What AU QB and WR would you choose for this Offense?

autiger88

16 hours ago, autiger88 said:

What all time Auburn QB and WR would you choose for this Offense

Mine I gotta go with 04 Jason Campbell or 13 Nick Marshall they would be fun to watch in this offense

WR would be Sammie Coates or Devin Aromashodu

Great idea for a fun conversation, 88. I've enjoyed reading the answers. Several "oh man, good call" suggestions. 

To me, Cam is too much of a cheat code. The QB options for me are Campbell, Cox, White and Stidham. I feel like Borges more or less got the most out of Campbell and Cox, and as underrated as White was, Stidham was probably the most misused QB in AU history. I'm going with him. His skill set would fit perfectly with what Harsin and Bobo want to do.

Can't argue with many suggestions for WR but I gotta go with Seth Williams. Especially since he could actually still be here and I don't think there's any question he's the alpha in this group by a wide margin. He's exactly the guy we've needed on the other end of several passes in big spots this season. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Great idea for a fun conversation, 88. I've enjoyed reading the answers. Several "oh man, good call" suggestions. 

To me, Cam is too much of a cheat code. The QB options for me are Campbell, Cox, White and Stidham. I feel like Borges more or less got the most out of Campbell and Cox, and as underrated as White was, Stidham was probably the most misused QB in AU history. I'm going with him. His skill set would fit perfectly with what Harsin and Bobo want to do.

Can't argue with many suggestions for WR but I gotta go with Seth Williams. Especially since he could actually still be here and I don't think there's any question he's the alpha in this group by a wide margin. He's exactly the guy we've needed on the other end of several passes in big spots this season. 

Thank you I thought about due to the other one with QB and RB being left out so I though I would ask this one because I wanted to see what y'all would say. You're right it's a fun discussion so far. Thank you guys for answering.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Jason Campbell and Aromashadu, CJ Uzumah and Schwartz! 

Why would somebody thumb down this? It's his opinion if you don't like it we'll give your own 🤷 btw I like your answer @Randman5000

Pat Sullivan and Terry Beasley. That's too far back for many of you, but they had to be seen to be appreciated. Yes, both would be stars today, they were that good.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Pat Sullivan and Terry Beasley. That's too far back for many of you, but they had to be seen to be appreciated. Yes, both would be stars today, they were that good.

I tried to stay away from the Heisman guys and all-timers, If I hadn't I'd have picked those two.

I picked Burger because I thought he and Harsin would really mesh well. His toughness would play well with this staff.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I tried to stay away from the Heisman guys and all-timers, If I hadn't I'd have picked those two.

I picked Burger because I thought he and Harsin would really mesh well. His toughness would play well with this staff.

Burger was a solid and very good quarterback, great leader. Plagiarism, fighting in restaurant parking lot, dove hunting…loved him. Unsung folks like Weygand and Scott Bolton fun to watch. Those guys were players.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Burger was a solid and very good quarterback,

My favorite Burger recollection was when AU had the ball on the Tennessee one yard line, a big lead and the game about to end. Pat Dye sent the 'take a knee" play in. In the huddle the O-linemen told Burger they were going to blow it open and he'd better score. So the O-line blew a big hole and Burger walked in for the TD. Asked about it after the game, Burger replied that he was more scared of those big O-line guys than he was of the coaches. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Cam Newton and Darvin Adams. That combo was deadly and I think it would be even better in this offense.

IIRC, won a couple of games together.

Ok, being a little different.

In this offense I would love to see a 2 TE set with Uzomah and Lutzie with Burger or Campbell.

p.s. I can't believe no one has picked the great combo of Kiehl Frazier and Prechae Rodriquez? :)

Edited by steeleagle

15 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Prechae Rodriquez

Who caught the game-winning TD pass in the 2006 Iron Bowl? That Prechae Rodriguez?

6_4723963.jpg

• Like 1

The receivers from the mid 90's teams deserve some mention. Bailey, Baker, Bailey, Gosha, Goodson, et. Al 

Tim Carter too

• Like 3

Randy Walls and Lawyer Tillman

I suggest you watch Lawyer's entire highlight film and this guy ended up playing tightend in the NFL

As for Randy because he's a winner

• Like 2

I'll go with some recent guys, Stidham and Slayton. Stid was a terrible fit for Gus, but imo, would be really good in this system. Use that good arm of his to stretch the field with Slayton, a great deep ball receiver, and this offense is much better. Would free up Cowboy and Tank

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 3:46 PM, autiger88 said:

What all time Auburn QB and WR would you choose for this Offense

Mine I gotta go with 04 Jason Campbell or 13 Nick Marshall they would be fun to watch in this offense

WR would be Sammie Coates or Devin Aromashodu

For me the answer at QB is simple. Jarrett Stidham probably had the best “NFL arm” that I’ve seen at Auburn my entire life and that includes Campbell. Had Stidham played in this offense the way he is viewed by Auburn fans would be VERY  different. 

WR… that is a little harder… it would be the sole 1,000 yard WR we have had in my lifetime (Ronny Daniels,) the next closest we have gotten to 1,000 yards (Darvin Adam’s,) or who probably would of been a 1,000 yard WR had he not been a knucklehead (Duke Williams.)

and I would of course be just wrong not at least name dropping my favorite Auburn WR of all time… Courtney Taylor. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 7:09 PM, auburnphan said:

I would love to see Stidham with this offense and especially the coaching.

I would like to see him paired with Darvin Adams or while he is a TE, I would love to see CJ Uzomah in this offense.

Almost identical my man

• Like 1

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

The receivers from the mid 90's teams deserve some mention. Bailey, Baker, Bailey, Gosha, Goodson, et. Al 

Tim Carter too

I still have nightmares over Karstin Bailey dropping passes

24 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I still have nightmares over Karstin Bailey dropping passes

That was Trott. 😂

I would go with Nick Marshall and two WR's Terry Beasley and Frank Sanders.  For those of us old enough to have seen Beasley when he was at Auburn elite peed, great hands, and tough as nails. Sanders a great all round receiver 6'2" over 200 pounds and solid speed, used his body well and ran great routes, like Beasley tough as nails. With these two they both can be possession receivers, long ball receivers and both had ability to turn a short pass into a long pass or a TD. Marshall fits this O as it uses a QB's legs to keep D honest. Nix is a threat with his legs to keep drives going Marshall to keep drives going or score from anywhere on the field. 

Ben Leard.  Very accurate and smart.  Those would play well in Harsin's offense.  Need an oline though.  If it had to be with this group, I would need Cam.  

Lawyer Tillman.  If you followed Auburn in the 80s you know why.