Allen Greene needs to step up concerning vaccinations

Eagle Eye 7

9 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

So now you trust anonymous sources, lol.   

So you doubt the report?  Go on record; because the CDC's site even references the known myocarditis risks.  

34 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Freedom?   Really? Is requiring a TB test an infringement on the freedom you speak of?  Is requiring the MMR vaccine an infringement on that same freedom?  What about the freedom of those that want to live their lives, but are stuck working in a hospital treating people that, had they been vaccinated, would have likely never needed to be admitted?  There are responsibilities that come with being a member of a community.

The information on TB and MMR in young populations was/is very compelling.  All you have to do is look at Southern Africa where there is no vaccine available.  Due to TB and AIDS, SA is one of the few countries where the age distribution on COVID deaths is relatively flat.  I would love to see someone provide data that would refute that; if they did, I would evaluate it...but I don 't think they can put it together.  

"Stuck working in hospitals" is a career choice.  If they weren't treating Covid patients they would be treating something else.  If they don't like health care, they are free to seek another profession.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Him getting COVID is not a big deal.  The big deal was his refusal to be a leader on the issue to begin with. Nobody is saying that it is something he can't learn from or that he won't have every opportunity to be an outstanding coach at Auburn.  However, he will justifiably take some criticism for refusing to lead on this issue.  Anybody would be criticized in the same manner and it is amplified by the coaches at bama and uga making the right decision on this issue.

You are to emotional, Auburn is Auburn not UGA not BAMA as long as Auburn is Auburn they will never be looked at in that manner. Those 2 schools are being talked up to levels that are just ridiculous stop taking the bait, did you think of what those 2 schools were doing in 2004/2010/2013??

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Where did anyone say that these players have no choice whether or not to get the vaccine?

All anyone has suggested is that they might need to get it if they want to continue to enjoy the privilege of playing football and having their education paid for. 

Y'all are making it sound like the Gestapo's going to start kicking doors in. Not sure how you got that in your heads.

Easy now I'm bustin your chops. Nobody in this thread knows what's in my head 😇

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, W.E.D said:

From most accounts AD AG has the same views as Harsin. 

FRom what accounts? Message Boards? Geez...c'mon man, as President Biden would say.

I haven't heard anything reported officially or even in passing that AG has the same views...

16 hours ago, wcware said:

It’s been a mess for awhile. I used to enjoy coming here now it’s just disappointing. It’s the same 5-10 people arguing about everything. It is ruined for the moment. I have been guilty of it myself lately  

There is definitely a handful of folks on either “side” that loves to see their words in print and up the ole post count. Lot of the same names pop up posting the same redundant party line message. Mob mentality can be quick on both sides as well. I personally like to fall in the middle so I’m always on the winning side. Kinda like a weird ‘80s high school click movie or something. :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

So now you trust anonymous sources, lol.   

Same people that worry about side effects of the vaccine while claiming COVID-19 is no worse than flu while at the same time claim the pandemic was unleashed from a lab in China... 🤨🤪

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Him getting COVID is not a big deal.  The big deal was his refusal to be a leader on the issue to begin with. Nobody is saying that it is something he can't learn from or that he won't have every opportunity to be an outstanding coach at Auburn.  However, he will justifiably take some criticism for refusing to lead on this issue.  Anybody would be criticized in the same manner and it is amplified by the coaches at bama and uga making the right decision on this issue.

I don't think the issue of getting vaccinated is as black and white as most people on each side makes it. And I've got zero interest in a political discussion on this subject.  But I think this is right.  Leaving everything else out of it, from a football perspective, it is easier if the coach is vaccinated and the team meets the 85% threshold.  Harsin is not helping that cause here. This is a distraction now, unfortunately. 

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Same people that worry about side effects of the vaccine while claiming COVID-19 is no worse than flu while at the same time claim the pandemic was unleashed from a lab in China... 🤨🤪

And totally trust the same folks that told them to get vaccinated to treat their... COVID.

5 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I don't think the issue of getting vaccinated is as black and white as most people on each side makes it. And I've got zero interest in a political discussion on this subject.  But I think this is right.  Leaving everything else out of it, from a football perspective, it is easier if the coach is vaccinated and the team meets the 85% threshold.  Harsin is not helping that cause here. This is a distraction now, unfortunately. 

This distraction thing you speak of was used against the previous president and now look at the idiots who benefited and now run the country! We are doing well now right? 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Funny since our other sports are mostly vaccinated . Football is running far behind the rest of the athletic program and I believe that Harsin is the cause of that. 

I believe you are right, and it's an absolute failure of leadership on Harsin's part. I'm afraid his politics are showing, and they trump both science and good sense. Frankly, this failure approaches a firing offense in my opinion. If Saban and Kiffin can do it at Bama and Ole Miss,. Harsin can do it at AU. And if he can't, he needs to be gone.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 4

14 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

This distraction thing you speak of was used against the previous president and now look at the idiots who benefited and now run the country! We are doing well now right? 

If you want to talk about the politics, please take it to the political board. There is a reason that I avoid it like it's a covid infected stipper with herpes. I'd prefer not to interact with either. From a strictly football perspective, this is not a positive.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

i got a question? i was told the nfl requires the covid shot and this is why some teams are close to one hundred percent vaccinated. i was told no shot no pro career and this is why some colleges have upped their game. any truth to it? i have no idea.

2 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

If you want to talk about the politics, please take it to the political board. There is a reason that I avoid it like it's a covid infected stipper with herpes. I'd prefer not to interact with either. From a strictly football perspective, this is not a positive.

Yes this is football . What are you going to do not go to a 80 plus thousand people in attendance football game? Because you ain’t going to be able to criticize all them either . Either you go and get exposed to it or stay home. That’s your choice . 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I don’t care what the Coach’s opinion on Covid is. He works for the university and is supposed to be doing what’s best for the players and the university. Saben has Alabama at 100%. Why? Because if we are not we can expect to lose a couple of games because of players getting the virus. This isn’t the coaches call it the University presidents call and Greene should tell Coach H that failure to do it would be cause to fire him without completing his contract. Just stupid. Now the coach has Covid and probably has spread it to the team. I beginning to think we hired the wrong guy. 

I began to lose respect for Harsin when I heard that the team was only 50% vaccinated. I hate that he has let this probably negate a lot of his and the players hard work. Stupid is a good old fashioned word for what is happening.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 4

19 minutes ago, au701948 said:

I began to lose respect for Harsin when I heard that the team was only 50% vaccinated. I hate that he has let this probably negate a lot of his and the players hard work. Stupid is a good old fashioned word for what is happening.

Screw this thinking! Screw Nick Saben lane Kiffen and Kirby Smart ! This is the same crap they try to tell us about how good killing babies is then how bad a person is for not being vaccinated. 

Edited by eagle12
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 4

1 hour ago, eagle12 said:

I think you would do well to read a book 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

Screw this thinking! Screw Nick Saben  lane Kiffen and Kirby Smart ! This is the same crap they try to tell us about how good killing babies is then how bad a person is for not being vaccinated. 

What??

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think you would do well to read a book 

I think it would do you well to watch the news !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I guess it should be food service workers personal rights to wash their hands or not too, a personal choice to believe in dysentery, Hepatitis, etc, etc.   

Alabama high school teachers should have the freedom to kick some of these anchors out of their classrooms, based on how hopeless and deranged the line of thinking has been in this thread…

15 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

Screw this thinking! Screw Nick Saben lane Kiffen and Kirby Smart ! This is the same crap they try to tell us about how good killing babies is then how bad a person is for not being vaccinated. 

You are absolutely precious. Can we keep you?

:wub:

• Haha 1

Here's a question. What's stopping a coach from just lying about a 100% vaccination rate? Does the NCAA send its Gestapo to verify everyone's papers? No, its all theatre whether its true or not...

And besides, the vaccine is a voluntary, personal medical decision and our players are all adults. The firestorm that would come down on the administration if it were to come out that a coach or administrator coerced a player into taking a treatment they were not comfortable receiving would be devastating. Or worse if a player suffers an adverse effect or dies as result because they didn't want to lose their scholarship or place on the team? It's a liability nightmare.

So maybe let's just drop the issue?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

OANN, NewsMax, what news do you think I should watch? I certainly wouldn’t want to consume any fake news man 

If you want biased blue sky news while the idiot Biden is in office watch the communist news network CNN ! If you want to know how bad it really is go look at your nearest gas station for the price of gas. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1