Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

Just now, DAG said:

No crap! Why the hell are you arguing with me about this? you are talking to a first line worker here. I am done telling grown ups about the risks and benefits. At this point, other people shouldn't have to own your own decisions as an adult. So don't lecture me about coddling.

I'm not arguing with you actually.... just pointing something out.. lol sorry if it came across that way. 

6 minutes ago, muxi87 said:

I’ll chime in…the only reason I haven’t donated to this site is the rampant liberalism.  It’s sickening.  Why can’t people on this board skip the politics and talk football?  It’s the only board I frequent that is so liberally slanted that it’s just sick and annoying.  This is the USA.  People are free to do as they want.  At least they should be.  Get over it…

How does the saying go, “If you don’t like it, then leave”?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, AU9377 said:

I'm not arguing with you actually.... just pointing something out.. lol sorry if it came across that way. 

But what exactly are you pointing out? Healthcare are tired of telling the same people the same stuff over and over. We see it everyday. If last year doesn't make an impact then that is on you. I am not going to waste my time criticizing people who choose not to take the vaccine. I rather spend my time educating those who have questions. The football team and the coaching staff have the best professionals next to them with endless resources. If they choose not to utilize those, then they have to live with whatever consequences come with that. To try to put the onus on someone else is deflecting at minimum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cbo said:

AU's program isn't quite at the same stage as Alabama's. I could step in and coach a game for AL and still win. Harsin is completely rebuilding a program, installing new systems, establishing the depth chart, etc. 

The head coach, DC, and who knows how many other coaches and players are out for the couple weeks leading up to the opening game. Of course it's a big deal. 

Yeah I tell ya, the Zips have me worried for the opener.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

But what exactly are you pointing out? Healthcare are tired of telling the same people the same stuff over and over. We see it everyday. If last year doesn't make an impact then that is on you. I am not going to waste my time criticizing people who choose not to take the vaccine. I rather spend my time educating those who have questions. The football team and the coaching staff have the best professionals next to them with endless resources. If they choose not to utilize those, then they have to live with whatever consequences come with that. To try to put the onus on someone else is deflecting at minimum.

That coaching staff is employed by the State of Alabama and Auburn University.  They are given the responsibility to lead these young men.  In the South, these coaches are given a platform from which they actually have influence.  If a coach is not using that platform in a positive manner, it is absolutely the right of anyone connected with the program, Auburn, the SEC and others to call them out for their bad decision.  If people that know right from wrong sit quietly, they are actually making a loud statement by their silence. That silence is seen as agreement by many.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

That coaching staff is employed by the State of Alabama and Auburn University.  They are given the responsibility to lead these young men.  In the South, these coaches are given a platform from which they actually have influence.  If a coach is not using that platform in a positive manner, it is absolutely the right of anyone connected with the program, Auburn, the SEC and others to call them out for their bad decision.  If people that know right from wrong sit quietly, they are actually making a loud statement by their silence. That silence is seen as agreement by many.

Actions speaks louder than words. CBH actions spoke for itself, just like the short man from Tuscaloosa. Consequences speak even louder. The best thing anyone can do who is advocating is get vaccinated and spread information. Wasting your energy on folks, who AREN'T going to do it, is a fools game. That is how healthcare professionals get burnt out and have terribly bad mental health conditions. You can't save everybody. Some people have to learn the hard way.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

That is how healthcare professionals get burnt out and have terribly bad mental health conditions. You can't save everybody. Some people have to learn the hard way.

Sad, but true, and hear this from so many healthcare workers like yourself.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

A lineman weighing 330 is a much bigger risk to any of these athletes than COVID. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Idk? Close proximity to a positive case? You have to test if you're exposed and quarantine regardless of vax status.

Umm, not quite true

26 minutes ago, muxi87 said:

I’ll chime in…the only reason I haven’t donated to this site is the rampant liberalism.  It’s sickening.  Why can’t people on this board skip the politics and talk football?  It’s the only board I frequent that is so liberally slanted that it’s just sick and annoying.  This is the USA.  People are free to do as they want.  At least they should be.  Get over it…

Do you know what liberalism is?? Lol. 

11 minutes ago, Butthead said:

A lineman weighing 330 is a much bigger risk to any of these athletes than COVID. 

That is not the point.  Not being able to play a game is a valid point. Then again, there is always that pesky part about it just being the right thing to do.

That is not the point.  Not being able to play a game is a valid point. Then again, there is always that pesky part about it just being the right thing to do.

Right thing for who?  

45 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

What is the reason for that divide?  It isn't medical advice, because every reputable medical provider is in agreement when it comes to the vaccines being vital. Long term effects?  Read the UAB published information below and that will explain why there are no real concerns about long term effects from any vaccine and why.

https://www.uab.edu/news/health/item/12143-three-things-to-know-about-the-long-term-side-effects-of-covid-vaccines

Good read, thanks for posting. I like how they addressed it head on. We can talk until we're blue in the face about the reason for the divide. That won't change the fact that it's still here and not going anywhere. My personal opinion, it's political. Everything in this country is political. Both sides are guilty of it. Anyone who argues otherwise is naive. The last administration did a fantastic job of getting the vaccine safely and quickly produced. I'll give them that. However, I completely understand why people are hesitant. Each person has to make that decision for them and their family

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Actions speaks louder than words. CBH actions spoke for itself, just like the short man from Tuscaloosa. Consequences speak even louder. The best thing anyone can do who is advocating is get vaccinated and spread information. Wasting your energy on folks, who AREN'T going to do it, is a fools game. That is how healthcare professionals get burnt out and have terribly bad mental health conditions. You can't save everybody. Some people have to learn the hard way.

I am in front of people all the time. People that know me know that I am above all else a very reasonable person.  They also know that I am well informed and that I can usually explain an issue from multiple points of view.  If I am in a classroom and just tell people..... to give up and go home, I haven't educated anyone.  I have then abdicated that role to someone else.  If I am in a court room and  I am not clear about what the facts are, applying law to those facts is impossible. I agree with you that some people won't listen.  However, there are a large number of people that are listening.  If the only thing they hear or read comes from the mouths of the least informed, that is what they will believe to be true.  That is why people should say something. Saying nothing isn't making the problem go away.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Right thing for who?  

For everyone, including the athletes themselves.  We are pretending that there is a scientific debate concerning the safety of these vaccines.  There is not.

I am in front of people all the time. People that know me know that I am above all else a very reasonable person.  They also know that I am well informed and that I can usually explain an issue from multiple points of view.  If I am in a classroom and just tell people..... to give up and go home, I haven't educated anyone.  I have then abdicated that role to someone else.  If I am in a court room and  I am not clear about what the facts are, applying law to those facts is impossible. I agree with you that some people won't listen.  However, there are a large number of people that are listening.  If the only thing they hear or read comes from the mouths of the least informed, that is what they will believe to be true.  That is why people should say something. Saying nothing isn't making the problem go away.

Did anybody said don't say nothing? I am saying preaching the same message to people who DON'T CARE is a waste of time. Heck, that is biblical. You might be in front of people, but I highly doubt you are a frontline caregiver. 

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

For everyone, including the athletes themselves.  We are pretending that there is a scientific debate concerning the safety of these vaccines.  There is not.

What you want AG to do is say you are wrong CBH for not getting vaccinated. Again, he doesn't have to do that. He got the vaccination and he is encouraging others to do it and also educating. That is more than enough. CBH is well within his rights to not get vaccinated but there are consequences to every action.

• Like 2

So a lot of you guys are in favor of forcing an adult to submit to a medical procedure they don't need against their will so you can watch them play a game and shake a pom pom and feel like you're young again...uuuhhhumm... Rod Serling turned this down as an episode in 1960 because he thought it was too absurb.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

Harsin as an individual getting the virus is one thing. He may be vaccinated or not. Who knows?

The problem I see is a team that was, at last report, only slightly above 50% vaccinated. That's not  acceptable. The coaches, players and others around the program have an obligation to put the best team on the field every Saturday and not have to forfeit any games because of controllable circumstances. Getting vaccinated is certainly controllable.

Nobody should be forced to get vaccinated. If they choose not to do so, they can go find something besides being on the AU football team to occupy their time.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah I tell ya, the Zips have me worried for the opener.

Right, because fall practice is only about preparing for Akron. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, japantiger said:

So a lot of you guys are in favor of forcing an adult to submit to a medical procedure they don't need against their will so you can watch them play a game and shake a pom pom and feel like you're young again...uuuhhhumm... Rod Serling turned this down as an episode in 1960 because he thought it was too absurb.

No one said they should be forced. Do you know what "medical procedure" means? Absurb!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1