Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

5 minutes ago, wcware said:

Ok, if the University puts out that player’s have to be vaccinated then they have a decision to make, get vaccinated or transfer and play somewhere else. It should be a choice 

Given the actual risk to the athletes health, that would be a stupid choice; but yes, the university could enact this policy; in which case it would have to do it for all faculty, staff and students; and then students could make choices.  

And given things like the latest reporting on mycarditis; not sure the university wants to go that route if they don't have to....

Federal health officials are conducting an investigation into the effects of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine following new research that showed it may be linked to a higher risk of heart inflammation in young adults than previously though, according to a report from The Washington Post.

The sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said that the research shows a potentially greater risk of heart inflammation among Moderna than Pfizer-BioNTech recipients, most notably for men under the age of 30.

10 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Him getting COVID is not a big deal.  The big deal was his refusal to be a leader on the issue to begin with. Nobody is saying that it is something he can't learn from or that he won't have every opportunity to be an outstanding coach at Auburn.  However, he will justifiably take some criticism for refusing to lead on this issue.  Anybody would be criticized in the same manner and it is amplified by the coaches at bama and uga making the right decision on this issue.

He made the right decision freedom! Those other coaches mentioned would sell their soul to the devil if they think they can get an advantage in football.

• Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

Given the actual risk to the athletes health, that would be a stupid choice; but yes, the university could enact this policy; in which case it would have to do it for all faculty, staff and students; and then students could make choices.  

And given things like the latest reporting on mycarditis; not sure the university wants to go that route if they don't have to....

Federal health officials are conducting an investigation into the effects of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine following new research that showed it may be linked to a higher risk of heart inflammation in young adults than previously though, according to a report from The Washington Post.

The sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said that the research shows a potentially greater risk of heart inflammation among Moderna than Pfizer-BioNTech recipients, most notably for men under the age of 30.

At least Vanderbilt already requires it. Maybe more in SEC. haven’t seen any more listed.

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Great. So it wasn't your choice.

Virtually every university has mandatory vaccine requirements. If your parents didn't vaccinated you, you wouldn't have gone to college. 

It's really no difference with Covid vaccine, but for some reason it is.

No, if my parents hadn't made that choice, as was their responsibility, I would have been given that choice at the time of admission consideration.  Being I was at the age of consent then, I would have made an informed  choice.  See how easy this is.  People making choices.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eagle12 said:

He made the right decision freedom! Those other coaches mentioned would sell their soul to the devil if they think they can get an advantage in football.

Freedom?   Really? Is requiring a TB test an infringement on the freedom you speak of?  Is requiring the MMR vaccine an infringement on that same freedom?  What about the freedom of those that want to live their lives, but are stuck working in a hospital treating people that, had they been vaccinated, would have likely never needed to be admitted?  There are responsibilities that come with being a member of a community.

• Like 1

I guess it should be food service workers personal rights to wash their hands or not too, a personal choice to believe in dysentery, Hepatitis, etc, etc.   

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well, yes, exactly. 

Nobody has suggested we strap these dudes or anyone else to tables under threat of death. Only that certain privileges might not continue to be extended to people who don't wish to participate in public safety measures.

There's always a choice and every choice has consequences. Since you brought up politics, one side has always championed this idea but in recent years it seems to have become a matter of convenience.

In the political realm, I don’t really lean to one side or the other. Due to consequences of decisions I made as a young man, i was blessed with learning to see things through my own lense. I can’t toe the line with either party. I just want it to be a choice for these young men as it should be for everyone. If their are consequences to this decision they have to weigh that and make a choice. Same as we all do in life 

Edited by wcware

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

No, if my parents hadn't made that choice, as was their responsibility, I would have been given that choice at the time of admission consideration.  Being I was at the age of consent then, I would have made an informed  choice.  See how easy this is.  People making choices.

There is also a vaccination exemption form that can be completed. Available in most states (if not all). Aware through home schooling systems.

2 minutes ago, japantiger said:

The problem we are facing is that some believe they are making an informed choice, but their information is not valid and comes from sources that are not qualified to inform them.

3 minutes ago, japantiger said:

I would have made an informed  choice

Like reading Facebook to tell you about vaccine dangers?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, japantiger said:

The chances of getting myocarditis from the Moderna vaccine is is about 100000 x the chance of UT Chattanooga winning against an SEC football team in 100 years. 

The chance of getting myocarditis if you get Covid 19 is 2%.  And the long term consequences of getting Covid 19 are unknown.

The internet is great, you have all the information at your disposal.  All you have to do is separate fact from fiction/spin and use your brain to reason.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wcware said:

In the political realm, I don’t really lean to one side or the other. Due to consequences of decisions I made as a young man, if was blessed with learning to see things through my own lense. I can’t toe the line with either party. I just want it to be a choice for these young men as it should be for everyone. If their are consequences to this decision they have to weigh that and make a choice. Same as we all do in life 

Nobody has suggested that they be held down and administered a vaccine.  They are young.  If given the right information, they will likely make the right choice.  Make no mistake, there is a right choice in this discussion.  It isn't a close call.  That is why it is so vital that their leadership be an example and provide them with the information needed, instead of throwing hands up and saying "do what ya want."

As adults in this country WE ARE SMARTER THAN THIS PEOPLE.  

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

Jesus Christ, will you people quit saying that anyone is suggesting that anyone doesn't have a choice about the vaccine. It doesn't matter whether you're acting stupid or just being stupid. Stop. 

The conversation is not about choice. It is about privilege. Either you choose to keep it or you don't. See how easy this is.

Damn.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, wcware said:

I just want it to be a choice for these young men as it should be for everyone. If their are consequences to this decision they have to weigh that and make a choice. Same as we all do in life 

If anyone has suggested otherwise, I haven't seen it.

One of my favorite ones is the lady claiming that God didn’t intend for people to wear masks while she is wearing eye glasses.  There’s your sign. 🤣😆🤣😆🤣😆🤣😆🤣😆

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

If anyone has suggested otherwise, I haven't seen it.

Does anyone know what information the university has provided our players?

As to the OP, not sure how any of this can be put on Greene.  Other sports teams at Auburn are vaccinated at higher rates.  I believe the soccer team is at 100%.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

^whole thread though.

Where did anyone say that these players have no choice whether or not to get the vaccine?

All anyone has suggested is that they might need to get it if they want to continue to enjoy the privilege of playing football and having their education paid for. 

Y'all are making it sound like the Gestapo's going to start kicking doors in. Not sure how you got that in your heads.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, wcware said:

Does anyone know what information the university has provided our players?

They clearly haven't provided the same information that all the schools who are reporting significantly better vaccination rates provided to theirs. 

30 minutes ago, japantiger said:

So now you trust anonymous sources, lol.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

One of my favorite ones is the lady claiming that God didn’t intend for people to wear masks while she is wearing eye glasses.  There’s your sign. 🤣😆🤣😆🤣😆🤣😆🤣😆

As someone Tweeted, Michigan is now Alabama.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

They clearly haven't provided the same information that all the schools who are reporting significantly better vaccination rates provided to theirs. 

I am friends with the mother of a walk-on we have on the team. Our kids were in the same class. I am tempted to ask her but it seems like an overstep just for message board fodder

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Like reading Facebook to tell you about vaccine dangers?

Like looking at actual CDC data and data from around the world.  

14 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Nobody has suggested that they be held down and administered a vaccine.  They are young.  If given the right information, they will likely make the right choice.  Make no mistake, there is a right choice in this discussion.  It isn't a close call.  That is why it is so vital that their leadership be an example and provide them with the information needed, instead of throwing hands up and saying "do what ya want."

As adults in this country WE ARE SMARTER THAN THIS PEOPLE.  

There have been a total of 2991 deaths in the US for people under aged 30 from Covid per the CDC (table below).  That is .004 of total "Covid"  deaths.  There has been 153.4k total deaths in that age population during the same period.  Covid represents 1% of total deaths in this age cohort.  Suicide, AIDS, Car accidents etc., all represent much higher % of total deaths in this age range.  Based on your logic, we should outlaw sex and driving among everyone under 30. 

The risk profile of some of you guys is shocking.  Especially the younger ones on this forum.  When did we become a timid people...

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#SexAndAge

• Like 2