Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

15 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Some of you sound much more worried about wins than the health of student athletes and whether or not they should be treated like grown ass men. 

Conveniently, the health of student athletes and wins are perfectly aligned here. 

And these grown ass men have curfews and all sorts of other rules they must follow. Does that bother you, too?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Some of you sound much more worried about wins than the health of student athletes and whether or not they should be treated like grown ass men. 

You spent much time around college freshmen and sophomores?  Because believe me, they should not be treated like grown ass men.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You spent much time around college freshmen and sophomores?  Because believe me, they should not be treated like grown ass men.

Sure. And I know 35 year olds that act like 16 too. But they are all 18 and grown. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cbo said:

Conveniently, the health of student athletes and wins are perfectly aligned here. 

And these grown ass men have curfews and all sorts of other rules they must follow. Does that bother you, too?

Totally different things but for the record, yeah I think curfews are a little absurd for a college student. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Totally different things but for the record, yeah I think curfews are a little absurd for a college student. 

Fair enough. 

And you’re right, it’s not the same. But no one is forcing them to get vaccinated. It would be nice if their leader encouraged it though. 

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Just talking about what others talked about.

Making stuff up as you go. Got it and good to know man. 

35 minutes ago, cbo said:

Fair enough. 

And you’re right, it’s not the same. But no one is forcing them to get vaccinated. It would be nice if their leader encouraged it though. 

Not sure encourage is the term I would use but I get your point. I think you give grown people good information and let them be grown ups. That is part of the reason this issues had been so political. People get Information and make a personal decision yet they get ridiculed for their decision. It’s really absurd. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

E5556D83-D69D-4306-89CD-D1912A02D72F.gif

Exactly. Hell, just this morning my wife said something was huge and I laughed and said “and that’s what she said!”  I’m 53. 

4 hours ago, DAG said:

These are grown ass men. They can make their own decision. Didn’t you fools criticize him when he tried to dictate budgets ? Lol. Grown men are accountable for their own actions.

Grown ass men con do what they wish, but they aren't shielded from criticism for bad choices.

1 hour ago, Butthead said:

Not sure encourage is the term I would use but I get your point. I think you give grown people good information and let them be grown ups. That is part of the reason this issues had been so political. People get Information and make a personal decision yet they get ridiculed for their decision. It’s really absurd. 

When their decision is based on misinformation and they refuse to consider the advice of medical professionals, they aren't acting like adults, but are acting like children.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Grown ass men con do what they wish, but they aren't shielded from criticism for bad choices.

Oh did I say otherwise? The point is AG can't FORCE them to a do a thang thing. I am a huge advocate for the vaccination and I wouldn't force it on a single soul. If they want to miss games potentially thats on them. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wcware said:

Sure he did before the election. He said he would be hesitant to take any vaccine put out by trump. Like trump was in a white lab coat cooking vaccines in a bathtub 

The man never said he wouldn't take an FDA approved vaccine.  That includes an EUA, emergency use authorization.  Remember, at that time, we had a president pushing whatever unproven drug he read about on Twitter.  Think about it... none of those being suggested then worked out and we now have much better treatment options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Making stuff up as you go. Got it and good to know man. 

No Bruh  I'm going off what is written and what reports are saying.

"Athletics director Allen Greene, we are told, has said privately only that it is a personal choice."

4 hours ago, au302 said:

I am worried that people will die from heart attacks from getting so fired up and stressed out about this topic before the actual virus can get them. It's a difficult and serious topic. The most important thing right now is the health of those who got the virus in this outbreak, not football. There's a big divide over the vaccine, and we won't change each others minds on here. I think we can all agree that regardless of our opinions, it's important for these guys to get healthy for their own sakes. Our first two games are Akron and AL state. They should all be back well before then, and those games will allow us to figure stuff out. People need to stop with declaring Harsin a failed leader and throwing this season down the drain over a virus that is unpredictable. Log off, go for a jog, play golf. Ultimately, no one knows if we or any team will make it through without issues. Let's see how it plays out. 

What is the reason for that divide?  It isn't medical advice, because every reputable medical provider is in agreement when it comes to the vaccines being vital. Long term effects?  Read the UAB published information below and that will explain why there are no real concerns about long term effects from any vaccine and why.

https://www.uab.edu/news/health/item/12143-three-things-to-know-about-the-long-term-side-effects-of-covid-vaccines

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Oh did I say otherwise? The point is AG can't FORCE them to a do a thang thing. I am a huge advocate for the vaccination and I wouldn't force it on a single soul. If they want to miss games potentially thats on them. 

Forcing someone to take a vaccine is different than there being consequences for the decision they make if that decision impacts the team.  This is a safe vaccine.  It is time we stop coddling people who push fairy tales about mythical risks.

• Like 3

I’ll chime in…the only reason I haven’t donated to this site is the rampant liberalism.  It’s sickening.  Why can’t people on this board skip the politics and talk football?  It’s the only board I frequent that is so liberally slanted that it’s just sick and annoying.  This is the USA.  People are free to do as they want.  At least they should be.  Get over it…

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 6
  • Dislike 3

4 minutes ago, muxi87 said:

I’ll chime in…the only reason I haven’t donated to this site is the rampant liberalism.  It’s sickening.  Why can’t people on this board skip the politics and talk football?  It’s the only board I frequent that is so liberally slanted that it’s just sick and annoying.  This is the USA.  People are free to do as they want.  At least they should be.  Get over it…

This is definitely the most moderate SEC FB forum I know of.

That said, wanting to mandate that people follow a basic public health protocol that actually *does* weaken Covid into "just the flu" is not some Marxist fantasy any more than laws against driving drunk.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

Forcing someone to take a vaccine is different than there being consequences for the decision they make if that decision impacts the team.  This is a safe vaccine.  It is time we stop coddling people who push fairy tales about mythical risks.

No crap! Why the hell are you arguing with me about this? you are talking to a first line worker here. I am done telling grown ups about the risks and benefits. At this point, other people shouldn't have to own your own decisions as an adult. So don't lecture me about coddling.

• Like 2

Just now, muxi87 said:

This is NOT a left or right issue. This is about people's lives. People are free to make their own decision, but they are not shielded from criticism if the decision they make is based on easily disproven nonsense.  The issue is too important to coddle people that won't listen to medical professionals, but instead listen to every word from some unqualified radio talk show host, cable news entertainer or what uncle Bob said on Facebook.

• Like 4
  • Love 1