Anti Vaxxer Honor Roll

homersapien

51 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, to be precise, I'd rather they take the vaccine and not try to encourage others from not taking it.

But I couldn't care one iota if their "anti" position causes them to die. And the sooner the better, we need the ICU space.

Whatever helps you sleep good at night........

• Like 1

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

But I couldn't care one iota if their "anti" position causes them to die. And the sooner the better, we need the ICU space.

Well I care if the “anti” position causes them to die. Most reasonable people do of course. Locally the ICU numbers have declined. You would think that with football starting there would be another uptick. Crazy disease. 

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, to be precise, I'd rather they take the vaccine and not try to encourage others from not taking it.

Is that your stance for everyone Homer?

Cool, if every distracted driver dies, cause they were checking their phone instead of watching the road?

Cool if every drunk driver dies cause it's one more bed space in ICU?

Cool if every addict dies since they could have at any time chosen to get clean?

Cool for every diabetic that dies cause if only they would have paid better attention to their bodies and sugar levels they'd be good?

Basically you 'couldn't care one iota' for anyone who dies if they could have made a better personal choice in their life/lifestyle?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Well I care if the “anti” position causes them to die. Most reasonable people do of course. Locally the ICU numbers have declined. You would think that with football starting there would be another uptick. Crazy disease. 

Why is it "reasonable" to care about people that deliberately endanger everyone else?  Reasonableness seems just the opposite to me.

13 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Is that your stance for everyone Homer?

Cool, if every distracted driver dies, cause they were checking their phone instead of watching the road?

Cool if every drunk driver dies cause it's one more bed space in ICU?

Cool if every addict dies since they could have at any time chosen to get clean?

Cool for every diabetic that dies cause if only they would have paid better attention to their bodies and sugar levels they'd be good?

Basically you 'couldn't care one iota' for anyone who dies if they could have made a better personal choice in their life/lifestyle?

Well, considering the first two examples, I wouldn't call it "cool", I'd call it a tragedy.  But suffering the consequences is their responsibility, certainly not of the people they may kill, or their families.

As for the last two, that's a disease and it doesn't directly threat others with loss of life.

The last sentence is just nonsense.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Well, considering the first two examples, I wouldn't call it "cool", I'd call it a tragedy.  But suffering the consequences is their responsibility, certainly not of the people they may kill, or their families.

As for the last two, that's a disease and it doesn't directly threat others with loss of life. The last sentence is just nonsense.

It's the same for the covid vaccine Homer, the dead people you are getting the giggles over were not a direct threat to anyone who has gotten the vaccine. At least not anymore of a threat than all of us covid vaxxed people are.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Mims44 said:

It's the same for the covid vaccine Homer, the dead people you are getting the giggles over were not a direct threat to anyone who has gotten the vaccine. At least not anymore of a threat than all of us covid vaxxed people are.

Correct.  If they are dead, they are no longer a threat (except maybe to those folks who have to handle their bodies).  But while they were alive, they were most definitely a threat to the population as a whole.    

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/covid-vaccine-skeptics-are-ruining-return-normal-we-have-no-ncna1276221

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/vaccine-hesitancy-history-damage-anti-vaccination

Advocating vaccine resistance is certainly counter productive to achieving herd immunity which affects us all.  Who winds up paying for all that extremely expensive ICU care?  You and me.

Additionally , it may be deadly to any given individual they may persuade to resist.

So you have a societal cost plus a potential individual cost to the people who are persuaded by them.

10 hours ago, Mims44 said:

And please don't put words in my mouth.  I am not getting "giggles" over unvaccinated people dying in the hospital. 

I am completely indifferent to their dying. I don't feel joy over it nor do I feel sorrow.  They killed themselves as far as I am concerned and then stuck society with the bill for it. The cost of their stupidity will be born by me and everyone else, much less the more innocent people they infect. 

We are better off without them.

Edited by homersapien

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

And please don't put words in my mouth.  I am not getting "giggles" over unvaccinated people dying in the hospital. 

I am completely indifferent to their dying. I don't feel joy over it nor do I feel sorrow.  They killed themselves as far as I am concern and stuck society with the bill for it. The cost of their stupidity will be born by me and everyone else, much less the more innocent people they infect. 

We are better off without them.

Beware of bitterness.

37 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

So you are not “indifferent about them dying”

Good point. 

I overlooked the fact that if they survive, they will presumably be strong proponents of vaccination. (Most of the accounts I've read suggest that is the case.)

So considering that, I  would rather they survive. 

Otherwise, I really don't have a problem with their confronting the consequences of their choice.

Edited by homersapien

On 9/28/2021 at 8:58 AM, wdefromtx said:

You won't get anywhere trying to bring logic and reasoning to the conversation.

CNN, WAPO or bust. Just your typical partisan BS. Know that and you'll be fine.

Edited by AUFAN78
  • Haha 2

On 10/1/2021 at 8:24 PM, homersapien said:

I'm not bitter.  I am exasperated and fed up.

You must be especially upset about all the illegal immigrants allowed in right now, as it seems like none of them are vaccinated and we aren't requiring that they be vaccinated.

• Dislike 1

9 hours ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

What about the news story that came out a while back that pointed out vaccinated people walk around with huge viral loads that they don't know about (due to the vaccine)?

Seems like it's those of us who are vaccinated who endanger others, more so than those who aren't.

I read about that also. Undermines the vax argument that unvaxxed are infecting everybody. Actually a vaxxed person who gets it has light symptoms likely recognized as colds or allergies so they don’t take action but they are still shedding virus loads to unsuspecting victims who think they are safe.  

Unvaxxed and infected get hit right away with symptoms that leave little doubt so they isolate or avoid contact.  They don’t want to hear that truth.

• Dislike 1

13 hours ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

What about the news story that came out a while back that pointed out vaccinated people walk around with huge viral loads that they don't know about (due to the vaccine)?

Seems like it's those of us who are vaccinated who endanger others, more so than those who aren't.

You've made some very good points on various topics on the board since you began posting recently. This is not one of them.

In order to have a viral load, a vaccinated person has to be infected, which means a breakthrough case. Those cases are rare. And your statement about "vaccinated people walk(ing) around with huge viral loads" implies that the viral load is somehow higher than that carried by an infected unvaccinated person, which is not the case. 

Certainly an infected vaccinated person can be asymptomatic, but so can an infected unvaccinated person. Considering the infection rate of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated, there are far more asymptomatic unvaccinated people walking around than vaccinated. And while I have no data to back this up, I think it's safe to say that the unvaccinated person is actually less likely to be wearing a mask to prevent spreading Covid.

I would also point out that a vaccinated person, if they do feel ill, will generally be more aware, or at least more accepting, that their symptoms could be Covid, and will take steps to prevent spread. The majority of unvaccinated, who are that way because of ignorance and/or political reasons, will be far more likely to ignore symptoms and carry on as normal.

You strike me as intelligent. You have posted in other threads that you are open to other viewpoints, and you take time to consider points made by others, which I appreciate. For this reason, I'm disappointed that you would post something as irresponsible as "vaccinated people are actually more dangerous", as it perpetuates misinformation and puts others at risk.

Edited by Leftfield

25 minutes ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

If you read more carefully you might avoid some disappointment, because that's not what I said.

I said "IF THAT THEORY IS CORRECT, vaccinated people may be more dangerous."

The theory was a news story.  I never claimed the theory was correct.  Matter of fact, my original post regarding this topic was, "What about the news story reporting that vaccinated people walk around with much greater viral loads and therefore may be worse spreaders than unvaccinated people?"  In other words, "What does the board think about that theory?"

There's nothing irresponsible about anything I said.

And I do consider other points of view when good points are made regarding them.  To quote you, this isn't one of them.  No offense.

Bulls**t. Your exact, original post was:

"What about the news story that came out a while back that pointed out vaccinated people walk around with huge viral loads that they don't know about (due to the vaccine)?

Seems like it's those of us who are vaccinated who endanger others, more so than those who aren't."

No qualifiers. Nothing about it being a "theory", until you said it in a later post that was agreeing with even more incorrect information. You didn't even post the story. You just threw it out there with nothing behind it, and then made a statement of opinion that vaccinated people are actually more dangerous, helping to perpetuate disinformation, which is in fact irresponsible. If you want to double-down on that irresponsibility, I guess I overestimated you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

You've made some very good points on various topics on the board since you began posting recently. This is not one of them.

In order to have a viral load, a vaccinated person has to be infected, which means a breakthrough case. Those cases are rare. And your statement about "vaccinated people walk(ing) around with huge viral loads" implies that the viral load is somehow higher than that carried by an infected unvaccinated person, which is not the case. 

Certainly an infected vaccinated person can be asymptomatic, but so can an infected unvaccinated person. Considering the infection rate of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated, there are far more asymptomatic unvaccinated people walking around than vaccinated. And while I have no data to back this up, I think it's safe to say that the unvaccinated person is actually less likely to be wearing a mask to prevent spreading Covid.

I would also point out that a vaccinated person, if they do feel ill, will generally be more aware, or at least more accepting, that their symptoms could be Covid, and will take steps to prevent spread. The majority of unvaccinated, who are that way because of ignorance and/or political reasons, will be far more likely to ignore symptoms and carry on as normal.

You strike me as intelligent. You have posted in other threads that you are open to other viewpoints, and you take time to consider points made by others, which I appreciate. For this reason, I'm disappointed that you would post something as irresponsible as "vaccinated people are actually more dangerous", as it perpetuates misinformation and puts others at risk.

I think your analysis of the situation is flawed.  An unvaxxed person will more likely have significant symptoms and will proceed to get tested.  Then they will attempt to acquire monoclonal antibodies or other treatment options to lessen their symptoms. They would not ignore symptoms or have less symptoms due to being unvaxxed due to a political stance they have taken.

A vaxxed person is not any more familiar with symptoms than unvaxxed.  But in my opinion they may ignore light symptoms because they know they are protected or have been told they are protected. They will carry around viral loads because their exposure is not attenuated by the vaccine. Only the progression thru the body systems are attenuated.  It seems to me that your analysis of who is carrying viral loads and who is seeking treatment and isolating themselves is 180 degrees out.

• Facepalm 1