STRANDED? Psaki vs Doocy, Who won?

DKW 86

https://www.newsweek.com/jen-psaki-saying-no-americans-stranded-afghanistan-viewed-over-1-5-million-times-1622468

The U.S. embassy in Afghanistan warned American citizens over the weekend to stay away from Kabul's international airport, citing "potential security threats" at the gates.

The United States has said it would withdraw all of its troops from Afghanistan by August 31, but the president is expected to decide in the next 24 hours whether to extend the deadline, Reuters reported on Monday, as Britain calls an emergency virtual meeting on the situation with the Group of Seven countries on Tuesday. The British press reported that UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson would try and lobby for Biden to extend the deadline to allow more time for evacuation.

Currently, the U.S. has around 5,800 troops in Afghanistan guarding the military section of the airport in Kabul, where the evacuation flights have been taking place.

However, the Taliban said the U.S. would "provoke a reaction" if it extends the August 31 deadline to allow for more flights to evacuate people.

• Facepalm 1

I think Jen does a pretty damn good job. Not an easy position. Unfortunately, that job demands fabrications and even outright lies which are obvious to most. Remember, she serves at the pleasure of the president. 

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

I think Jen does a pretty damn good job. Not an easy position. Unfortunately, that job demands fabrications and even outright lies which are obvious to most. Remember, she serves at the pleasure of the president. 

Might be the worst job in the world to have. I am still surprised they let Doocy ask questions.

• Facepalm 1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9923425/Psaki-asks-contact-stuck-Kabul-defends-saying-no-Americans-stranded.html

Jen Psaki asks for the phone number of any US citizens who are stuck in Afghanistan while defending her comment saying 'it's irresponsible to say Americans are stranded'

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/watch-live-jen-psaki-gives-white-house-news-briefing-2

The comments by press secretary Jen Psaki come as the U.S. military reported its biggest day of evacuation flights out of Afghanistan by far Monday, but deadly violence that has blocked many desperate evacuees from entering Kabul’s airport persisted, and the Taliban signaled they might soon seek to shut down the evacuation.

“I think it’s irresponsible to say Americans are stranded. They are not,” Psaki said. “We are committed to bringing Americans who want to come home, home. We are in touch with them via phone, via text, via email, via any way that we can possibly reach Americans to get them home if they want to return home.”

Then why did she ask for phone numbers later in the day?

Next Question: And the one I would have sat there until trhe cows came on demanding a GD answer to:

"If you are really in contact with EVERY AMERICAN CITIZEN, AND ARE COMMITTED TO BRINGING THEM HOME BY 8-31-21, THEN YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE NUMBER. 

WHAT IS THE NUMBER OF AMERICAN CITIZENS STRANDED THERE?" 

Psaki would have answered that question with a number or we would still be there. She is so obviously lying here folks. The Admin has screwed up in a big way. The Taliban is effectively holding hostages. There is no way we are holding the airport after 8-31-21. THIS ADMIN IS TELLING PEOPLE TO NOT COME TO THE AIRPORT, THAT IT IS TOO DANGEROUS.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Leaders? In what?

Leading in evacuating people out of Afghanistan doesn't have a good ring to it. It doesn't make me warm and fuzzy. How about you?

Edited by creed
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Next Question: And the one I would have sat there until trhe cows came on demanding a GD answer to:

"If you are really in contact with EVERY AMERICAN CITIZEN, AND ARE COMMITTED TO BRINGING THEM HOME BY 8-31-21, THEN YOU HAVE TO KNOW THE NUMBER. 

WHAT IS THE NUMBER OF AMERICAN CITIZENS STRANDED THERE?" 

Psaki would have answered that question with a number or we would still be there. She is so obviously lying here folks. The Admin has screwed up in a big way. The Taliban is effectively holding hostages. There is no way we are holding the airport after 8-31-21. THIS ADMIN IS TELLING PEOPLE TO NOT COME TO THE AIRPORT, THAT IT IS TOO DANGEROUS.

I think that's a little bit unfair to Psaki. To the extent the US govt knows, it’d probably be strategically unwise to publicize that number.

I also think the Taliban holding US citizens hostage is an ass pull. Right now the Taliban is working hard on the propaganda side to present themselves as a "respectable" Islamic government. The last thing they want to do is kill a bunch of Americans and parade their bodies through the streets. That mask will slip eventually, but it's in everyone's best interest to facilitate maintaining that facade while we continue the airlift.

As for "telling them to stay away," this is a fast moving situation and they warning to stay away was temporary. Things have calmed a lot in the last few days. Engel here is on the ground. 

The evacuation is still ramping up. 12000 people were flown out in the last 24 hours alone. I expect the initial 80000 mark we were given will be capped today and we end up getting around 120000 out when all is said and done. 

• Like 1

And just like that the latest numbers are 83000. Still no US casualties  Evacuation is humming along. 

So, after being lied to by 4 Admins for 20 years, we are just supposed to believe every single word they now say even though we know they are lying to us.

Psaki also promised 100% Visa, Job, and COVID Vetting as well. 

Lets just say that I drank the military kool-aid for WAY TOO LONG. I wont make that mistake ever again.

for 20 years we were lied to every day about "trained Afghan Army" and stability in the region. We never even secured the damn 2 mile road from the Embassy to the Airport, not one day, in 20 years even with 100,000+ troops on the ground. But we justified pissing away $2.6TN on a god forsaken hell hole and killing 10-100s of thousands of people for nothing. 

Just because I am not buying everything they say, I am beyond happy we have finally seen the lite and are leaving. 
Graveyard of the Empires....

Edited by DKW 86

9 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

So, after being lied to by 4 Admins for 20 years, we are just supposed to believe every single word they now say even though we know they are lying to us.

Hey at least Biden is taking it on the chin right now and we'll end up with one less thing to be lied to about. 

20 years of lies on Afghanistan are culminating here. At least Biden is eating this long ago made s*** sandwich now rather than kicking the can down the road for the next administration. 

More worrisome to me is the behavior of the media in all of this. They've gone all in on pillorying Biden even as he resides over what will end up being the most succesful airlift in history.

for 20 years we were lied to every day about "trained Afghan Army" and stability in the region. We never even secured the 2 mile damn road from the Embassy to the Airport, not one day, in 20 years even with 100,000+ troops on the ground. But we justified pissing away $2.6TN on a god forsaken hell hole and killing 10-100s of thousands of people for nothing. 

And now someone is ending it. Good on them. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Hey at least Biden is taking it on the chin right now and we'll end up with one less thing to be lied to about. 

20 years of lies on Afghanistan are culminating here. At least Biden is eating this long ago made s*** sandwich now rather than kicking the can down the road for the next administration. 

More worrisome to me is the behavior of the media in all of this. They've gone all in on pillorying Biden even as he resides over what will end up being the most succesful airlift in history.

And now someone is ending it. Good on them. 

100% Agreement. Biden, is manning up and dealing with the s*** sandwich. Kudos to him. And a nickel worth of respect to trump for his possibly one good idea, getting out of Afghanistan.

Now, how does the MIC dependent on perpetual war now react? Will they urge yet another war for profit? 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Haha 1