What actually happened during the psu game

cole256

Just now, cole256 said:

I only see one and he had 5 attempts and completed 2 and one of those was a 2 yard play. I have no interest in the drive where the game is over and everybody is in prevent

I said he made plays and led the drive. Everything isn't about completions or incompletions, you know that.

So you’re going to discredit that bc you think the defense was in prevent with the game still on the line?? Haha....ok.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I only see one and he had 5 attempts and completed 2 and one of those was a 2 yard play. I have no interest in the drive where the game is over and everybody is in prevent. But sure go ahead and chart it out

It was also for a first down, past the sticks. Kinda important piece to just ignore.

2nd and 2 and got a first down.  First downs are good, right?

Edited by W.E.D

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This is actually our base line game guys. I know some wanted to use the other games to justify is being good but that couldn't really be the case. So now we can see do we get better or do we have the same problems. If we repeat problems then we know they are an issue. 

I mean I wish we had won but we can still be a really good football team

Agreed. We gotta keep improving snd building on what worked. Season isn't over. 

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Is it just me or did we see Bo throw some crazy high rainbows in the first 2 games as well. I feel like it wasn't due to his shoulder but I'm not exactly sober during the games 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

7DB1BC3A-5DE8-4A40-8F0D-E11A279F12BE.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I guess the Auburn defense was playing prevent the entire 2nd half. Clifford was perfect for the half with the only incompletion coming with a PI penalty.

SMH

50 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I think that’s on Derek Mason. He crapped the bed last night

His scheme was awful last night. Sure it's zone and he wants to keep the play in front of the DB's but on 3rd and 6 the DB's line up 5 yards off the line. Their first two steps after the snap are two yards backwards and you literally handed the offense a first down with an underneath pass. I was screaming at the TV. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

I said he made plays and led the drive. Everything isn't about completions or incompletions, you know that.

So you’re going to discredit that bc you think the defense was in prevent with the game still on the line?? Haha....ok.

You first said chart the incompletions but now it's different. Ok. And I don't think anything they were absolutely in a 3 deep prevent. But hey you can just not do it and it will still be the same exact thing and I'm good with that

Just soaking in the Morning After love. It just permeates the air like flatulence at a chili cook-off awards ceremony.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You first said chart the incompletions but now it's different. Ok. And I don't think anything they were absolutely in a 3 deep prevent. But hey you can just not do it and it will still be the same exact thing and I'm good with that

Yeah, chart them so everyone can look at them objectively as to who was to "blame" for them being incompletions. 

Cover 3 isn't prevent. 

Edited by ValleyTiger

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It was also for a first down, past the sticks. Kinda important piece to just ignore.

2nd and 2 and got a first down.  First downs are good, right?

Depends really on what was open but ideally on a second and 2 you would look for something more substantial. But that's actually getting into more advanced stuff that I don't want to with Bo. Instead of trying to argue a two yard pass with me you can look at the big picture and see that I just disagree as far as there were two drives that Bo was the lead or the focal point as far he was the catalyst. He was out there and he was the QB but I'm not going to pretend that he was the most important piece of those drives.

He was part of the offense just the same as the other ten guys were

7 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

I guess the Auburn defense was playing prevent the entire 2nd half. Clifford was perfect for the half with the only incompletion coming with a PI penalty.

SMH

We pretty much seemed like it. Everything was off and little rush 

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

Yeah, chart them so everyone can look at them objectively as to who was to blame for them being incompletions. 

Cover 3 isn't prevent. 

Ok so chart them and prevent isn't one play, it's a strategy and they were definitely in prevent strategy. They were thinking we don't care about giving up yardage or first downs we just don't want anybody to get behind us and we want to tackle them in field

Just now, W.E.D said:

We pretty much seemed like it. Everything was off and little rush 

They pretty much were playing prevent. That is the irony of his post. Legit keep everything in front of you. The guy was playing pitch and catch mostly. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

SMH

I haven't seen one person yet say that the defense was amazing, or even did a good job. I don't think I even seen anybody say they don't have any fault

We were averaging like 5 yards a carry. Running the ball is our identity. We might have a no.1 WR on the bench for all we know but until then we need have a smashmouth run offense. Bo can do a little something to make them respect the pass game but the deep ball is shot.

Edited by WFE12

Just now, DAG said:

They pretty much were playing prevent. That is the irony of his post. Legit keep everything in front of you. The guy was playing pitch and catch mostly. 

Yep. And in order to move the ball consistently on that D is you have to consistently make throws... And they did

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Depends really on what was open but ideally on a second and 2 you would look for something more substantial. But that's actually getting into more advanced stuff that I don't want to with Bo. Instead of trying to argue a two yard pass with me you can look at the big picture and see that I just disagree as far as there were two drives that Bo was the lead or the focal point as far he was the catalyst. He was out there and he was the QB but I'm not going to pretend that he was the most important piece of those drives.

He was part of the offense just the same as the other ten guys were

That 2 yard completion was another WR quick screen. He executed the play that was called. That's all. 

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

That 2 yard completion was another WR quick screen. He executed the play that was called. That's all. 

Lol. Yes he did. I agree

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok so chart them and prevent isn't one play, it's a strategy and they were definitely in prevent strategy. They were thinking we don't care about giving up yardage or first downs we just don't want anybody to get behind us and we want to tackle them in field

I'm aware. You still gotta make the read and execute, but to just completely dismiss what he did to get us in a position to take another shot into the endzone is just that dismissive.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

It was meant as ironic.

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I haven't seen one person yet say that the defense was amazing, or even did a good job. I don't think I even seen anybody say they don't have any fault

Didn't say they did, but the point was that Clifford played great bc we played soft coverage and he gets the credit, but Bo doesn't get any for taking what they were giving to set that last shot, when we needed it.

Anyway, it was a total team loss.

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

I'm aware. You still gotta make the read and execute, but to just completely dismiss what he did to get us in a position to take another shot into the endzone is just that dismissive.

No it's me not giving credence to the embellishment that he made plays and led us in drives as if he was some type of hero play maker. 

He threw the ball to wide open guys which is an everyday occurrence. It's a group of us that count on this every game for fantasy football.

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Depends really on what was open but ideally on a second and 2 you would look for something more substantial. But that's actually getting into more advanced stuff that I don't want to with Bo. Instead of trying to argue a two yard pass with me you can look at the big picture

5 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol. Yes he did. I agree

Lmao. You don't even know what play it was but was certain Bo should have gotten more our of it.

I've never seen someone so self righteous and lacking self awareness. It's astonishing. 

This is a perfect example of you trying to criticize Bo without basis. You're not objective. Some of the things you say are accurate. But many are way over the top and without basis.

Let this be the 1st time you've been wrong in this message board 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

We've got an average QB with some very young WR's and a couple of studs at RB. The OL played better. The DL was underwhelming at best in the 1st half. Absolutely no pressure most of the night on the QB. 

As much as I love Sheddrick Jackson and his blocking, I just can't see him as a benefit in the passing game. I don't know his speed stats, but he looks slow in comparison to the secondary and can never seem to get separation. 

The play at the beginning of the second half was horrible. As bad as Hudson felt on the fumble, you gotta blame that call on Bobo/Harsin. That should have either been a hand-off to Tank or a play-action off of it. 

The PSU TE's were invisible all night to our D. Unreal. Where were the blitz packages? Disappointing.

All in all, the guys played hard and didn't quit in a hard-fought game, in a hostile environment. We can fix the other things. Hard to fix that if it wasn't there.  Auburn will be a tough game for anyone on the schedule.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TheDanoC said:

His scheme was awful last night. Sure it's zone and he wants to keep the play in front of the DB's but on 3rd and 6 the DB's line up 5 yards off the line. Their first two steps after the snap are two yards backwards and you literally handed the offense a first down with an underneath pass. I was screaming at the TV. 

And sending those big TEs deep down the middle was brilliant.  We had no idea what to do with them. Obviously.  Hats off to PSU coaching.  28-32, 280/2 tds!  I’m very concerned.