What actually happened during the psu game

cole256

3 hours ago, e808 said:

I wouldn’t say Bo was lights out but those drops have to be taken into account. There were a good amount. The crappy part is even if Finley was in there it was no guarantee the ball would be caught the way the game was going . It seems like the receivers are out of position. Both Shed and    Robertson seem like slot guys. As mentioned above there was no need for Bo to throw that much last night the running game was getting the job done. Lastly, even with all the defection this team has a lot of veterans. Next year is when it really gets interesting 

Bo definitely shouldn't be replaced. Bo shouldn'tbe blamed for the loss. Bo shouldn't be singled out. Bo still can get alot better so nobody should give up on him. 

But when discussing the game Bo can be mentioned, and he didn't play well enough for it to be said it's everybody else not him. That's all

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DAG said:

I don't know the difference between mediocre and average but I am of the opinion that bo is an above average QB and that is his apex. Now can we get the surrounded pieces to be adequate?

Yeah when I say mediocre I'm just saying average, I guess I can just say average because zeek is my guy and if he don't like it then I don't 😂

I can't give him above average. He'll need the deep ball for that. I see that we agree that he sure could use SW. SW may have the occasional drop but he's a monster in the redzone he had a crazy catch radius, and he seemed to specialize in jump balls. And I don't buy the Bo sees the field better without him 😂

Bo could certainly use a play maker. Without canion or capers we don't have anybody that a corner has to fear

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah when I say mediocre I'm just saying average, I guess I can just say average because zeek is my guy and if he don't like it then I don't 😂

I can't give him above average. He'll need the deep ball for that. I see that we agree that he sure could use SW. SW may have the occasional drop but he's a monster in the redzone he had a crazy catch radius, and he seemed to specialize in jump balls. And I don't buy the Bo sees the field better without him 😂

Bo could certainly use a play maker. Without canion or capers we don't have anybody that a corner has to fear

I definitely don’t think bo will be getting drafted anytime soon unfortunately. I like the kid I really do but he won’t put us over the top , however , he is the best we got right now. I do think they need to make sure they have a viable back up ready though in case things get ugly down the road . We have a rough stretch starting in about a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Bo definitely shouldn't be replaced. Bo shouldn'tbe blamed for the loss. Bo shouldn't be singled out. Bo still can get alot better so nobody should give up on him. 

But when discussing the game Bo can be mentioned, and he didn't play well enough for it to be said it's everybody else not him. That's all

I would like to see the other 2 to get quality playing time to get actual accurate comparison. I actually think the coaches know.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I definitely don’t think bo will be getting drafted anytime soon unfortunately. I like the kid I really do but he won’t put us over the top , however , he is the best we got right now. I do think they need to make sure they have a viable back up ready though in case things get ugly down the road . We have a rough stretch starting in about a couple of weeks.

I agree with your first paragraph, but, I would have to respectfully disagree with your second one. We have to see more from our back up in meaningful snaps, not in mop up duty, when the talking heads are talking about Auburn, the question mark is always Bo Nix. We can't get over the hump because he is simply not the guy to lead this team to victory in a hostile situation or against top 10 opponent whether home or away consistently, people say we beat L S U last year great, but, that team was trash. A good QB can often over come a bad game plan or play call, Bo can't do that. We can not stretch the field with Bo, Kelly Bryant was replace because he was not accurate and could not stretch the field against top 10 teams you have to be able to do that in order to win these big games.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

I agree with your first paragraph, but, I would have to respectfully disagree with your second one. We have to see more from our back up in meaningful snaps, not in mop up duty, when the talking heads are talking about Auburn, the question mark is always Bo Nix. We can't get over the hump because he is simply not the guy to lead this team to victory in a hostile situation or against top 10 opponent whether home or away consistently, people say we beat L S U last year great, but, that team was trash. A good QB can often over come a bad game plan or play call, Bo can't do that. We can not stretch the field with Bo, Kelly Bryant was replace because he was not accurate and could not stretch the field against top 10 teams you have to be able to do that in order to win these big games.

Correct. I want to see guys get more reps at Georgia southern with the whole offense. I would love to see both TJ and DD get those reps. Not Loy.

• Like 1

I keep reading about all the drops on Saturday. I remember Demetris dropping one when he was about to get hit by two guys and Shed bobbling one on the sideline after it was tipped at the last second. Are there any I am missing? 

Not trying to make a point, just trying to remember. 

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Correct. I want to see guys get more reps at Georgia southern with the whole offense. I would love to see both TJ and DD get those reps. Not Loy.

DD just isn't going to play this year if Loy is getting snaps ahead of him.  I think we can take that as a pretty good assumption.

I understand needing our 1st teamers to get an entire half and a driver after halftime, but I'd love to see TJ get the entire offense the whole 2nd half.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

I keep reading about all the drops on Saturday. I remember Demetris dropping one when he was about to get hit by two guys and Shed bobbling one on the sideline after it was tipped at the last second. Are there any I am missing? 

Not trying to make a point, just trying to remember. 

There were not any more drops in this game than there are in most games IMO. 

I know you were asking a specific question and not trying to make a point, but I'm choosing to answer this way anyway, lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

There were not any more drops in this game than there are in most games IMO. 

I know you were asking a specific question and not trying to make a point, but I'm choosing to answer this way anyway, lol. 

Ok, you got me. I was starting down the path to make a point, maybe. But I honestly thought I was forgetting some because I keep hearing about all those drops. 

The WRs aren't scaring anybody. But I don't remember a lot of drops. In the Alabama State game, there absolutely were. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cbo said:

Ok, you got me. I was starting down the path to make a point, maybe. But I honestly thought I was forgetting some because I keep hearing about all those drops. 

The WRs aren't scaring anybody. But I don't remember a lot of drops. In the Alabama State game, there absolutely were. 

It was also key drops...at times when we needed it. It was a big game and missed plays get magnified

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

Every once in awhile you get a drop like Ben Obamanu's in 2003 against Ole Miss. Okay. It's impossible not to focus on that. Or maybe you have the rare Sammie Coates situation where he's a freak and a huge part of the offense but he's also just not very good at catching the ball relative to true big time receivers. Okay, sure, that's a thing. Otherwise, it's useless and actually counterproductive to talk about them as part of evaluating a QB's performance. Especially not if you're not going to talk about the really amazing catches that the receivers made.

Sorry. You're obviously not my target- pun intended- audience. I just hate logical fallacies and the "if you take away the drops" thing is a huge one. Unless you want to do that for every other QB in the country that day, also. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

People keep saying this. Any chance you care to explain why? 

Just the way the staff weeded out the locker room, the guys who bought in and the ones who were not. They needed players to build a team and start the program the right way, Seth was not a good fit. 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

It was also key drops...at times when we needed it. It was a big game and missed plays get magnified

The 2 drops I described? They really weren't that huge. Other than every play being big in a game like this. But they weren't dropped TD's or 4th downs or something. 

• Like 1

Just now, Randman5000 said:

Just the way the staff weeded out the locker room, the guys who bought in and the ones who were not. They needed players to build a team and start the program the right way, Seth was not a good fit. 

Did Seth ever get in trouble at AU? Why do so many think he was low character? Because he's kind of chippy on the field?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

You could be more wrong, have you ever heard of frustration? Seth was in a offensive system that was not wide receiver friendly, and a QB that couldn't get him the ball accurately consistently. Seth has been the target of a lot of Auburn fans because he showed his frustration on the field in which it appeared to be directed toward the fan favorite player.

18 minutes ago, cbo said:

Did Seth ever get in trouble at AU? Why do so many think he was low character? Because he's kind of chippy on the field?

Nope. 

The assumption was jumped to that bc he took plays off he wasn't a hard worker and wouldn't have adjusted to Harsin’s new culture.

That's not what I saw out of Seth. He played hard when it was his time to shine. He fought for his. Everyone on that offense knew when and who was the primary receiver in the one read and panic system. I don't blame him, but instead his coaches. Same with him not being properly prepared to excel at the position in the NFL....yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He was expressive in wanting the ball especially in clutch times. You know the type of guy you wouldn't want on the team. He would hold people accountable too so.

As far as the drops, I was going to say this myself but due to speaking up on other issues and being accused of searching for criticism like diminishing a 2 yard first down I wasn't going to ask about what drops. There is one that stand out

And that's Jackson's drop the next play when Bo almost threw the pick 6.

@cbo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

He would hold people accountable too so.

Isn't it funny how Bo was shown yelling at his coach on the sideline but Seth was the one with the bad attitude. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A Seth Williams type is exactly what we need and someone I am sure CBH would attempt to get the ball to. At least he wanted the big moments. People got to remember it is not like Bo was super accurate most off the time with Seth. He would go up and get that thing.

• Thanks 2