Our guys are getting sponsors already

WFE12

51 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Yep- with everyone making booze again you don't have to go to the speakeasy (Alabama) you can go to the corner market (ole miss) and enjoy it just the same.

You ever been in a speakeasy?

29 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

You can disagree and say the NCAA is corporation with the only goal of making money or w/e conspiracy are out there . But it is in fact a body financed and ruled on by the vote of the coalition of universities. And the purpose and mission statement is available with a Google. 

“Our mission, or core purpose, is to regulate intercollegiate athletics in a manner that enhances the role of US higher education as a critical national enterprise in a competitive global environment; ensuring that competition is fair, safe, sportsmanlike

That might be their mission in wording, but I go off of actions, which you can google too. It’s hilarious how fans want to say the NCAA goal is for fairness, but let them do something that might bring an advantage for a rival opponent. I guarantee you that stance will change. 

as an example see NCAA ruling on UNC infractions, but they are totally fair. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's a free for all. There's nothing to stop any player from making any deal he can make.

There will be no fairness, it's now become a bidding war. First place this will be noticed is in recruiting.

The NCAA has no control, the Supreme Court is in charge.

To a point you're right but it's never been fairly regulated. Schools and rogue boosters are doing what they could get away with for the most part anyway. The players being allowed to make a deal is not a concern of mine, I'm all for that. I just hope it doesn't detract from attention to detail over the long haul. Suddenly getting money if you haven't been can make some heads spin. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

That might be their mission in wording, but I go off of actions, which you can google too. It’s hilarious how fans want to say the NCAA goal is for fairness, but let them do something that might bring an advantage for a rival opponent. I guarantee you that stance will change. 

as an example see NCAA ruling on UNC infractions, but they are totally fair. 

I'm not worried about strengths and merrits of punishment. I'm more worried about the future of the Auburn program in recruiting.  While Auburn fans are discussing $100 handshakes at Toomers others are looking at long-term,  sustainable practices.  Like a steady avenue to luxury cars, homes, vacations and 4 year packages that include 5 figure endorsement deals. I don't see Auburn being capable of offering the same type of packages that will allow them to remain competitive at the upper tier. For example UCLA got more than double the money per year from Under Armor that Auburn got.  How is Bruce going to recruit against that? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Hilarious to me that a guy making millions on the backs of the athletes is so against allowing the athletes to make money. You'd think someone would 

He is trying to clean it up now but I hope some of these players remember he called them entitled 

28 minutes ago, gr82be said:

To a point you're right but it's never been fairly regulated. Schools and rogue boosters are doing what they could get away with for the most part anyway. The players being allowed to make a deal is not a concern of mine, I'm all for that. I just hope it doesn't detract from attention to detail over the long haul. Suddenly getting money if you haven't been can make some heads spin. 

It's only going to get worse. Bending the rules to advantage isn't going away. 

16 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

I'm not worried about strengths and merrits of punishment. I'm more worried about the future of the Auburn program in recruiting.  While Auburn fans are discussing $100 handshakes at Toomers others are looking at long-term,  sustainable practices.  Like a steady avenue to luxury cars, homes, vacations and 4 year packages that include 5 figure endorsement deals. I don't see Auburn being capable of offering the same type of packages that will allow them to remain competitive at the upper tier. For example UCLA got more than double the money per year from Under Armor that Auburn got.  How is Bruce going to recruit against that? 

then why is UCLA suing them?

I don’t see how this ties into your statement of fairness by the NCAA. Do you think the NCAA has been fair in the last ten years ? 

Bruce Pearl of all people can figure out how to navigate in this landscape. 

Edited by DAG

2 hours ago, AUGoo said:

You think it has been THAT bad?

I guess I've enjoyed my head in the sand long enough.  Sure would like for it to go back.

I will not name the school, player, or the year publicly on this forum, but I can confirm that a well known player would meet a nice man in a nice truck once a week outside of his off-campus apartment for his $250 envelope. 100% true. 

17 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

I think we are going to see a mix between what the player can make, who the player wants to play for, and can they win.

Let's say a player could get more endorsements or whatever we want to call it at a place like UCLA, but he likes Bruce more, thinks he can win more here, and can still get endorsements here. Another layer to that could be the pipeline to the pros.

These endorsements and such will be a factor in where kids go, but it won't be the only one. 

Zakoby McClain - Jenloop.com where you can get personalized messages from him (think Cameo)

Devan Cambridge (basketball), Ladarrius Tennison, Devan Barrett, Zion Puckett, and Joko Willis have joined Yoke as well.

Derrian Gobourne (national championship gymnast) - Salute Leos - a leotard company and they're giving her a custom design to sell as well.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I am interested to see the dynamic of how this plays out with female athletes.  Is talent or beauty gonna command more  benefits?

Before the world got woke with social media and SJW's/White Knights, etc. That would be an easy one. Chris Evert of B.J. King? Navratolova or Anna PKournakova? Pretty obvious.

Now with plus size models/transgender women in SI and VS, who the hell knows?

2 hours ago, AUBourne said:

The whole reason the NCAA exists is to insure fairness. So something has to change. In 10 years college sports will look nothing like it does today. Maybe Auburn gets to restart their rivalries with Tulane and Suwanee and we can finally stop worrying about Alabama. 

This is hilarious

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Derrian Gobourne (national championship gymnast) - Salute Leos - a leotard company and they're giving her a custom design to sell as well.

Love seeing this! It goes to show that not just the major money sports athletes will benefit from this as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

I'm so happy for these kids man. People were afraid of Bo Nix posing with a ******* sweet tea and Shivers joining a small time gaming group? Lmao.

Cool thing about that gaming group, and I just know cuz I shortly interned there, one of the co-founders is an Auburn grad 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Love seeing this! It goes to show that not just the major money sports athletes will benefit from this as well.

It is so many different avenues for these young men it’s great. That Bo Nix photo still makes me laugh . He going to try to market the crap out of that beverage haha 

• Like 2

Does the thought of now that kids can get some money we don't have to worry as much about the under handed stuff?

• Like 2

A person would have to incredibly simple to think that is true. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Does the thought of now that kids can get some money we don't have to worry as much about the under handed stuff?

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is so many different avenues for these young men it’s great. That Bo Nix photo still makes me laugh . He going to try to market the crap out of that beverage haha 

I'm ecstatic about all of this. I don't participate much on the football forum but I've definitely been keeping up with this topic. It's about damn time that the players that put their health on the line can at least get some monetary value out of it. Should have happened many years ago but I'm just happy that it's *finally* happening.

• Like 2

Yeah they are not only toothless but corrupt, and constantly playing favorites. And it has always been that way. There will always be those bending and breaking rules. A free for all though is not better in my mind. 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It's done a pretty poor job!

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It's done a pretty poor job!

I'll never forgive them for what they did to Sharife. Eff the NCAA.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2