Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

2 hours ago, au302 said:

Good read, thanks for posting. I like how they addressed it head on. We can talk until we're blue in the face about the reason for the divide. That won't change the fact that it's still here and not going anywhere. My personal opinion, it's political. Everything in this country is political. Both sides are guilty of it. Anyone who argues otherwise is naive. The last administration did a fantastic job of getting the vaccine safely and quickly produced. I'll give them that. However, I completely understand why people are hesitant. Each person has to make that decision for them and their family

And no game or any amount of money is more important then the safety of everyone. Auburn university is not the parents of it's students, it is and should be a PERSONAL DECISION... the selfishness on these boards are sad.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, muxi87 said:

the only reason I haven’t donated to this site is the rampant liberalism

LMAO

this might be the most hilarious post I've read here 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, japantiger said:

So a lot of you guys are in favor of forcing an adult to submit to a medical procedure they don't need against their will so you can watch them play a game and shake a pom pom and feel like you're young again...uuuhhhumm... Rod Serling turned this down as an episode in 1960 because he thought it was too absurb.

You were forced to get a few medical procedures in order to attend classes at Auburn University.

How is this different? It's basic public safety 

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You were forced to get a few medical procedures in order to attend classes at Auburn University.

The problem is it’s been used as political ammunition by both sides. We can’t put that genie back in the bottle now. We are paying the price for our leaders need to stay in power by pandering to their bases…. Both damn sides

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

I wish all the kids were vaccinated even though I don’t believe it should be mandated on them. This is their chance and after everything they have been through together to achieve the same goal, I would think it would be an easy TEAM decision 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, muxi87 said:

I’ll chime in…the only reason I haven’t donated to this site is the rampant liberalism.  It’s sickening.  Why can’t people on this board skip the politics and talk football?  It’s the only board I frequent that is so liberally slanted that it’s just sick and annoying.  This is the USA.  People are free to do as they want.  At least they should be.  Get over it…

I am out of likes, so LIKE!!!!

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

For everyone, including the athletes themselves.  We are pretending that there is a scientific debate concerning the safety of these vaccines.  There is not.

College kid in my neighborhood ended up in the hospital with an enlarged heart so let’s not pretend there are no potential problems. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Society and general well being….

Many things would be good for society in general. You are for mandating all of those things on citizens, Comrade?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

Vaccine mandates are controlling.

The vacccine does NOT and will NOT prevent anyone from getting Covid...it never has and was not developed for such purpose.  Some of you need to live in my shoes as a health care provider who has ran a Covid clinic 1.5 years.  Out of our + tests in the past 3-4 weeks, roughy 30-40% of those are vaccinated people.  Some sick, some not

Hospital I'm working at just changed it's rules to everyone wearing an N95 mask everywhere/all the time, not just in covid halls, or normal ID dept. So all the personalized masks everyone was wearing are out now 😕 

Main reason for them making the change is all the vaccinated employees getting covid with 0 symptoms and spreading the virus unknowingly. It's became harder to trace each case now due to the vaccine, before everyone who had a fever, developed a cough, lost sense of taste or smell, etc would be tested. Now we get a ton of vaxxed individuals with 0 symptoms come to work and find out waaayyy too late that they were covid +.

Also, I skipped a page or two, but no one has posted factual knowledge that AG or Harsin have not been vaccinated right? This is all just speculation?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, muxi87 said:

I’ll chime in…the only reason I haven’t donated to this site is the rampant liberalism.  It’s sickening.  Why can’t people on this board skip the politics and talk football?  It’s the only board I frequent that is so liberally slanted that it’s just sick and annoying.  This is the USA.  People are free to do as they want.  At least they should be.  Get over it…

What a bummer. I bet they're missing out on so much money. And quality content. 

Lol at the "personal responsibility" crowd turning into the "respect my decision" crowd. Would love for y'all to decide whether you think adults should put on their big boy and girl pants and live with their decisions or not.

The overlap is also heavy with the "he missed a meaningless bowl game to protect his health for the draft and even though his teammates said it's totally cool he's dead to me" crowd and the "he should be allowed to miss two weeks of critical prep or even regular season because freedom of choice" crowd.

(Narrator: It's all completely the same crowd )

We're all hypocrites to some degree but y'all are really stepping up your game on this issue. SaaaaaaLUTE! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

It was my choice. I did not object. See, that's how this works. Consent. Have these adult athletes violated a university policy by their failure to consent? The answer is no. Adults make choices and live with the consequences.   Kind of like folks who made bad choices for 40 years by eating too much,  exercising and being outside too little,  and getting riddled with other diseases that do put them at risk of respiratory illness. This is just the 1st time society has asked others to hibernate and take unneeded medical procedures to compensate for their bad life choices. 

Young healthy people are at no risk from Covid and as pointed out by others, and the CDC, the vaccine does not prevent you from being a carrier with identical viral loads.  

War Eagle. 

• Thanks 1

I’m so proud for Harsin for not caving into pressure of this political stuff that even the Governor has done! He has a strong spine Harsin does. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, wcware said:

The problem is it’s been used as political ammunition by both sides. We can’t put that genie back in the bottle now. We are paying the price for our leaders need to stay in power by pandering to their bases…. Both damn sides

Reality and public health aren't political agendas. Allowing that messaging to continue is possibly the biggest problem this country faces right now. Don't like the truth? Watch the right news entertainment channel and join the right Facebook groups and get coddled by a bunch of fellow football fans and you don't have to deal with it.

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Reality and public health aren't political agendas. Allowing that messaging to continue is possibly the biggest problem this country faces right now. Don't like the truth? Watch the right news entertainment channel and join the right Facebook groups and get coddled by a bunch of fellow football fans and you don't have to deal with it.

My opinions aren’t changing. I love you brother, but we don’t agree. I wish all our football players were vaccinated because they made the choice to be vaccinated not because they were made to.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eaglenest said:

And no game or any amount of money is more important then the safety of everyone. Auburn university is not the parents of it's students, it is and should be a PERSONAL DECISION... the selfishness on these boards are sad.

Why is it not a "personal decision" as to whether or not to be vaccinated for other things? Why, in your mind, is this different?  Why is a TB test not a personal decision?  Why is proof of MMR vaccine not a personal decision?

https://cws.auburn.edu/aumc/pm/Students

Edited by AU9377

1 minute ago, wcware said:

My opinions aren’t changing. I love you brother, but we don’t agree. I wish all our football players were vaccinated because they made the choice to be vaccinated not because they were made to.

You do know there's a third choice, right?

When did being a scholarship athlete stop being the privilege everyone loves to say it is and start being a god given right?

I'm not sure what your opinions have been on prior issues but do check for blind spots to be safe.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, japantiger said:

the vaccine does not prevent you from being a carrier with identical viral loads

That's a completely misunderstanding of what they are actually saying.

Yes, a vaccinated person can get covid and spread it. Leaving out the most important part, that the vaccine actually drastically reduces the virus from actually infecting you and becoming a carrier. That's That's whole darn point of the 95% efficacy during trials.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, japantiger said:

It was my choice

It wasn't your choice. You got those vaccines as a baby or one year old

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is no big deal? Saban tested positive twice and missed the IRON BOWL. Harsin won't even miss a game. 

Him getting COVID is not a big deal.  The big deal was his refusal to be a leader on the issue to begin with. Nobody is saying that it is something he can't learn from or that he won't have every opportunity to be an outstanding coach at Auburn.  However, he will justifiably take some criticism for refusing to lead on this issue.  Anybody would be criticized in the same manner and it is amplified by the coaches at bama and uga making the right decision on this issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You do know there's a third choice, right?

When did being a scholarship athlete stop being the privilege everyone loves to say it is and start being a god given right?

I'm not sure what your opinions have been on prior issues but do check for blind spots to be safe.

Ok, if the University puts out that player’s have to be vaccinated then they have a decision to make, get vaccinated or transfer and play somewhere else. It should be a choice 

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It wasn't your choice. You got those vaccines as a baby or one year old

Parents choice in the case you are pointing out since I was not at the age of consent.  Another case of the individual responsible and accountable making an informed choice.  

1 minute ago, wcware said:

Ok, if the University puts out that player’s have to be vaccinated then they have a decision to make, get vaccinated or transfer and play somewhere else. It should be a choice 

Well, yes, exactly. 

Nobody has suggested we strap these dudes or anyone else to tables under threat of death. Only that certain privileges might not continue to be extended to people who don't wish to participate in public safety measures.

There's always a choice and every choice has consequences. Since you brought up politics, one side has always championed this idea but in recent years it seems to have become a matter of convenience.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Parents choice in the case you are pointing out since I was not at the age of consent.  Another case of the individual responsible and accountable making an informed choice.  

Great. So it wasn't your choice.

Virtually every university has mandatory vaccine requirements. If your parents didn't vaccinated you, you wouldn't have gone to college. 

It's really no difference with Covid vaccine, but for some reason it is.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1