What actually happened during the psu game

cole256

Everything that someone types on this board is opinion!!!!    So here is mine….

1.  Not sure where the receiver recruits are but Auburn sure doesn’t seem to have a PSU #5 on the team.    And god bless his soul, but #11 is not a starter on almost any other SEC team.  Not sure why he is on the field.   Maybe special teams player but not a starting receiver that was targeted numerous times. 
2.   Bo is an average QB.   Going on his 3rd year as a starter , you would hope he would play better.   
3.   Defense played ok not great but just ok.   Busted assignments with the tight ends and it appeared to be smoke on several.  Again a senior who has started for two years and played a lot as a freshman, you would hope would play smarter.   
4. OL played better than I thought.   I thought going into the game that PSU had far more advantage at DL and linebacker.   But they played fairly well considering past performance 

5.   Everyone is talking about play calls on offense but I only saw one that was head scratching and unfortunately it was the fourth and two.  The play after halftime was recognized by the defense early but our receiver could have still made a huge gain if he hadn’t dropped ( I’m talking dropped not stripped not touched) the ball 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Oh I know a mod must have hid it. Hey @bigbird could you bring back my post of saying the stuff wed said I said? Somebody zapped it

I didn't see anything, try reposting whatever it was.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol

It's funny, right. You wanted cordial discord the other day now you want to be brash, twist words, do your clown emoji thing. 

I agree with your actual analysis of the game more often than not, but you wanted to get pissy when I called out your opinionated (vs purely objective) post like you asked.

My thoughts. First we AU played a tough team on their home field against a loud crowd, so I’m not to disappointed with the final score. I did see plenty of things to fix. First these Hail Mary passes are remanent of Gus’s offense. Bo was just throwing it as far as he could and hoping for the best. If it’s 4th and 10 with zero seconds in the fourth quarter, maybe, but if not they should never happen and I saw at least two last night. Goal line offense needs to include a big package to score on the 4th and 2 to go. Defense looks good against the rush but we are going to have to blitz some against their passing game. We can’t give a good QB all night to find a target. Coaches did a good job with game time but need to be better prepared with alternatives when things don’t go as planned . I’m not to worried at this point. I think we faced one of the best 3 teams we will face. In fact I foresee PSU winning the B10 and being in the final four. I would rank them ahead of UGA and behind AL at this point. So the big question now is how Harsin and the team respond to last night. They can learn from it and grow or they can wilt. By the way we definitely benefited from the officials even though the targeting was pure crap. McClain hit the guy with his back mostly stopping him from advancing for a TD. 🤨. I think we grow from this. The best thing I heard was CH saying we had things to go fix. That’s where progress starts from, admitting faults. 🦅🦅🦅 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Defense played ok not great but just ok.      

I don't  think giving up 302 passing yards is OK. That's going to get you beat by a good team most of the time.

Penn State is not ahead of UGA. They would be lucky to get 10pts against them. UGA is still missing a lot of players which is scary.

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

Penn State is not ahead of UGA. They would be lucky to get 14Pts against them. UGA is still missing a lot of players which is scary.

I do believe PSU is best in Big 10, but not as good as UGA. I really believe they challenge Bama.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

For the more objective guys you can see where this is going.....Let's talk what really happened this game without all of the emotion.

QB play: Well it depends how you look at this right? If you go by where he was at I'd say he's improved. But talking strictly this game he's a very average mediocre QB. But I feel like I'll need at least one but maybe two more games and I'll tell you everything you'll need to know.

As far as this game he's not a star or a high level performer. He may never be able to push the ball down field. Everybody saw the one throw that could have lost us the game early, but if you watch closely he had two other throws that were precursors to that play. There were two other passes that are picks to good corners.

I'm going to get to the wr's but I've seen a few people blame the wr for the play where he can't track the ball......that ball wasn't even in play, get real. If you look at the last minute stupid call on

We're playing trying to hide the QB or in spite of instead of the QB winning it for us. That's THIS PARTICULAR GAME.

You see this is the base line, I told people there would need to be time to try to improve, when the game got ancy you saw Bo go back to the off balance, back foot QB. Like I said it takes reps. It's more than having a coach come in and say don't do that and viola it's fixed. 

Bo may have been hurt but as stated he doesn't have the arm strength to make the throws off his back leg. What you watched was to be Sean white playing but with less accuracy.

QB play is better but it's very underwhelming. And he certainly shouldn't get singled out for any blame but at the same time the overzealous fan boy should stop trying to make him a world beater off single plays or mediocre opponents as well. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You certainly can't say the QB play was good enough but these other guys suck! QB is the most important spot on the field, if you have a play maker here or a guy that can carry a team instead of a guy who everything has to be just right for you'd have different results.

HB: The stars of the team. It's a shame you take the ball out of their hand, after they gave you so much. They are the key to Bo actually being able to play QB.....

TE. Did his job, if he was more of an athlete we aren't in the 4th and 2 situation but he's giving you everything he has

WR: I think it was Audevil but somebody wrote how #0 isn't a number 1 receiver. That's the best assessment I've read. We don't have a number 1 guy. Imo opinion our fan base don't take into everything a number 1 guy goes thru and certainly didn't appreciate SW. But here you go, you didn't like the way he demanded the ball.....now you have incompetent play....how do you like it? We had some drops but when they had balls they could actually make plays on they mostly came thru. The rainbow throws are horrible to try to make plays on. 

We had a td play the very beginning of the game but we couldn't get the ball to him. You just can't get me to believe that canion and capers wouldn't be better. If you had a super accurate QB maybe the other guys would work better but with Bo there's no way having some big guys who can make plays or at least offer bigger targets with bigger catch radius isn't better.

O line. They had some good plays, they had some bad plays. They are pretty average too. You can win with them but you have to help them with mixing up the run and pass. They aren't a line you can just expect to dominate and your QB never has any pressure. They were actually above average in run blocking.

I'm just going to say defense in a group. I wrote about this game we'll see if we actually have a pass rush and nobody talked about that......We don't. You can see that we placed our bets that the QB couldn't carry them and beat us. You see the point of a zone is to wait for a mistake. There are holes but can the QB go the entire game and find them without a mistake or drop. We didn't think their QB could but he did. People were calling for blitzes and as soon as we did they hit us for big plays every time.

Now the thing to see is if we make the same mistakes or do we get better. When we had adversity we had two different results. We had the one drive where we marched down with the running game. We had that 3 and out series where we got ancy and threw the horrible passes. Let's see what this team do more times than not.

Is this a sub-tweet to my thread man? You can @ me if you really want to lol. Cole we need to do something that I think a lot of people would enjoy watching. Once we can watch a replay of the game let's stream us watching it together and we can discuss things real time. I think it would be wildly interesting to see how you view things as we watch them.

"If you go by where he was at I'd say he's improved."

Look we already agree to start. Florida is a good comp to Penn State in terms of difficulty and crowd hostility. Let's look at Bo's stat lines in each game and go from there. I know it's impossible to do a complete 1-to-1 comparison but these games seem similar enough to me. Let me know if we should use a different benchmark.

Bo vs Florida: 11/27 (41%) 145 yards 1 TD 3 INTs / 10 carries for 18 yards

Bo vs Penn State: 21/37 (57%) 185 yards 0 TD 0 INTs / 6 carries for 30 yards

That's a pretty noticeable improvement overall. I will say not scoring once really doesn't meet the benchmark necessary to win a game like this. Can honestly concede that with no hesitation. That's even with drops that should have been easy catches.

Skimming through the replay Shedrick bobbled one that hit him clean in the hands and would have resulted in a first down. Another incompletion was miscommunication where he expected Fromm to continue upfield.

Shedrick with another drop that would have been 15-20 yards.

Penn State brings 5 and no one picks up the LB Bo throws it away (almost intentional grounding)

Drop by Demetris Robertson. He dropped it before he even got hit (which would have been a tough ball to hold onto but he didn't even get to that point).

Terrible throw by Bo to Kobe that's low and well behind him not sure that he should have even thrown to Kobe regardless of ball placement based on the defenders around him. Wish he'd use his legs on this play where nothing was there.

This incomplete to DRob is interesting on replay. Here is the moment Bo released the ball:

981626795_Screenshot2021-09-194_12_09PM.png.fe7db22bf8d9704d6d5a301e4b3c247b.png

He threw it slightly before this frame before DRob was even past his defender yet. Trying to throw it to where he's going to be just floating it too far to the left. I agree this looks worse on Bo's part on re-watch.

1054672670_Screenshot2021-09-194_14_24PM.png.900cf7384a07e6e9cae5323a05cdf088.png

Bad angle but a few frames earlier (when DRob initially turned his head around) that he never found the ball at any point). If he spots this ball it's TD but Bo also needed to lead it inside better. Think he was trying to keep it away from the deep safety who came over.

Incomplete to Shed who got absolutely molested by the Penn State CB should have been PI giving us first and goal down 8.

Dumb ass 4th and 2 throw that likely should have been PI

Threw one away on the final drive

Over throw hail marry attempt on final drive

Contested pass on final drive good break up by the DB

Had the awful should have been pick-6 play that was a timing throw done late. Either throw it on time or not at all. That's a basic thing told to QBs for timing routes.

--------------------

"mediocre"

Hate this label. Has a wildly negative connotation. Would never use this to describe someone unless I despised them and how they performed. Honestly, would never use it to describe an Auburn player unless they were out there not even trying. Could leave it at "very average" but that's just a semantics discussion. Not a big deal.

My honest question is what kind of stat line would you be happy with Bo finishing with? Not even Bo just any QB in this game. What do you think we need?

-------------------------

"There were two other passes that are picks to good corners."

Pretty sure we just played some good corners?

--------------------------

"that ball wasn't even in play"

As I posted earlier it was. Maybe not the ideal spot but had he found it when he first turned his head around he adjusts and makes the catch. Not blaming him for not finding it but it was definitely within reach.

---------------------------

"4 th and 2 that ball wasn't going to be where the play could've possibly be made."

That play call and everything involved with it was absolutely awful. The call, the throw, the timeout called before, and everything else. We should have ran the ball with Tank and let him get two freaking yards. A lot of times when QBs sail those balls out of the endzone like that it's just to draw a PI call not sure if that was the goal but no matter what that play was awful all the way around.

"Like I said it takes reps. It's more than having a coach come in and say don't do that and viola it's fixed. "

100% correct he's still falling away on some throws. It's improved but still a problem.

------------------------

"QB play is better but it's very underwhelming. And he certainly shouldn't get singled out for any blame but at the same time the overzealous fan boy should stop trying to make him a world beater off single plays or mediocre opponents as well."

I know this is a generalized statement but I for one have never identified Bo as a world beater lol. Just much improved which is good to see. Most of my point was we can discuss Bo's flaws all day but there's a huge portion of low football IQ fans who just say "dammit ________________" no matter what actually happened (insert starting QB).

---------------------------------------

"if you have a play maker here or a guy that can carry a team instead of a guy who everything has to be just right for you'd have different results."

I don't think everything has to be just right for Bo. Asking for receivers to make catches and the defense to not allow 80+ yard drives and 100% completion rate in the second half isn't unreasonable. Yes I agree I would love to get a better QB in here but what can we do about that right now? Don't think we have the OL for TJ to succeed right now. Would love to see Dematrius run the offense some.

"We had some drops but when they had balls they could actually make plays on they mostly came thru. The rainbow throws are horrible to try to make plays on."

The drops were bad and at the worst possible times. Gonna write an essay on the QB then sprint through the receiver group? Kind of my point. Kobe's fumble was a back breaker but outside of that I was impressed with his play making. Demetris is a slot guy not an outside receiver that needs to try and fill the Seth roll.

-------------------------------

"You just can't get me to believe that canion and capers wouldn't be better."

Preach brother. If Shed isn't getting it done give someone else a shot. Malcolm has looked good too honestly.

"O line. They had some good plays, they had some bad plays. They are pretty average too. You can win with them but you have to help them with mixing up the run and pass. They aren't a line you can just expect to dominate and your QB never has any pressure. They were actually above average in run blocking."

Well said. I was actually pleasantly surprised with this unit. They looked much better against Penn State than I thought they would. Did their part to help win the game.

------------------------------

"I'm just going to say defense in a group. I wrote about this game we'll see if we actually have a pass rush and nobody talked about that......We don't. You can see that we placed our bets that the QB couldn't carry them and beat us. You see the point of a zone is to wait for a mistake. There are holes but can the QB go the entire game and find them without a mistake or drop. We didn't think their QB could but he did. People were calling for blitzes and as soon as we did they hit us for big plays every time."

Gotta get a pass rusher that can win without needing 5 men coming downhill. Agreed with this. The soft zone just wasn't it and I'm not sure why we didn't change up our approach a little more. We watched as one receiver and one TE kept running free with almost no contested passes. I was begging for at least one damn drop on their end in the second half but it never came. Something has to change on that side of the ball or these air-it-out offenses are gonna be rough on us to keep up with.

Love ya Cole. Good post overall. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Penn State is not ahead of UGA. They would be lucky to get 14Pts against them. UGA is still missing a lot of players which is scary.

I believe UGA might be the best team in the conference this year.    Thought Bama’s defense didn’t look as good as I previously had thought.  They still have a very good offense, so it will take in thirty’s to beat them.   Don’t think AU has that this year.   

With respect to other WR’s (such as Canion and Capers), I am left to imagine their limited playing time has more to do with other requirements of this offensive scheme with respect to blocking and reading and adjusting to defenses in alignment with the QB rather than route running and catching, where they have already demonstrated a high level of competency. 

• Like 1

I don't know the difference between mediocre and average but I am of the opinion that bo is an above average QB and that is his apex. Now can we get the surrounded pieces to be adequate?

27 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Is this a sub-tweet to my thread man? You can @ me if you really want to lol. Cole we need to do something that I think a lot of people would enjoy watching. Once we can watch a replay of the game let's stream us watching it together and we can discuss things real time. I think it would be wildly interesting to see how you view things as we watch them.

"If you go by where he was at I'd say he's improved."

Look we already agree to start. Florida is a good comp to Penn State in terms of difficulty and crowd hostility. Let's look at Bo's stat lines in each game and go from there. I know it's impossible to do a complete 1-to-1 comparison but these games seem similar enough to me. Let me know if we should use a different benchmark.

Bo vs Florida: 11/27 (41%) 145 yards 1 TD 3 INTs / 10 carries for 18 yards

Bo vs Penn State: 21/37 (57%) 185 yards 0 TD 0 INTs / 6 carries for 30 yards

That's a pretty noticeable improvement overall. I will say not scoring once really doesn't meet the benchmark necessary to win a game like this. Can honestly concede that with no hesitation. That's even with drops that should have been easy catches.

Skimming through the replay Shedrick bobbled one that hit him clean in the hands and would have resulted in a first down. Another incompletion was miscommunication where he expected Fromm to continue upfield.

Shedrick with another drop that would have been 15-20 yards.

Penn State brings 5 and no one picks up the LB Bo throws it away (almost intentional grounding)

Drop by Demetris Robertson. He dropped it before he even got hit (which would have been a tough ball to hold onto but he didn't even get to that point).

Terrible throw by Bo to Kobe that's low and well behind him not sure that he should have even thrown to Kobe regardless of ball placement based on the defenders around him. Wish he'd use his legs on this play where nothing was there.

This incomplete to DRob is interesting on replay. Here is the moment Bo released the ball:

981626795_Screenshot2021-09-194_12_09PM.png.fe7db22bf8d9704d6d5a301e4b3c247b.png

He threw it slightly before this frame before DRob was even past his defender yet. Trying to throw it to where he's going to be just floating it too far to the left. I agree this looks worse on Bo's part on re-watch.

1054672670_Screenshot2021-09-194_14_24PM.png.900cf7384a07e6e9cae5323a05cdf088.png

Bad angle but a few frames earlier (when DRob initially turned his head around) that he never found the ball at any point). If he spots this ball it's TD but Bo also needed to lead it inside better. Think he was trying to keep it away from the deep safety who came over.

Incomplete to Shed who got absolutely molested by the Penn State CB should have been PI giving us first and goal down 8.

Dumb ass 4th and 2 throw that likely should have been PI

Threw one away on the final drive

Over throw hail marry attempt on final drive

Contested pass on final drive good break up by the DB

Had the awful should have been pick-6 play that was a timing throw done late. Either throw it on time or not at all. That's a basic thing told to QBs for timing routes.

--------------------

"mediocre"

Hate this label. Has a wildly negative connotation. Would never use this to describe someone unless I despised them and how they performed. Honestly, would never use it to describe an Auburn player unless they were out there not even trying. Could leave it at "very average" but that's just a semantics discussion. Not a big deal.

My honest question is what kind of stat line would you be happy with Bo finishing with? Not even Bo just any QB in this game. What do you think we need?

-------------------------

"There were two other passes that are picks to good corners."

Pretty sure we just played some good corners?

"that ball wasn't even in play"

As I posted earlier it was. Maybe not the ideal spot but had he found it when he first turned his head around he adjusts and makes the catch. Not blaming him for not finding it but it was definitely within reach.

---------------------------

"4 th and 2 that ball wasn't going to be where the play could've possibly be made."

That play call and everything involved with it was absolutely awful. The call, the throw, the timeout called before, and everything else. We should have ran the ball with Tank and let him get two freaking yards. A lot of times when QBs sail those balls out of the endzone like that it's just to draw a PI call not sure if that was the goal but no matter what that play was awful all the way around.

"Like I said it takes reps. It's more than having a coach come in and say don't do that and viola it's fixed. "

100% correct he's still falling away on some throws. It's improved but still a problem.

------------------------

"QB play is better but it's very underwhelming. And he certainly shouldn't get singled out for any blame but at the same time the overzealous fan boy should stop trying to make him a world beater off single plays or mediocre opponents as well."

I know this is a generalized statement but I for one have never identified Bo as a world beater lol. Just much improved which is good to see. Most of my point was we can discuss Bo's flaws all day but there's a huge portion of low football IQ fans who just say "dammit ________________" no matter what actually happened (insert starting QB).

"if you have a play maker here or a guy that can carry a team instead of a guy who everything has to be just right for you'd have different results."

I don't think everything has to be just right for Bo. Asking for receivers to make catches and the defense to not allow 80+ yard drives and 100% completion rate in the second half isn't unreasonable. Yes I agree I would love to get a better QB in here but what can we do about that right now? Don't think we have the OL for TJ to succeed right now. Would love to see Dematrius run the offense some.

"We had some drops but when they had balls they could actually make plays on they mostly came thru. The rainbow throws are horrible to try to make plays on."

The drops were bad and at the worst possible times. Gonna write an essay on the QB then sprint through the receiver group? Kind of my point. Kobe's fumble was a back breaker but outside of that I was impressed with his play making. Demetris is a slot guy not an outside receiver that needs to try and fill the Seth roll.

"You just can't get me to believe that canion and capers wouldn't be better."

Preach brother. If Shed isn't getting it done give someone else a shot. Malcolm has looked good too honestly.

"O line. They had some good plays, they had some bad plays. They are pretty average too. You can win with them but you have to help them with mixing up the run and pass. They aren't a line you can just expect to dominate and your QB never has any pressure. They were actually above average in run blocking."

Well said. I was actually pleasantly surprised with this unit. They looked much better against Penn State than I thought they would. Did their part to help win the game.

------------------------------

"I'm just going to say defense in a group. I wrote about this game we'll see if we actually have a pass rush and nobody talked about that......We don't. You can see that we placed our bets that the QB couldn't carry them and beat us. You see the point of a zone is to wait for a mistake. There are holes but can the QB go the entire game and find them without a mistake or drop. We didn't think their QB could but he did. People were calling for blitzes and as soon as we did they hit us for big plays every time."

Gotta get a pass rusher that can win without needing 5 men coming downhill. Agreed with this. The soft zone just wasn't it and I'm not sure why we didn't change up our approach a little more. We watched as one receiver and one TE kept running free with almost no contested passes. I was begging for at least one damn drop on their end in the second half but it never came. Something has to change on that side of the ball or these air-it-out offenses are gonna be rough on us to keep up with.

Love ya Cole. Good post overall. 

Ahhhh somebody I can talk to! I have to figure out how to write you back in order. It's time that I catch up how to do this how you guys are able to because to be honest it has confused some of my arguments and I can't blame anybody else that my stuff is confusing 😂

What part of what I wrote you felt like was about you though bro lol. It wasn't intentional but I'm going to reply back and I love your idea about the streaming thing. I had some friends tell me I should stream talking sports and video games. But I'm down my brother

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don't know the difference between mediocre and average but I am of the opinion that bo is an above average QB and that is his apex. Now can we get the surrounded pieces to be adequate?

I don't know how much stock should truly be put in PFF grades (that's a whole 'nother discussion), but the 3 starting WRs were in the 50s and only Malcom (28 snaps) and Kobe (38 snaps) broke 60 FWIW. 

ETA - Ja'Varrius only had 6 snaps.

Edited by ValleyTiger

8 hours ago, CCTAU said:

“BO SUCKS” is not a critique. 
And that’s what you get from most of these guys who have never put on a helmet. 
Bo is a good QB. The problem is that folks don’t understand what “good” entails. 

Please do tell what a good QB looks like? (last night 21-37 , 185 yrds 56%completion rate 0 TD)

Bo is below average on road games. 181 passing yards per game and 53% completion rate with twice as many interceptions as TDs . Only difference last night is the defenders did not catch any of the 3 possible ints.  

The stats speak louder than any opinion anyone who thinks Bo is a "good" QB could argue.

The only improvement that I witnessed last night was he did not give up on the plays too soon. 

Edited by tbone4jc

the most consistent thing Bo does is throw behind his receivers. he makes me pine for Brandon Cox.

also, it seemed that when penn st wasn't beating us with wide open passes to their TE, they were running at will off left tackle. it was like our defense just conceded the whole left side of the formation each down.

Bo has never completed more than 59% of his passes in a season...that puts him below average for an NCAA QB; well below average.  In 2020, he ranked 95th in comp % @57.6%.  In 2019 he ranked 84th @59%.   This game he was at 57%; which puts him outside the top 90 passers.  For the season; two cupcakes and Penn State; his comp % ranks him 47th in the NCAA so far this season.  Hard to see him finishing in the top 60 or 70 considering the talent level we face for the rest of the season.  We need to ramp DD and be recruiting like hell.  

With just an average QB we beat Penn State 2 TD's.  

I don't understand why we had him throw that many times.  He should never throw more than 20 - 22 passes.  We have to be a hell of a lot smarter at the types of passes he throws.  

On the goal line, the ball should have gone to Tank or Hunter...that was just a bad call.  Hopefully this staff learns faster than the last one...we can run the ball and run it well.  

I don't like giving the QB all day to throw.  I could find open receivers with that much time...now...not when I was young and could throw...but now.  He was getting about twice the amount of time a 7 on 7 game QB gets.  I don't see how a supposed defensive genius would think that was a rational strategy for 4 quarters.  I can see trying it to start the game; but when it was evident he was going to eat us alive; you change and put pressure on him.   We never changed. 

The coaching issues can be fixed.  The QB issue can only be mitigated (limit throws, etc.); not fixed.      

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Please do tell what a good QB looks like? (last night 21-37 , 185 yrds 56%completion rate 0 TD)

Bo is below average on road games. 181 passing yards per game and 53% completion rate with twice as many interceptions as TDs . Only difference last night is the defenders did not catch any of the 3 possible ints.  

The stats speak louder than any opinion anyone who thinks Bo is a "good" QB could argue.

The only improvement that I witnessed last night was he did not give up on the plays too soon. 

A good QB does not lose the game for you. An above average QB can win the game for you. An excellent QB can carry the team. 

Again, stats do not lie. How many drops did we have? How do drops affect a completion percentage.

Bo is a good QB. He is not above average or excellent.

Look forward to all the passive aggressive posts coming in the morning to make this be on everybody but our QB.

A few of My favorites: I gave negative feed back on Bo I said he was average.

QB played well enough to win. 

O line was pitiful, wr are absolutely trash....I don't see how you can be an Auburn fan and say Bo sucks. 

We will absolutely see people do the same thing that many did when Gus was fired. Start saying it's Bo's fault as if he's been getting unfairly blamed for everything. 

He is just as good as Penn st QB, that QB just ran out there had all day to throw. Anybody can do that. (I remember this one being said only it was Mac Jones substituted for the Penn st guy last season)

The game was lost because of coaching, turnovers, wr inconsistency, defense, no pass rush......QB play had nothing to do with it. 

A few weeks ago he was really one of the best QB's in the sec and nation but

Already had a couple of you haven't said anything wrong but you're not objective arguments.....wait until tomorrow! 😂

Still going to say that was our first game really! It's not over! Wait and see if we improve or not before you start going off on people because you feel a type of way because some of your predictions already look dumb. Season isn't over it's just starting!

• Facepalm 1

A popular opinion is that Finley can't be effective behind this line. Remember the scrimmage reports on how bad the line was? I'm a fan of Finley, but I did agree because he is a total statue. However, I'm changing on that. If the line plays like they did last night, TJ can absolutely be effective if he is called upon imo. They aren't great and he will take some sacks, but that's football

46 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Look forward to all the passive aggressive posts coming in the morning to make this be on everybody but our QB.

A few of My favorites: I gave negative feed back on Bo I said he was average.

QB played well enough to win. 

O line was pitiful, wr are absolutely trash....I don't see how you can be an Auburn fan and say Bo sucks. 

We will absolutely see people do the same thing that many did when Gus was fired. Start saying it's Bo's fault as if he's been getting unfairly blamed for everything. 

He is just as good as Penn st QB, that QB just ran out there had all day to throw. Anybody can do that. (I remember this one being said only it was Mac Jones substituted for the Penn st guy last season)

The game was lost because of coaching, turnovers, wr inconsistency, defense, no pass rush......QB play had nothing to do with it. 

A few weeks ago he was really one of the best QB's in the sec and nation but

Already had a couple of you haven't said anything wrong but you're not objective arguments.....wait until tomorrow! 😂

Still going to say that was our first game really! It's not over! Wait and see if we improve or not before you start going off on people because you feel a type of way because some of your predictions already look dumb. Season isn't over it's just starting!

I wouldn’t say Bo was lights out but those drops have to be taken into account. There were a good amount. The crappy part is even if Finley was in there it was no guarantee the ball would be caught the way the game was going . It seems like the receivers are out of position. Both Shed and    Robertson seem like slot guys. As mentioned above there was no need for Bo to throw that much last night the running game was getting the job done. Lastly, even with all the defection this team has a lot of veterans. Next year is when it really gets interesting 

Bo Nix has improved, but he’s still not the answer. H stayed in the pocket and even stepped up in it at times. But, he’s still way too inaccurate. Even when he was throwing to wide open guys in that first game, the throws were not not on the money. He simply can’t hit guys in stride - our receivers all always having to make some adjustments. If he hits Robertson in stride on both deep balls, then this is a completely different outcome.

Shedrick Jackson does not need to start another game. I would put him in for blocking and that’s it. He’s not an SEC level WR. He missed at least 3 catchable balls that could have changed the outcome of the game.

The last few years I fell in love with Kevin Steele’s press man coverage. But, I felt that we needed to mix it in with more zone to create turnovers. The opposite was true Saturday night. The zone defense was ineffective without a pass rush. I felt that we should’ve played press man and blitzed.

The play calling on both sides of the ball was suprisingly vanilla to me.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DAG said:

I don't see that happening, unless he's going to all of a sudden become more accurate deep. You can't be completely ineffective past 20 yards. He's gone from over throwing the fastest player in CFB, to under throwing it early this year, now extremee moon shot deep balls all of a sudden. Maybe it's a work in progress 

His footwork seems to have improved his intermediate accuracy some and he's throwing balls that are actually catchable. Drops aren't really helping, everyone has drops, but we Def seem to be on the extreme end. I'd be interested to see that Stat.

Maybe his deep ball can be fixed. He has enough arm strength to get it there, it's just never in the right spot

• Like 2