Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Except that’s false and our President never said that or anything even remotely similar. 

He said he’d take the vaccine when the medical community declares it was safe and effective and that’s exactly what he did. 

Sure he did before the election. He said he would be hesitant to take any vaccine put out by trump. Like trump was in a white lab coat cooking vaccines in a bathtub 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is no big deal? Saban tested positive twice and missed the IRON BOWL. Harsin won't even miss a game. 

Everything is a big deal now days

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Seems like I remember that too. But recent reports have said the two has similar lazefairlaissez-faire attitude on covid and the vaccine 

What I am saying is fact, not rumor.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

These are grown ass men. They can make their own decision. Didn’t you fools criticize him when he tried to dictate budgets ? Lol. Grown men are accountable for their own actions.

Sorry. When I was 18, in 1984, 18 year olds were "grown ass men". That simply is not true any more.

Somehow Saban has motivated his team to 99%+ vax rate.

• Like 1

Just now, meh130 said:

Sorry. When I was 18, in 1984, 18 year olds were "grown ass men". That simply is not true any more.

Somehow Saban has motivated his team to 99%+ vax rate.

That said, for those who have had COVID, and recovered, they are immune, and should be counted as equivalent to the vaccinated.

• Like 4

for what it is worth scott frost is under ncaa investigation for breaking covid protocol. in his defense he says he followed all rules and guidelines. all this is going to get worse before it gets better.

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

And pure speculation here but Harsin has no symptoms. That likely points to him already being fully vaccinated, for all those gnashing teeth.

Or being relatively young, very fit, and O blood type.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, wcware said:

Our own president said he wouldn’t get it and didn’t trust it just 8 months or so ago. 

an inconvenient truth for some apparently...

• Facepalm 1

Also, can I please point out something here in regards to Saban that nobody seems to pick up on? The guy has nothing to do with Bama's vax rates. Please stop using him as the gold standard.

His vaccine beliefs and statements at media days were very similar to Harsin's. You know why UA has such a high rate compared to everyone else? Because every single one of his kids are there for one reason - to get to the league.

Sure, that can be said for most major programs, but UAT is now a Calipari/Kentucky like minor league pipeline where every single kid is a 5 star who is there solely to go to the NFL. And the NFL has already mandated vaccines. I'm sure he told them "hey, if you guys want to be as draftable and employable as possible, you better get the vax."

It's little to do with Saban and all to do with the NFL's stance on the vaccine. Guarantee if you took Mel Kiper's top 200 predicted picks for next year, 99% are vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

And pure speculation here but Harsin has no symptoms. That likely points to him already being fully vaccinated, for all those gnashing teeth.

Why did he get tested?

3 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Why did he get tested?

Probably following covid protocol for unvaccinated people 

Stop speculating that he didn’t get vaccinated , while I also speculate that he did since he has no symptoms - some of you 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Probably following covid protocol for unvaccinated people 

So if your percentage is under the line that the SEC set vaccinated players are not contact traced and tested?

42 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Am I the only one who thinks this is no big deal? Saban tested positive twice and missed the IRON BOWL. Harsin won't even miss a game. 

Yeah I don't get it either. Three vaccinated senators came out yesterday saying they had it. I don't understand why people think you can't encounter the virus if you're vaccinated. Jon Rahm supposedly had it twice in three months and he got vaccinated and won the US Open in the middle of this time period and he was never sick. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Because every single one of his kids are there for one reason - to get to the league.

Sounds like a good strategy to me 

45 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

AU's program isn't quite at the same stage as Alabama's. I could step in and coach a game for AL and still win. Harsin is completely rebuilding a program, installing new systems, establishing the depth chart, etc. 

The head coach, DC, and who knows how many other coaches and players are out for the couple weeks leading up to the opening game. Of course it's a big deal. 

59 minutes ago, wcware said:

It’s been a mess for awhile. I used to enjoy coming here now it’s just disappointing. It’s the same 5-10 people arguing about everything. It is ruined for the moment. I have been guilty of it myself lately  

Bingo 

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

So if your percentage is under the line that the SEC set vaccinated players are not contact traced and tested?

Pretty sure the ncaa over ruled that, no?

Ncaa put out pretty clear guidelines for Vax vs unvax

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/ssi/COVID/SSI_ResocializationFall2021.pdf

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Stop speculating that he didn’t get vaccinated , while I also speculate that he did since he has no symptoms - some of you 

That's a good point. I'll admit I'm guilty of that. Wrong to speculate either way I guess

• Like 1

Some of you sound much more worried about wins than the health of student athletes and whether or not they should be treated like grown ass men. 

• Like 7