers don't get that. 😛

This is your words during the heat of Gus end of his tenure. We know how you feel about him and always will feel about him. This is also a Gus thread . If you aren’t obsessed with him like you say then why did you even come in here to defend him ?

i am not defending gus for the last time ok? i am defending class. and i am defending mikey. the point is we all have differing points of view. god forbid if someone should disagree with anyone about gus. i understand there was some gus sunshine pumpers. i will always love the highs gus brought us. now i am fully behind harsin. hell i want to play ucf and i will fully expect to spank gus. but no this is not a sunshine pumping thread. what? we cannot even talk about the man anymore? the kick six is not any luckier than punt bama punt and that is a moment i will cherish. both actually. and if anyone paid attention i was done with gus over gatewood but i am not gonna bash him every single time his name pops up. and it gets old trying to explain the not being happy with gus but loyal to auburn.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am not defending gus for the last time ok? i am defending class. and i am defending mikey. the point is we all have differing points of view. god forbid if someone should disagree with anyone about gus. i understand there was some gus sunshine pumpers. i will always love the highs gus brought us. now i am fully behind harsin. hell i want to play ucf and i will fully expect to spank gus. but no this is not a sunshine pumping thread. what? we cannot even talk about the man anymore? the kick six is not any luckier than punt bama punt and that is a moment i will cherish. both actually. and if anyone paid attention i was done with gus over gatewood but i am not gonna bash him every single time his name pops up. and it gets old trying to explain the not being happy with gus but loyal to auburn.

Man learn how to follow a forum. This post has nothing to do with you. That was to Cleo. Further, the people that you are DEFENDING are saying we should not talk about Gus. 

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

or the Barfield days?

I am. I never stopped caring about Auburn football when Barfield was here. I actually stopped watching Auburn games last year because of Malzahn's incompetence. This is the first year I've been optimistic about the program since 2014.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i will always love the highs gus brought us.

Same but could never quite get the 2016 vs uga stench away. 
See no benefit for Auburn in us vs UCF deal...especially one that involves us playing at their place. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DAG said:

You can’t imagine that? People were saying we might as well keep Gus when MC loss to Oregon state  or when P.J. Fleck started 0-2. It is well documented. 

I see that as a different scenario.  You have a known entity in Gus and an unknown entity in our new coach that has not yet been announced and everyone is speculating.   I believe once CBH was announced we put Gus in the rearview.   Does not mean we cannot bash him though.  6 month rule applies.   Wait, it has been 6 months.   9 month rule applies.  

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, casatiger said:

I see that as a different scenario.  You have a known entity in Gus and an unknown entity in our new coach that has not yet been announced and everyone is speculating.   I believe once CBH was announced we put Gus in the rearview.   Does not mean we cannot bash him though.  6 month rule applies.   Wait, it has been 6 months.   9 month rule applies.  

Agreed lol . Two year rule is allowed IMO. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I am. I never stopped caring about Auburn football when Barfield was here. I actually stopped watching Auburn games last year because of Malzahn's incompetence. This is the first year I've been optimistic about the program since 2014.

Me too.  Last year the UGA game proved to be unwatchable.  From the offensiveness of the HC's alleged "offense" to the sight of the DL getting blown off the ball as if they had on roller skates instead of cleats, I couldn't take the incompetance any more.  Turned the game off, deleted the recording of it & went outside to do some yardwork.  Good riddance to the fool.  And, for the record, that's not "hate" directed at him -- it's observational truth.  

I ... can't ... wait ... for the season to start!  So anxious to see the new look AU football under CBH & Co.!  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Turned the game off, deleted the recording of it & went outside to do some yardwork.

Got burned out on the “yardwork” therapy in 2012....

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Got burned out on the “yardwork” therapy in 2012....

Deer hunting, fishing, yard work.....it all thrived during the last decade. My fly casting and bow shooting really benefited from Gus’ tenure. And, my yard looks freakin’ awesome....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, fredst said:

Deer hunting, fishing, yard work.....it all thrived during the last decade. My fly casting and bow shooting really benefited from Gus’ tenure. And, my yard looks freakin’ awesome....

I started a hellova aluminum recycling program as well.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, DAG said:

At one time we were all huge Gus supporters and now we aren’t for good reason so why do people keep defending him.

Who is defending Gus? He's not at Auburn any more, in case you haven't noticed. The only time he crosses my mind is when you Gus haters bring him up, over and over and over. If you can't let it go, seek therapy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Who is defending Gus? He's not at Auburn any more, in case you haven't noticed. The only time he crosses my mind is when you Gus haters bring him up, over and over and over. If you can't let it go, seek therapy.

I thought you didn’t believe in therapy? Go to bed old man. 

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I thought you didn’t believe in therapy dunce? Go to bed old man. 

I don't believe in therapy, but maybe some head cases ought to try it. They say if something is so deeply ingrained in someone's brain that they can't get over it the only hope is a quiet, extended stay in the nuthouse.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I don't believe in therapy, but maybe some head cases ought to try it. They say if something is so deeply ingrained in someone's brain that they can't get over it the only hope is a quiet, extended stay in the nuthouse.

I work in mental health and you sound like a complete dumbass. This is a football thread related to Gus, so of course we will speak about Gus. You need to stop talking out of your ass. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Some of the best advice I’ll give to younger dudes and dudets is when you get out of a long term relationship, no matter the outcome, the best thing you can do is put it behind you and never mention it to the next girl/guy you date.  Enjoy the memories but don’t bring them up in convo no matter how relevant it is to the situation.  You’ll just end up in a fight 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Some of the best advice I’ll give to younger dudes and dudets is when you get out of a long term relationship, no matter the outcome, the best thing you can do is put it behind you and never mention it to the next girl/guy you date.  Enjoy the memories but don’t bring them up in convo no matter how relevant it is to the situation.  You’ll just end up in a fight 

This thread was titled GUS wants to play Auburn per some UCF guy . If you look at the initial responses, it’s basically a rejection to even want to deal with Gus. Then you get two of the same characters who come in the thread and say “you guys need to get over Gus.” Does that make sense when the thread was about Gus wanting to play Auburn? It’s not like we are the ones creating the threads about Gus. And these same individuals go into every Gus thread with the same position. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1