Penn State fans are confident

Zeek

14 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Has a white out ever registered a small scale earthquake?

image.gif.4bb9738b6ab2d1f4f84e5aa8995b062a.gif

3 hours ago, Caldavis said:

You haven’t Played a bunch of mid Atlantic kids who are hungry. The Wisconsin win wasn’t a mistake, stick to cotton. 

Thanks!  This is a great laugh for this Mid' Atlantic boy.  

I appreciate you, but you really are going out on a limb.  

Funny.

Everybody together now for a big southern send off to this nut, “Well bless your heart “. I mean this with all sincerity. 😝 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Precisely.  A lot of the talking heads are speaking on Auburn as if he is and I just don't get it. 

Gus's Offense was great when it was fresh and he had a superior runner at QB.  Unfortunately, we were still running it after teams learned to defend it, and we had average runners at QB, and some rule changes impacted it.  That said, this game is going to be won or lost on the offensive and defensive lines.  I like our chances there.  It'll be tough, but I'm not impressed with Penn State on offense at all. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Caldavis said:

Yep, but bring the confederate flag with you so you rednecks rep. 

The world needs more rednecks. You and I both know that . 

• Facepalm 1

CBH is already in Franklin’s head.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 1716AU said:

Living here in Virginia, I get a STEADY diet of Big 1G, especially Penn State.  Really good folks.  The two schools are a LOT alike.

Problem here is that the folks in Happy Valley HOPE they can back up the smack talk.  Beating Wisky (while looking bad) was good, but Ball State is Akron and ASU level.

PSU is, like most Big 1G teams, big, and they like to play physical.  That will be the biggest key against Auburn, for my book.  Has Auburn really manned up on the lines, especially the OL.  THAT to me, is of great concern. If you know me, I think that Auburn should have rescinded all their schollys and brought in a whole new group from the Portal.   

PSU does NOT have the speed.  They will counter and get pissy about this, but it is true.  Auburn has much greater team speed. Like most Northeastern teams, these guys run like they have boulders in their cleats. But they will punch you in the mouth and make you like it. That is what's funny about them going more Air Raid...

Auburn does play a MUCH tougher schedule, year in and year out.  That is non debatable, and any sane PSU fan will tell you that.  What they see, though, is that Auburn routinely lays down to Big 1G opponents.  For the past 20 years.

If Gus were still on the sidelines, I would bet my house on PSU.  That bloody goober was a piece of waste for this game.

Harsin is a VERY different breed. And if you have paid attention his teams at Boise, you know, win or lose, they will come to play. And more than likely, they will come home victorious.

One other thing: Mason has a history of coaching against Big 1G schools and shutting them down. At STANFORD.

Win or lose, this is going to be a very good game. 

I would agree across the board the B1G is gonna be more physical than fast, but that’s not true for PSU. I’m not being pissy I just don’t think you watch us enough if you think we don’t have team speed. We’re not Wisconsin or Iowa. Our team speed is every bit on par with “SEC speed.” Do I think this game will be a battle? Absolutely, but I also think we win by double digits. Ball State is leaps and bounds better than either Alabama St and Akron and then the Wisconsin win speaks for itself in terms of level of competition. 

I also agree the SEC schedule is deeper than the B1G but Franklin has built us into a regular top 10 team with the exception of last year but last year was not normal across the board. 

Regardless of the speed and B1G/SEC debate I’m just glad to be playing a different team on a national spotlight. Really looking forward to the game and hope you guys enjoy it as well. I will say this though. A Penn State whiteout will be like nothing you’ve ever seen. Best of luck and look forward to us coming down to you guys next year.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, SeabassPSU said:

Hey Folks,

PSU fan/grad here just stopping by to say good luck on Saturday. And please don't judge our entire fan base by this CalDavis d***** bag...

Any PSU fan that seems overly confident in a win is probably trying to convince themselves more than anything. Most of us know this will be a close one. The whiteout is truly a special environment. How much does it actually help on the field? Who knows, but it's definitely in the discussion for best environment in college football. If any of you have the opportunity to make it up there I'd highly recommend it.

Looking forward to it!

See, this is how you do it.

Stick around and hang out.  Best of luck Saturday!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Caldavis said:

You’re yikes will come to an end Saturday night when you’re expoeds.

I literally don't care if Penn beats us.  My life doesn't revolve around CFB.

if you are not under the age of 15 I am very embarrassed for your actions and words. Grow up man.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SeabassPSU said:

Hey Folks,

PSU fan/grad here just stopping by to say good luck on Saturday. And please don't judge our entire fan base by this CalDavis d***** bag...

Any PSU fan that seems overly confident in a win is probably trying to convince themselves more than anything. Most of us know this will be a close one. The whiteout is truly a special environment. How much does it actually help on the field? Who knows, but it's definitely in the discussion for best environment in college football. If any of you have the opportunity to make it up there I'd highly recommend it.

Looking forward to it!

Should be booking flights tonight. I'm absolutely psyched. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Caldavis said:

Nobody has been convicted in a court of law that I know of. How’s the Bruce Pearl stuff? Did you survive it? 

Yes, I enjoy a good barbecue.

Franklin sure gets named in lawsuits a lot. Are you good with him influencing the medical staff's decisions, too.

26 minutes ago, CoachHypesHypeMan said:

A Penn State whiteout will be like nothing you’ve ever seen. Best of luck and look forward to us coming down to you guys next year.

Serious question here. 

If the whiteout is so special and so intimidating to opponents, why isn’t it done for EVERY home game?  

BTW, through work and interacting with PSU fans at some of their games I have always found them to be good people. I would wish you good luck, but I wouldn’t mean it.  Lol. 

@Brad_ATX Thanks! I'll be lurking throughout the week lol.

@Barnacle Ohh man you will not be disappointed. There's a different buzz in the stadium during whiteouts that's hard to describe.

But one thing I will note, that buzz can be killed real quick if we get punched in the mouth. I went to every whiteout from 09-13 and then went back for 2016 and 2009 Iowa comes to mind when an opponent took the energy out real quick. But if the game is close, that crowd becomes quite a factor (see 2016 OSU).

Regardless my two favorite sporting events every year...Masters Sunday and the Whiteout.

• Like 4

One thing is for sure, nothing that is said on this board is going to have even the slightest impact on what happens Saturday night.  Same goes for the ESPN talking heads Saturday morning.  The game will be won/lost in the trenches, as most big games are.  I feel good about our defensive front and defense in general.  We have two of the best LBs in the country and a very good secondary behind them.  I look for both teams to be conservative on offense and play not to hurt their defense, which will probably result in a close low scoring game that can go either way with turnovers being the difference.  

Can't wait to be in that stadium Saturday night. Coaching at Oneonta Friday night, get in bed about 1am. Wake up at 6, fly out of bham at 7 should arrive at state college by 10. Fly back out Sunday morning at 7 again.  I am attending a Penn State tailgate with a few friends Saturday before the game. Thanks to one of the friendly PSU posters on here for the invite. I will be sitting by myself in section WG. The only concern I have is being heckled by some drunk PSU fans. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

I will be sitting by myself in section WG. The only concern I have is being heckled by some drunk PSU fans.

You shouldn’t have much issue with this, I’m not saying it won’t happen, but usually not an issue outside the students.

22 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

The only concern I have is being heckled by some drunk PSU fans. 

Wear that singlet in your avatar and they'll prolly leave you alone.

• Haha 3

Every fan base you're going to get the stupid ones that really don't know what they are talking about. There are always the most homers of homers....you can find that here on this board they don't represent the entire fan base though

14 hours ago, Caldavis said:

Sad comeback I guess that’s all you have though. 

Actually, what's sad is that leaders of a university would make such horrible mistakes that you could be referred to as pedo state.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Caldavis said:

You’re yikes will come to an end Saturday night when you’re exposed.

You continue to talk about how Southerners are stupid but can't even use the correct your.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CoachHypesHypeMan said:

I would agree across the board the B1G is gonna be more physical than fast, but that’s not true for PSU. I’m not being pissy I just don’t think you watch us enough if you think we don’t have team speed. We’re not Wisconsin or Iowa. Our team speed is every bit on par with “SEC speed.” Do I think this game will be a battle? Absolutely, but I also think we win by double digits. Ball State is leaps and bounds better than either Alabama St and Akron and then the Wisconsin win speaks for itself in terms of level of competition. 

I also agree the SEC schedule is deeper than the B1G but Franklin has built us into a regular top 10 team with the exception of last year but last year was not normal across the board. 

Regardless of the speed and B1G/SEC debate I’m just glad to be playing a different team on a national spotlight. Really looking forward to the game and hope you guys enjoy it as well. I will say this though. A Penn State whiteout will be like nothing you’ve ever seen. Best of luck and look forward to us coming down to you guys next year.

Thanks I appreciate your point of view.  I do have to disagree on the team speed and on Ball State.  Not Wisky.  That was a stout win.

That's the beauty.  We really don't know what we have.  We have an idea, but ideas don't really win games, do they?  The young men do.