Fall Practice Observations and Videos

toddc

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

By game manager I mean that I don’t think they’re ever going to build the offensive scheme around him making tons of difficult throws and decisions. But at the same time, I’m thinking that you’re going to see him make a lot less boneheaded decisions. I just don’t see him being bad enough to warrant sitting him and bringing in another QB. 

It might now be bad enough, but moreso not good enough. 

If he's still 60% comp and like a 2:1 td/int I don't think that's going to cut it. 

I do think/hope he'll be better than that and has the ability to be. I thi k he can make hard throws and make plays for this team. But if he's in the aforementioned stat range I don't think he'll start the 2nd half of the PSU game

I think Bo starts every game for the next 2 years barring injury. I think we see him progressively get better week in and week out as he develops chemistry with these receivers and has more than one read on a pass play. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wcware said:

I think Bo starts every game for the next 2 years barring injury. I think we see him progressively get better week in and week out as he develops chemistry with these receivers and has more than one read on a pass play. 

I think he’s gone after this season unless he has a catastrophic year, which I don’t see happening 

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Agree, but things will leak. Players usually talk about the Scrimmage in interviews after. There will be some highlights from Auburn media hyping the program. 

It's going to be real news/football for the first time since April 

Yes, probably true. We just need to realize (as we saw earlier) partial quotes from people can be made to tell an untrue story.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I think he’s gone after this season unless he has a catastrophic year, which I don’t see happening 

Don't see any NFL team drafting him based on his current resume. He will need to take a big step forward this season. 

Also don't think he leaves without his degree. He might be on track to graduate in three, but I don't know that. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Bo is poised to pop off this season! amirite @abw0004?

Many of you are about to be reminded why my man crush, Bolicious Nix, was a 5* in high school.  He knows how to make plays on the run and when things break down, he is doing all he can to win that play.  If he trusts his OL more this year and takes in Bobo’s coaching, LOOK OUT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Don't see any NFL team drafting him based on his current resume. He will need to take a big step forward this season. 

Also don't think he leaves without his degree. He might be on track to graduate in three, but I don't know that. 

I hear Bo will likely use his extra covid year just to really rustle some jimmies. His own way of giving back.

We going to the promised land tho.

Shuffling for a purpose

Bryan Matthews • AuburnSports
Senior Editor

AUBURN | It’s a lesson Bryan Harsin learned early in his coaching career.

As the quarterback coach and offensive coordinator for Boise State in 2008, Harsin had to overcome a number of injuries to the offensive line that forced them to use 11 different starting combinations in 12 games.

Still, Harsin helped the Broncos finish the regular season 12-0 with the only defeat coming to TCU 17-16 in the Poinsettia Bowl.

“That's something that's always stuck with me that you've got to be prepared for that,” said Harsin, who will begin his first season as Auburn’s head coach against Akron Sept. 4. “It's not ideal. You'd love to have the same five every game, but, you know, those guys do need to be ready.”

Council has returned from knee and shoulder injuries to compete for a starting position.

Council has returned from knee and shoulder injuries to compete for a starting position. (Todd Van Emst/Auburn athletics)

Harsin and offensive line coach Will Friend’s first goal during camp is finding the best five offensive linemen and getting them in the best positions.

Then it’s about identifying the sixth, seventh, eight lineman and so on in the pecking order. By shuffling linemen between different positions, it increases the odds of being able to get the sixth-best linemen on the field in case one of the starters is injured.

For example, let’s say Brandon Council wins the starting position at right guard and Keiondre Jones, who started seven games at right guard after Council was injured last season, ends up AU’s sixth option.

If the starting right tackle is injured, Council could move out to that position and allow Jones to step into his more natural spot.

“I think it’s good for the offensive line,” said Council. You saw last year when I went down a lot of positions had to change. I think it’s going to be good moving forward because you never know when an injury is going to happen. You always have guys work at different positions so they’re going to know what to do when you plug them in and play.”

There’s another advantage to cross-training offensive linemen and that’s learning what the other players on the offensive line are doing and their responsibilities on a particular play.

“Just learning what the guy next to me has to do helps me understand my game better,” said Brodarious Hamm, who started eight games at right tackle last season. “In the long run, I might have to play guard, tackle. Just knowing both roles will help me and the team a lot.”

The cross-training could occur during a practice team period or during a couple of periods of position drills. It can include giving a player a look at a different position or giving a current backup an opportunity to show what he can do on the first team.

“So this guy got three reps on it at guard; now he's going to get three reps on it at tackle,” explained Harsin. “I think it helps them get a better understanding of the communication, the work that those two have to do together. And then also for us as well, it allows us a little bit of freedom to be able to move guys around and say, 'Alright, here's the best five.' And they understand it.

“At this point for the o-line and d-line, who are the best guys? Who are the toughest guys? Who are the guys that can go out there and be the most consistent up front. That's one of the things right now we're trying to figure it out.”

Auburn will hold its first scrimmage Saturday at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Yes, probably true. We just need to realize (as we saw earlier) partial quotes from people can be made to tell an untrue story.

Yeah, but like what happened to Tom, the entire quote quickly came out by another beat writer and he deleted it. So, the story got corrected when the entire quote was released. 

Seems HS coaches are being invited so hopefully they talk to friends

54 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

As of now he’s a projected 7th round pick 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

As of now he’s a projected 7th round pick 

Exactly why he will have to improve his stock by a wide margin in order for it to make sense to leave.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, but like what happened to Tom, the entire quote quickly came out by another beat writer and he deleted it. So, the story got corrected when the entire quote was released. 

Seems HS coaches are being invited so hopefully they talk to friends

Story wasn’t corrected by him apparently. Would have to be an idiot not to see how he wrote the quote was not the correct story. He may be many things, but an idiot probably is not one of them.

50 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Story wasn’t corrected by him apparently. Would have to be an idiot not to see how he wrote the quote was not the correct story. He may be many things, but an idiot probably is not one of them.

Yeah, that's what I said. I missed the original tweet bc it was deleted. 

But he tweeted it, another article was written with the entire quote, he deleted his bc it wasn't the full story. 

LMAO. Bo will have to show he can throw a ball. Let's start there, then let's work up to the NFL. Let's see him at least be decent at a forward pass first

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

LMAO. Bo will have to show he can throw a ball. Let's start there, then let's work up to the NFL. Let's see him at least be decent at a forward pass first

Right, there absolutely nothing showing he's a lock to leave after this year. 

He'd have to have a year most homers don't even think is possible 

11 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

So the scrimmage must be top secret I haven’t seen anything from beat writers.

They probably want another hat 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

So the scrimmage must be top secret I haven’t seen anything from beat writers.

Under the lights 

• Like 3

pardon me but i have to say one of the highly rated dual threat qb's of last season does not get to where he was by being lazy. that is one of the dumbest things i have ever heard. and i thought we did not trash players on here?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

pardon me but i have to say one of the highly rated dual threat qb's of last season does not get to where he was by being lazy. that is one of the dumbest things i have ever heard. and i thought we did not trash players on here?

You're not wrong

31 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Read obvious sarcasm better

45 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I believe they scrimmage tonight

Well That’s different