Moving Forward

JMassie11

Not that my opinion matters but I still believe we would be better off with Findley at QB. Bo looked better but he still is not a threat pushing the ball downfield. Everyone knows this and facing better competition the run game has been affected tremendously. My guess is that Findley is more prone to throwing the int? Just wish we would let him loose for a full game and build a game plan around his abilities.

Edited by JMassie11
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 3

"TJ will get eaten alive with this o-line", "TJ will not be any better", "He's a statue", "We just need better o-line and receivers and Bo will get better". Those are just a few of the common excuses used by several. They very well may be true, probably likely true, yet apparently it's not worth finding out. Absolutely nothing against Bo, but like you said, we aren't stretching the field. Hurts in games like today against good defenses. 

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, JMassie11 said:

Not that my opinion matters but I still believe we would be better off with Lindley at QB. Bo looked better but he still is not a threat pushing the ball downfield. Everyone knows this and facing better competition the run game has been affected tremendously. My guess is that Lindley is more prone to throwing the int? Just wish we would let him loose for a full game and build a game plan around his abilities.

I’m gonna assume you mean TJ…and all we really know about TJ is that the current LSU qb had the job over him and LSU is not good at all so that doesn’t speak volumes  We also know that given multiple times that Bo maybe should’ve been benched, the coaches still felt Bo was the better option expect once, and even after that once still felt he was the best option. Maybe TJ could put it all together given a real opportunity but we also know that after losses the backup qb is the most popular player on the team.  I’d like to see TJ get 2-3 series in a row in the game or two if the situation allows, but not sure the situation will allow honestly with how bad the receivers are 
Simply based on what we know about our qb room, I’d almost rather go for the true fresh Qb who is expected to be better than both the others by many on here and just start building for the next few years. 

7 minutes ago, au302 said:

"TJ will get eaten alive with this o-line", "TJ will not be any better", "He's a statue", "We just need better o-line and receivers and Bo will get better". Those are just a few of the common excuses used by several. They very well may be true, probably likely true, yet apparently it's not worth finding out. Absolutely nothing against Bo, but like you said, we aren't stretching the field. Hurts in games like today against good defenses. 

Exactly, just like with Uga today, up until the long TD we held their run game in check. After the 60 yard bomb they were able to do a lot with play action and open things up with the run game. 

• Like 2

Guest MustardSeed
5 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Exactly, just like with Uga today, up until the long TD we held their run game in check. After the 60 yard bomb they were able to do a lot with play action and open things up with the run game. 

While technically true, that was also simultaneously the time when our defense was out of gas due to the receivers ending practically every drive we had and forcing them back on the field with very little rest. Georgia never had to respect the pass fully because whether the passes were getting there or not, it meant nothing because they weren’t caught. 

11 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

Nix threw for 217 yards on 55% today against the number 1 defense in the country. Take away all the drops and he might have thrown for 300. Take away just 2 specific drops and we score a TD on our opening drive and don't gift them a field goal on our second.

Truth

16 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

Nix threw for 217 yards on 55% today against the number 1 defense in the country. Take away all the drops and he might have thrown for 300. Take away just 2 specific drops and we score a TD on our opening drive and don't gift them a field goal on our second.

We must figure out a way to get that percentage up in mid 60’s IMO.

57 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Not that my opinion matters but I still believe we would be better off with Findley at QB. Bo looked better but he still is not a threat pushing the ball downfield. Everyone knows this and facing better competition the run game has been affected tremendously. My guess is that Findley is more prone to throwing the int? Just wish we would let him loose for a full game and build a game plan around his abilities.

Who is Findley? 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

With this crappy OL and all thumbs WR's  no QB is going to be very successful.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, BigSammyK said:

Change 5 drops to completions and he’s at 68%. 

And potentially around 300 yards and against one of if not the best defenses in all of college football.  It’s not officially time for a qb change but Bo certainly isn’t polished in any shape form or fashion. I caught it on the first drive. His left arm was shaking pretty bad and looked like he was losing his emotions already. His issue is he can’t keep calm. All the best qbs keep their calm in the face of pressure. Bo doesn’t seem capable of that. Maybe he’ll surprise me though 

Just now, BigSammyK said:

Change 5 drops to completions and he’s at 68%. 

Understand but drops are always included in QB stats ( also understand we might have more than our share of drops). Also I wasn’t necessarily meaning it’s on Bo to do that. If we can do that with Bo by removing the drops, that works also. TJ’s passes seem to be easier to catch but may not have enough data to say that conclusively ( don’t think TJ’s completion percentage is high enough either).

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Our WR’s had at least 8 drops today unfortunately.  Bo was not the issue.  

Yea, I’m just discussing stats, not advocating for anything. I trust Harsin to make the right decision (as if I could affect anything anyway😊). Support his decisions 100%.

• Like 1

Aggie and bammer combined for 2 drops in the 2nd half today. That's one series for us. Aggie's QB throws flat, fast passes like Bo. I think it was Achane (maybe Spiller?) that caught a pass in very similar circumstances to the one Worm bobbled that resulted in the INT today. It's not Bo. Changing out Bo will just get you more L's, and then the same people will want to change out coaches too. CPD is watching this from on high whispering "Dance with the girl that brung ya" to all of you "play Finley" people. 

Edited by TigerHorn
  • Like 5

Finley would have taken 5 plus sacks today. I was ready to see DD at some point.

But,

1) can't pass block

2) can't run block

3) can't catch

4) can't cover in zone

5) can't rush the passer

Not gonna win many games against true top 20 opponents.

• Like 7

Thank you to our last administration, we have so many holes that need to be filled. Quarterback is one of them. Offensive linemen are crucial. Wide receivers are crucial. We need elite players. I am going to beat this horse dead into the ground. We just aren’t good enough. 
The reason that I mentioned this is because I do not think either of the quarterbacks are all that good. I think that bo can win or lose every game left on the schedule. Same for Finley. They both have flaws. And the pieces that they are working with, like the receivers and the offensive line, are abysmal. 

6 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Finley would have taken 5 plus sacks today. I was ready to see DD at some point.

But,

1) can't pass block

2) can't run block

3) can't catch

4) can't cover in zone

5) can't rush the passer

Not gonna win many games against true top 20 opponents.

I don't know how much it matters, but I never saw Davis today throwing. 4 qbs came out early to warm up before the rest of the team before 2nd half started and it was Bo, tj, loy and the walk on. Guessing he's not ready

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

Aggie and bammer combined for 2 drops in the 2nd half today. That's one series for us. Aggie's QB throws flat, fast passes like Bo. I think it was Achane (maybe Spiller?) that caught a pass in very similar circumstances to the one Worm bobbled that resulted in the INT today. It's not Bo. Changing out Bo will just get you more L's, and then the same people will want to change out coaches too. CPD is watching this from on high whispering "Dance with the girl that brung ya" to all of you "play Finley" people. 

I'm fully aware we are in a rebuilding year. Most of us knew and accepted that. But I'm beyond sick and tired of the same ole excuses and acceptance of mediocrity. People are scared to play TJ because it could somehow get worse. Well, that's part of football. I'm at the point of being fine with taking the risk. This mentality is one of the reasons we have fallen so far behind UGA. I'm not specifically saying you are like this, just a lot of our fan base. I think Harsin has the guts we need, just hope he pulls the trigger with and benches some of these guys making the same mistakes game after game

• Like 1